Old December 3, 2002, 22:30   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 12:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Story Contest Round 13: Nominations (RESTARTED THREAD)
Well, since the old one has been detoped and jcmcleod has disappeared; here's the NEW
Round 13-

""The Great Cold War" by Jack_www
"Times of War and Diplomacy" by Johnmcleod
""Ghost of Thermopilie" by Lord_Zalsabad
""Mikes Story" by ChrisusMaximus
""Wild West Story by SKILORD
""The Final War by Lycurgus
Collected Index of America In Peril Series
Devil of Nakwalini by Unscratchedfoot

BOLD are seconded

Last edited by DarkCloud; December 14, 2002 at 21:04.
Old December 3, 2002, 22:35   #2
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

The old ones-

Murad's Brigade" by Kizami....Seconded
Three Superpowers by Sonic... Seconded

Nominations in Bold are seconded. After 8 choices are seconded, there will be a Semifinal Multi-Check poll. AFter that poll, the top 4 from that poll will advance to the final round with radio-button voting.

2 SPOTS OPEN!

REMEMBER THE PRIZE IS A DISCOUNT AT THE APOLYTON STORE!

And you may nominate your own thread.
Old December 3, 2002, 23:56   #3
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Hey, I seconeded my story long ago, and why isn't there a link to it?
Old December 4, 2002, 03:37   #4
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 13:02
Thanks for sorting this Darkcloud but I think some of those are not finished Items. And Steamthunk wants all his five episodes to be one entry. Also Lord Zalzabads piece has been seconded as he says.

Has Johnmcleod given up ? anyways thanks very much!
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old December 4, 2002, 23:38   #5
DarkCloud
staff

First, I would like to thank MarkG for topping this thread

Second- It would help a lot if Steamthunk could combine all his 5 episodes into one post; could he please do so?

For now, I'll leave them as they are; but will count them collectively as 1... And when it's time for the voting; i'll make links to all- but it would help if he could combine the threads.

-
Lord Zalzabad- seconded received and linked to.

----
History of the Story Contest

Rounds _-_ run by _
Rounds _-11 run by civman2000 until he went on vacation when cbraund stepped in; then civman returned for a time, only to leave again.
Round 12 was run by DarkCloud
as was the beginning of Round 13, which DC seceeded to Civman when civman returned; however, civman never regained it;
and johnmcleod attempted to restart the contest in november; starting anew with Contest #1; however, he disappeared.
Then DC was forced to restart Round 13 again.

Round 13 seems quite cursed...

(apologies for the blanks, I had no time to do any research; I merely wanted to speak of the curse of #13 )
Old December 10, 2002, 02:29   #6
steamthunk
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:02
Recombine all the segments? Well I will if people insist, but I'd hate to just make a post for no new content. Could I just make a post that has links to all the others? Is it something to do with the voting mechanism? Sorry for all the questions.
Old December 10, 2002, 03:27   #7
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I reckon the links would do nicely steamthunk.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old December 10, 2002, 18:04   #8
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

So, when is voting starting, exactly?
Old December 10, 2002, 18:04   #9
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Whoa, crazy - that was the first time I've ever heard a British guy say 'reckon.'
Old December 10, 2002, 23:23   #10
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
Could I just make a post that has links to all the others?
That would be best

...No the only reason taht I suggested it was so taht I wouldn't have to tell people to go to 5 different link addresses to view the entire story since it's being counted as one contiguous story instead of 5 different tales.

LORD ZALZABAD- I can start the 1st round voitings as soon as I have 2 more seconded nominations; as per civman's previous rules.
Old December 11, 2002, 03:02   #11
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Darkcloud why not just run with four as John was going to I think most of us were happy with that.

Just in case you dont look at the vote thread I answered your question. Amy's Story by Bella Hella, without doing any research and you will find more if you look.
Old December 11, 2002, 19:18   #12
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

I was sure with the delay in this contest there were far more complete stories out there, so I will nominate

Wild West Story by SKILORD

The Final War by Lycurgus

plus there is two by unscratchedfoot but I wont nominate them unles he says its okay.

So you now have one too many finished stories and at least two more by scratch, there may be others but I havent had time to look.

There are at present several other stories approaching completion so if you dont mind me saying youd better get your skates on.
Old December 11, 2002, 22:39   #13
DarkCloud
staff

Okay, now they need to be seconded. I'll do that after I read them- but that could take a few days... I read slow

Hopefully I can start the semifinals soon!
Old December 11, 2002, 23:40   #14
steamthunk
Chieftain

Okay, I've finally recompiled an index to my stories. What about Unscratched Foot's The Devil of Nkwalini story?
Old December 14, 2002, 20:59   #15
DarkCloud
staff

Thank you steamthunk! That's great!

-
Okay I'll add the Devil to the nominations list!

All we need now are 2 to be seconded...
Sadly, I was unable to access a computer for the last 2 days- so no reading- and for the next 5 dyas, with the Apolyton hall of fame

Threads: 70938,70939, etc.

I'm too busy...

Oh well, I'll get around to it eventually! !