Old February 21, 2003, 00:36   #31
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 06:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by LDiCesare
I think it would be good to have some messages to explain what's happening. I know the book, but it could add to the atmosphere if I knew where the One Ring is (or if I knew it is still lost). A few events in the beginning of the game to set up the atmosphere would help IMO. In particular, getting some of the main characters (Strider, the halflings) in Elrond's place should trigger some event?
You may want to wait until Ben completes his SLICs for this. Based on comments from him, he is closed to finished. I will post the updated version in a new thread when finished - and clarify any inconsistencies in the readmes.

The path is different than Cradle because the Scenarios folder that contains the LOTR Scenario is in the Call to Power 2/ folder, and Cradle files started in the Call to Power 2/ctp2_data folder. So files for LOTR need to be unzipped into the Activison/ folder

The listing on my system is Call to Power 2/ - it may be CTP2/ on the german version.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old February 21, 2003, 05:44   #32
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 12:50
Quote:
Originally posted by hexagonian
The path is different than Cradle because the Scenarios folder that contains the LOTR Scenario is in the Call to Power 2/ folder, and Cradle files started in the Call to Power 2/ctp2_data folder. So files for LOTR need to be unzipped into the Activison/ folder
Using winzip I could create an appropriate zip file which unzipped into the CTP2 folder - what are you using to make the zip files?

Quote:
The listing on my system is Call to Power 2/ - it may be CTP2/ on the german version.
Mine's CTP2 as well - I almost never install games in the default path - they take far too long to type at the command line.

Last edited by J Bytheway; February 21, 2003 at 09:32.
Old February 21, 2003, 09:29   #33
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Yeah, atmosphere shouldn't be too probl;ematic. The ring is with Frodo always...
Old February 21, 2003, 11:27   #34
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 13:50
As John and I stated every player is free to call his default CTP2 folder Call To Power 2 or just CTP2 so the right way would be to let the player unzip the files into his default CTP2 folder that can be called Call To Power 2 or CTP2 or something else. Therefore it shouldn't go into the Activiion folder or games folder or whatever folder.

What about the Colors00.txt I think not everyone does like it if the default Colors00.txt is overwritten, in particular I belong to this group of persions who don't like it as I made my own version of that file.

-Martin
Old February 21, 2003, 11:52   #35
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Normally I'd agree about colours00.txt, but really, Mordor in Orange? It jarrs on the senses a bit IMO. The dark red suits better. Put it in the scenario gamedata folders, and put instructions on how to disable it if needed.
Old February 28, 2003, 15:02   #36
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

SLICs sent...
Old February 28, 2003, 17:06   #37
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 06:50
Files received...

I hope to have something up over the weekend.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...