Old January 7, 2003, 23:16   #361
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 12:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
There really should be no reason to reload if you minimize civ3 and paste the screenshots. This could avoid any accidental complications in the future.
Unfortunately, this assumes that the person playing the turn is the person taking the shots, which is often not the case... If I get a pre-end-turn save from Jack_www and need to take the screenshots (several of - parts of the map, F11, F1, city screens etc.), I relaunch civ, load the pre-end-turn save, have a look at how exactly he played it, shut down civ, launch again, load the incoming save from Luxes, replay the turn taking the shots, and shut down again... Cumbersome, awkward, but working and never leading to problems...
Old January 10, 2003, 23:45   #362
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 07:59
Wow, GoW has had the save for over 7 hours - very uncharacteristic for them. I hope they're not having any trouble.
Old January 13, 2003, 04:32   #363
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Just posted this in the Saved Game thread, but as it is important, I am repeating it here, too.

URGENT!!!

I am sorry to report that the savegame got probably screwed somewhere during the 2590BC. Working on screenshots for our Legoland Chronicle, I have noticed that we received twice as much of everything... shields, food, research... as if there was an extra turn between 2630BC and 2590BC. Even though I cannot completely rule out a possibility that I am just dead dumb and am missing something, I urge all the teams to check their last two INCOMING savegames for any discrepancies.

Also, do we know what difficulty level are we actually playing at? As far as I can tell, it is not Regent nor anything more difficult... is it Cheiftan? Is it the bug I saw mentioned somewhere, making all PBEM games default to one difficulty?
Old January 13, 2003, 04:51   #364
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 04:59
I checked our save. Accel prod. is not on and we accumul. the correct number of shields it looks like.

check your save to see if accel. prod is on. It can be turned on by loading the game through multiplayer/host game screen if accel. production is checked on the game rules before loading the game.

note: I did not play our game save. So I cannot verify if Eli's save got screwed up somehow. But the save coming into Vox Controli looks O.K.
Old January 13, 2003, 05:09   #365
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

AP was not on, as the food/prod boxes are of the proper size/count. We just received twice as much of what is being filled into them...

Knowing that Voxes got a good save helps a lot. Luxes (Trip?), did you get a good save? If you did, replay your turn, making sure you do not reload or do any other naughty things and resend the save to us, please.
Old January 13, 2003, 06:39   #366
Borc
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

time counter: the turn 2590 was complete... the counter was stopped and will be restarted as soon as GS has a new save file... i hope trip will read your message soon vondrack!
Old January 13, 2003, 07:24   #367
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Re difficulty: When loading, it says Regent, but this can't be true. It's all the way down to Chieftain, that I know for sure. That means 4 content citizens without the need of a MP.

Re double production. Did you by chance save the game after you received it and reloaded later to play? In this case, you get a second turn worth of everything (food, gold, shields). Whatever happened, we know now about the issue and won't play with the wrong save.
Old January 13, 2003, 08:36   #368
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
Re difficulty: When loading, it says Regent, but this can't be true. It's all the way down to Chieftain, that I know for sure. That means 4 content citizens without the need of a MP.
Yes, that's my impression, too. Can't be Regent, as we could leave our three citizens ungarrisoned in Legopolis and they would be just fine...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
Re double production. Did you by chance save the game after you received it and reloaded later to play? In this case, you get a second turn worth of everything (food, gold, shields). Whatever happened, we know now about the issue and won't play with the wrong save.

Nope, the save we got from Luxes is incorrect, that I know for sure. I relaunched Civ3 and reloaded several times (I always relaunch before reloading), checking the 2630BC & 2590BC savegames to make sure before posting about the problem.
Old January 13, 2003, 10:22   #369
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

At least it took a while to get corrupted again.

It was fine when I played it... I'll replay it and send it again...
Old January 13, 2003, 11:21   #370
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Well, we tried to solve the problem with Trip, but failed to... Trip says the savegame he received from Voxes is fine - but when he plays the turn and forwards the savegame to me, we (Lego) get two-turn output over the span of just 1 turn... we tried loading the savegame both through the main menu and through the MP screen, no difference.

