Old December 3, 2002, 08:54   #1
celicakydd
Settler

Local Time: 06:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Question from an old CTPII player who hasn't played in a while
When CTPII first came out I attempted to play several LAN games with my roomie at the time. We always did well until about 900ad when the non host player would start having some major problems with unit movement/graphics on cities changing to previous era. Research becoming messed up. Just curious if any of the mods have corrected this as I would like to give the LAN multiplayer a try again, but hesitate to do so if nothing has been fixed. And yes I did play with the latest/last patch given by activision before they stated this is it, no more support.
Old December 3, 2002, 11:28   #2
Devil of Truth
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 13:58
The problems you’re experiencing sounds suspiciously like resynchs . You can read about how to minimize resynchs in an MP game here.
Old December 3, 2002, 15:05   #3
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 11:58
Wow! 900ad in MP, It was usually all over sooner when i played it! I used to use Cradle most the time in MP(LAN) and never came across the problems you mentioned(but there were and still are other problems), but i think that most of the Mods were created with the single player game in mind. So i expect you may get the same things, i take it you didn't use any mod in your LAN games - Just the patched(1.1) CTP2 setup?
hmmm... I really don't think i ever came across those things you mentioned and i must have got past 900ad at least once? I'd recommend downloading Cradle and seeing how it turns out unless someone can tell you for definate.
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.