Old December 6, 2002, 07:22   #1
zulu9812
King

Local Time: 12:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Before, installing what should I back up?
I have modded my civ3 for pretty much everything: techs, tech tree, civ3mod.bic, terrain folder, new units, advisors (i.e. domestic to science), leaderheads nad the pediacons + civilopedia text files. Which files and folders should I back up before installing PTW?
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Last edited by zulu9812; December 6, 2002 at 07:43.
Old December 6, 2002, 07:54   #2
Lucilla
Mac
Princess

Local Time: 13:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I noticed that even after installing PTW, I get my changed terrain graphics and the little smileys in the city screen that show the citizen's mood, so those files don't get overwritten.

Concerning the bic: PTW uses a bix file instead, so that is used when you play PTW, if you play plain Civ3, it should be using the old bic file instead. Whether it gets overwritten during install, I don't know.

However, when you play a scenario in PTW, it chooses whatever graphics are included in the scenario. For things, that aren't included, it defaults to the Civ3 graphics.

PTW save games are in a different folder, so nothing gets overwritten there. Not sure however, whether you could play civ3 saves games with PTW, but you can always start civ3 to finish your previous games.