Voxes, can you try replaying your turn and send it again to Trip?
Old January 13, 2003, 11:21   #371
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:59
And you were this close of getting away with it
Old January 13, 2003, 14:03   #372
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

we appreciate your honesty. If we can't sort this out, we could see if other civs get this bonus, it might even things out.
Old January 13, 2003, 14:11   #373
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I replayed the turn and sent
Old January 13, 2003, 15:06   #374
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

It's odd... only 1 turn difference (as it should be) between 2630 and 2590 on what we were building in our capital, and yet no matter how many times the game was played, nor how it was loaded, was there any difference...

Hopefully things will work now...
Old January 13, 2003, 15:25   #375
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
Hopefully things will work now...
They won't...

Pondering about what could be the problem... as we seem to be the only team affected by this... it's likely that the savegame got corrupted with us when we played our 2630BC turn (most probably the save/reload bug!? ...)... It was not me playing that turn, but let's try this now (I believe that is going to be the fastest way of getting the game back on track):

I will replay our 2630BC turn one more time and resend the save to Gathering Storm. Everybody, be so kind and replay your turn, preferrably exactly the way (I mean the way of loading) you normally do (since we do not have this kind of a problem normally). If this does not help, then... well... dunno... hell, it MUST work!

Last edited by vondrack; January 13, 2003 at 15:45.
Old January 14, 2003, 02:20   #376
Jon Shafer

If it doesn't work then we'll have to try re-playing the turn entirely with DIFFERENT people playing the turn from normal... there's a chance the save got corrupted from one of the games, and if we do that, that might solve the problem. More delays, yes, but at least we can still keep the game moving...
Old January 14, 2003, 04:09   #377
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
If it doesn't work then we'll have to try re-playing the turn entirely with DIFFERENT people playing the turn from normal... there's a chance the save got corrupted from one of the games, and if we do that, that might solve the problem. More delays, yes, but at least we can still keep the game moving...
Well, replaying the whole turn helped. Thanks God!

I am now pretty sure that the save got corrupted by the known reload/extra-production bug when Jack played our 2630BC turn. As soon as I have a chance to speak to him, I will try to confirm that.

Anyway, everybody, accept our sincerest apologies for delaying the game by an extra day.
Old January 14, 2003, 05:46   #378
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

just glad we got that sorted out. now back to building that ICBM. It sure takes a long time with our limited production this early in the game.
Old January 14, 2003, 13:28   #379
Borc
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

... tick tack tick tack
Old January 15, 2003, 03:11   #380
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Sent to Qegoqand...
Trip, you're running short of letters
--Woody Allen
Old January 15, 2003, 03:18   #381
Jon Shafer

I might eventually... *gasp* have to use "L" before it's over with!
Old January 15, 2003, 06:10   #382
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

....or you can take them out, so you can send it to the next team....
Old January 15, 2003, 10:09   #383
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Who, Blathering Borm? :P
Old January 15, 2003, 12:12   #384
Jon Shafer

Sounds like 'Babbling Brook'.
Old January 15, 2003, 12:15   #385
pikesfan
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 05:59
There are always the usual accented characters, and then the Unicode letters.
Old January 19, 2003, 23:56   #386
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

it says sent to me, but I haven't got it yet

Jon Miller
Old January 20, 2003, 00:04   #387
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Miller
it says sent to me, but I haven't got it yet

Jon Miller
Doublechecked your address - sent to same one as last time. And it hasn't bounced, so must just be a slow mail server (yours or mine).
Old January 20, 2003, 00:25   #388
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

syill don't have it

Jon Miller
Old January 20, 2003, 01:52   #389
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

got it

Jon Miller
Old January 20, 2003, 19:39   #390
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Hey! Jack_www's online maybe Lego can play their turn!