Old December 4, 2002, 09:34   #1
The Pioneer
Prince

Local Time: 13:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Gamecube in Europe!
Hi all,

a few months ago on these forums there were many discussions on GC and all the other consoles, which I dilligently read. Besides that I read all reviews and looked at the prices and the situation. Well, I bought the GC, hoping that in there will be great games coming out! The other console I was contemplating about was the XBox which at that time had less games than GC here in Germany.

After all these months I can honestly say that I made the wrong decision. I've tried lots of the newer games "Timesplitters 2", "Eternal Darkness", "RE", etc. but other than Mario itself there is nothing out there that I really like. I hope to get MoH wwhen it comes out sometime in the future. That's the other problem, I've noticed that GC has a very limited choice of games here. Some games take months before they are published here some games never do. On the other side I see that the XBox is publishing lots of games and their graphics look very very enticing! Now I am not sure about their quality since I haven't played on the console yet! So I am wondering what your experience is with these two machines? Did any of you buy the GC and are you still satisfied with it? I am interested to hear what the European posters have to say since most Americans and Canadians have a wider choice of games .

How about the XBox are you guys satisfied, would you recommend it? I am thinking of getting a new DVD player sometime next year and I might consider the XBox as a choice if it plays all the different formats that I want to.

So long...
Old December 4, 2002, 12:34   #2
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 06:03
I don't live in Europe but what the hell.

I've got an Xbox and Gamecube now, and the console that gets the most play is the Xbox.

I only have the Gamecube around for exclusives like Metroid Prime, Mario (which I found disappointing but still a good game), Super Smash Brothers, etc.
Old December 4, 2002, 12:35   #3
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 07:03
Re: Gamecube in Europe!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Pioneer
I've tried lots of the newer games "Timesplitters 2", "Eternal Darkness", "RE", etc. but other than Mario itself there is nothing out there that I really like.
What type of game do you like and I'll see if I can recommend something for you?

If you feel that you can understand english well enough, why not try having some games shipped to you from the US if it would not be too expensive.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old December 4, 2002, 13:26   #4
Nostromo
Emperor

Local Time: 08:03
Or you could order games from the U.K. I lived in France for a while. Since they didn't have Europa Universalis in France at the time, I ordered it from Amazon UK.
Old December 4, 2002, 14:11   #5
The Pioneer
Prince

Local Time: 13:03
@Asher

That's what I thought. My main reason for buying the GC was Mario and Rare. I liked the Mario game on the GC, Rare is now making games for the XBox. Now I will try Metroid when it comes out here but I do not see light at the end of the tunnel at the moment for some reason.

@Dino

Yes, I feel that my english is good. In my American Literature classes I used to be a lot better than my american classmates, although I am not a native speaker . As for what games I like, that's a hard one to answer. I like´games like Civ the most but then Mario, Hitman, Doom, RRT, MoH, RPGs, Sports, etc. For example I tried NFS HP2 a couple weeks ago and I liked it somewhat (not enough to merit a purchase though). I am not so particular when it comes to the genre. I know that I can get my games from other countries and I do buy internationally over the net or when I travel. I get the feeling though that GC is not supported (or pushed) by Nintendo Germany as the other consoles. I feel that they just ride along . For example "Saturn", which is the biggest electronics retailer in Europe has GC kind of "...somewhere in the corner..." where as XBos and PS games are seen from far away. Then there is the sheer number of titles for PS2 but also for the XBox.

@Nostromo

I know, I am planning to buy a coupple games during Christmas while in the US! Mainly because of the language of course (I hate any kind of localization) but also because of availability.

So long...
Old December 4, 2002, 17:31   #6
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 06:03
I rented a GC, I was liked it, the game I rented were SMBMelee, THPS3, and Amanil corssing (the dumbest game I ever played, but it came with a memory card.)