Old June 21, 2000, 18:39   #1
vee4473
King

Local Time: 20:44
Local Date: October 30, 2010
AC an everyday thing?
I was wondering if you guys out there play AC on a daily basis or is it just a weekend thing?

Or do you have to be in a mood for it, or what...

Do any of you love the game so much that you find yourself at work thinking about your next moves on a game your playing? Do any of you say to yourself "I can't wait to get home so I can play"?

I personally have to be in the mood for the game, and that mood comes and goes, but when I AM in the mood, it is something that I look forward to immensely.

Your thoughts please...
Old June 21, 2000, 19:23   #2
Teeks
Settler

Local Time: 01:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well, I play everyday, normally, but when I do play depends on the time of day. I like to play around 6 or 7 in the evening, and play till I finish, since I play Iron Man and can't save and exit. Now, if it's too late when I finish, I usually don't feel like starting a new game, simply because all that my clouded brain can think of is 'sleep'.

------------------
--Teeks
Old June 21, 2000, 23:36   #3
CEO Monkfish
Settler

Local Time: 11:44
Sometimes you need to be in the mood, or there are times when it can take over a sizeable amount of your time.

And when it gets like that, yes, sometimes i can find myself at work thinking about my next move - yes, i'm at work now. Bugger

So be careful - thankfully I am JUST able to pull myself away from it long enough to have some sort of sociable existance.

ie. not having to press "comlink" to talk to someone :P

[This message has been edited by CEO Monkfish (edited June 21, 2000).]
Old June 22, 2000, 07:57   #4
Kinjiru
lifer
The Courts of Candle'BreCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueMacSpore
King

Local Time: 20:44
It comes in waves. Sometimes I will play everyday, sometimes once every 3 or 4 days. But I think about the game everyday. I have never really thought about my next moves, but I am always thinking of strategies, how to create greater turn advantage, how to create better feints and misdirection in MP...
Old June 22, 2000, 11:12   #5
waynehead
Prince

If I have time, I play everyday.
Old June 22, 2000, 16:47   #6
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

I play in batches. I'm in an 'off' mood at the moment, but often I'll play for 5 or more hours at a go, daily.
Old June 22, 2000, 17:10   #7
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

Local Time: 21:44
I got SMAC when it first came out, then played it to death within about a month or so. Then followed a period of about two months' pottering about with it, and finally about a year later I wasn't playing it much at all, though I still came back to this forum to read and chat a lot during this time.

Finally, with the publication of Vel's Strat Guide, I decided to go back and attempt to play SMAX Hive vs all new factions and try to beat Transcend on Iron Man. I'm still playing this game, and it's really quite absorbing. I usually boot it up every time I'm on the computer, but recently I've taken time off to do other things, like email, compose webpage, learn programming

I always load up and play for ages at a time. But I don't frequently think of it when I'm not playing - I'm not yet advanced enough to think up great tactics so there's no point in trying to visualize it when I'm not playing the game.

------------------
"In all creation, there can be no task more onerous or tedious than that of playing God." - Stephen Fry, 'The Liar'.

Homepage http://www.enixine.dabsol.co.uk (Shared)
Old June 22, 2000, 17:19   #8
Neptunus
Warlord

SMAC OD (or, don't follow that path...)

When I got CivII three years ago I put my marriage in danger! After some time I discovered Apolyton and spent almost two hours at work (after 17:00 of course) "studying" strategies and reading the posts at forums. Then, there was those months of torture waiting for (and reading about) CtP. When CtP reached the market I bought it and together with that, SMAC (which strangely I didn't know because I was so preoccupied with CtP that I payed no attention to news about SMAC at Apolyton). I played CtP once and I hated it immediately. But SMAC was a completely different story. I still spend 3-4 hours almost every day playing SMAC (and SMAX two months ago). Especially on Fridays, playing sessions start at 21:00 and finish at 05:00 Saturday morning. The same "pattern" applies also for most Saturdays as well. Some days (when the game is challenging) I play until 04:00-05:00 even on work days... Now, my 3-years-old son is the first child in Greece whose first English word he learned is : "Civilization" !!!
What ? If I'm thinking about SMAC at work ? See if you can guess the answer...

Now that I'm at last "connected" I've taken some of my time from playing, to do what I'm doing right now (and what YOU're doing also right now). Share (a fraction of) the fun with other SMACers...
Old June 23, 2000, 04:14   #9
Helium Pond
Prince

I play every day, but usually only to take my PBEM turns. A game takes me so long that I couldn't finish a game a day.