Old December 9, 2002, 02:01   #91
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Local Time: 07:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Why can't everyone be like Borc? It's that strong German work ethic
Old December 9, 2002, 02:47   #92
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Must be. Like I mentioned turn-around time for our team is about 20 minutes average with me holding the reigns.
Old December 9, 2002, 02:57   #93
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

You imposter.
Old December 9, 2002, 03:20   #94
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

So what if I wasn't born in Germany, doesn't mean I'm not German.
Old December 9, 2002, 03:33   #95
punkbass2000
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
So what if I wasn't born in Germany, doesn't mean I'm not German.
Interesting theory... I think you're really going to throw a wrench into the Immigrations department.
Old December 9, 2002, 04:47   #96
Borc
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

Local Time: 12:59
Quote:
Originally posted by punkbass2000
Why can't everyone be like Borc? It's that strong German work ethic
its not german work ethic its because our arab civ has to prise allah every morning at 6am
Old December 9, 2002, 05:30   #97
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Well, vondrack is on... Here's hoping it will move along soon.
I was on and had the save, but since the turn was not just "hit Enter, save, forward", I was waiting for Jack to play it. We agreed upon that I am free to play the turn on behalf of our team only if he does not play it within 18 hours from the savegame receipt. Only if the turn is 100% obvious or precisely determined by team orders, I dare to break this agreement and play the turn as soon as I have the save. As that was not the case with the last turn, I did not feel I was authorized to play it on my own.
Old December 9, 2002, 13:06   #98
Jon Shafer

Come on Role-players and Vox!
Old December 9, 2002, 14:22   #99
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:59
I'm here and waiting...
Old December 9, 2002, 16:59   #100
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 13:59
Shouldn't the roleplayers have a European to play the game, along with the 2 Americans in charge (Togas and Arnelos) ?
Old December 9, 2002, 19:17   #101
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:59
As soon as I hear back from one of my teammates with PTW, I'll forward it over. We don't have a lot of PTW owners on my team. But we do have a lot of god-d*mned squid spam....

Ghengis sent it to me at 5am in the morning Ghengis time... my god, don't you people sleep!

Sadly, I work. All day. The orders will get done. We have 24 hours and I predict someone from my squad will respond to my post and it will be out in the next hour at the most.

Viva Espania!

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old December 9, 2002, 20:15   #102
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Save sent to Vox (Eli and Dissident).
Old December 9, 2002, 20:26   #103
Jon Shafer

C'mon Vox!
Old December 9, 2002, 21:22   #104
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

From what I have seen, we at Vox Controli have been very efficient at playing our turns. (with a name like Vox Controli - one would expect efficiency, wouldn't one.)

Doesn't hurt to have the time zones covered with two players.
Old December 9, 2002, 21:49   #105
Jon Shafer

Well our team is covered in Colorado and Holland, so that doesn't leave many hours of the day that aren't covered.
Old December 10, 2002, 00:57   #106
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 05:59
Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
From what I have seen, we at Vox Controli have been very efficient at playing our turns. (with a name like Vox Controli - one would expect efficiency, wouldn't one.)

Doesn't hurt to have the time zones covered with two players.
So what's going on that you can't play the turn now?
Old December 10, 2002, 01:23   #107
Jon Shafer

Sorry guys... sleep demands attention. I won't be able to send the save until tomorrow morning.
Old December 10, 2002, 01:51   #108
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:59
Quote:
C'mon Vox!
C'mom Lux!

Sleep is for the weak!
Old December 10, 2002, 02:15   #109
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:59
Quote:
Sorry guys... sleep demands attention. I won't be able to send the save until tomorrow morning.
So much for bragging that you're faster than everyone
Old December 10, 2002, 02:32   #110
Jon Shafer

A pity I don't have the save.
Old December 10, 2002, 03:45   #111
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 04:59
turn sent to Lux Invicta (as I noted in other thread). just got home from work. I had many PBEM games waiting for me . Hard to keep them strait.

I will be off the next 3 days. I will be widely available. Just have to do some christmas shopping and a few other minor things.
Old December 10, 2002, 04:11   #112
Jon Shafer

And in a clutch move the LI representative still manages to get the turn out... how amazing his he, sacrificing dear sleep for such an adventure?

How can the other teams possibly match this level of dedication and loyalty to that which is true and just?
Old December 10, 2002, 11:24   #113
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Spiffor just posted that he sent the game on to nye and Whimpering Storm.

Sir Ralph is online, can't he play the game? If someone doesn't pass it on soon we'll have to wait a day for New Demogyptica to play.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; December 10, 2002 at 12:18.
Old December 10, 2002, 13:32   #114
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 13:59
Ghengis, please keep in mind that most people also check the forum at work, where they don't have PTW installed. Of course, for students there are no stupid time constraints, but not everyone is so lucky.

Further, I don't think Sir Ralph would automatically play the turn, if he can expect that NYE is online in a few hours. We want to be fast, however we don't want to confuse everyone just so we can be fast...

DeepO
Old December 10, 2002, 13:39   #115
Borc
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

i will be here another 6 hours... but i also think it could be a bit faster
Old December 10, 2002, 14:00   #116
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

What I'm saying is there are specific periods in the day when it is becoming tradition for a team to play their turn, it might be possible to coordinate a 24 hour turn system if we can scedule these periods and stick to them.

Typically nye plays the turn a few hours before now. Since he missed the time during which he usually plays the turn it is most likely he is somewhere where he can no longer play. A few more hours and we will be out of Borc's availability time and we will have to wait the 24 hour cycle to nye's next time slot for him to play the game.
Old December 10, 2002, 14:30   #117
Jon Shafer

Yes, at the moment LI's time span seems to be sometime between 2pm and 2am. That's rather definitive.

Seriously though... we should try and form a better schedule here. Right now the movement of the save is rather sporadic, and that's not helping moving things along.

[Edit]My spelling abilities fail me.[/Edit]

Last edited by Jon Shafer; December 10, 2002 at 14:42.
Old December 10, 2002, 14:37   #118
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

The game will move. We can't force 7 teams to conform to some kind of schedule other than we have.

When contact is made between teams, a lot more time will be required for some of those turns.

I think the teams are doing well, for the most part. The game is zinging along compared to how people were imagining it.
Old December 10, 2002, 14:44   #119
Jon Shafer

How would we be forcing people to conform to a schedule if we try and figure out what team members for each team are available when, and using that to help move the game along at, possibly, twice as fast? It's not like we're saying, okay, Mr. North American Team 1, you go at 900 GMT, Mr. Europe Team 1 you go at 300 GMT...
Old December 10, 2002, 14:51   #120
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Not all teams have Europeans who can play PTW. Not all teams have Euros who can play the game while the other players are unavailable. Not all of us are students, Trip.

One team I can think of has no players in North America.