Old December 3, 2002, 20:08   #1
Solid74
Settler

Local Time: 12:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
all i wanna do is play online...
Ok, so the fact that this game does not support direct IP connection gaming is beyond me. I have to play Sherlock Holmes to figure out how to actually play through the provided servers, and that I have to download an updated server list. Ok, no prob. So, me and my friend have been playing for weeks with no more problems. Now, I get on today and find that one of the servers that we play through is gone, and the other simply wont let us connect!! Only 2 servers to choose from and neither will work. *SIGH*

Please someone tell me if there is a solution to this problem, maybe others are experiencing the same thing. After all this work, it seems a shame to have to give up again.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old December 3, 2002, 20:27   #2
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 13:01
When did you last play CtP2 MP? Theres only been 2 servers to choose from for over 6 months now. Only the nlink one works though.

Also, what Operating System are you using?
Old December 3, 2002, 20:29   #3
HuangShang
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 05:01
what? there cutting CtP2's mp

last time i check there was like 20
Old December 3, 2002, 22:51   #4
Solid74
Settler

I have ben playing MP only about a month to 6 weeks. The only available server tells me it is unable to connect me. That one has never worked for me, the other one "games.igateway.net" did, but it vanished only today. I played on it last night. I am running windows 98SE, I had problems gaming with XP.

If the nlink one is the only one that works now, where did it go? bummer...
Old December 3, 2002, 23:09   #5
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Wow i didnt know what you meant because i hadnt played online for a couple of weeks and yeah theres only games.igateway.net one left and i couldnt join it either.

I suppose someone could try emailing the people who run the server or Activision.

Thats the only server left on the CtP1 servers list aswell, but the funny thing is that i could join the server on CtP1 for some reason.
Old December 3, 2002, 23:24   #6
Maquiladora
Emperor

Okay well i emailed support@igateway.net letting them know basically what happens that nobody can join regardless of OS or whatever. Im almost hopeless in emailing Activsion because of their record but it might also not be their problem so...
Old December 4, 2002, 21:33   #7
Solid74
Settler

The responses are appreciated, but c'mon... 33 views and only 5 posts including my 2? I know this problem has got to affect more than just me and my friend. The only playable server vanishes and nobody complains? I know one of you CTP2 gurus that run this forum has at least an idea of what's going on. Please help. I have no options other than selling my game on Ebay, because since I have discovered MP, single player pales in comparison. I love this game and would love to play it again. Please anyone out there help me out. Thanks!!
Old December 4, 2002, 21:37   #8
Solid74
Settler

correction: the server games.igateway.net was the server that is left and that I am unable to connect to. I don't remember the name of the server that worked.

btw activision is no help at all