Old May 24, 2000, 14:38   #1
Gregurabi
Prince

Local Time: 01:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Linux version coming soon
I'd like to warn everyone here that there may be a small rush of newbies to these forums in the next couple weeks; I appear to be the scout rover.

Loki (www.lokigames.com) is currently beta-testing their port of SMAC (including Alien Crossfire) for Linux. (They ported Civilization: Call to Power last year, almost simultaneously with the Windows release.)

I've spent the last few days beta testing (I got really lucky!) and reading Velocyrix's excellent strategy guide (along with a fair sampling of the rest of the strategy forum).

I noticed that there's a separate forum for SMAC on the Mac. I doubt there's any justification for creating a separate Linux forum -- Loki has its own newsgroups and tech support for Linux-specific issues.

So, if you see some confused people asking questions here, go easy on 'em. At least at first.
Old May 24, 2000, 14:49   #2
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Welcome aboard any and all linuxians. By the way, you might as well fill out your SMACX anonymous cards on your way in here and stop over at Red Archer's counseling services booth.

[This message has been edited by Ogie Oglethorpe (edited May 24, 2000).]
Old May 25, 2000, 04:44   #3
MarkG

welcome to the forums!

the only justification for the creation of a new forum here is the existance of a logical amount of posters and traffic