View Poll Results: Who shall be the second Judge of the first term?
mapfi 7 38.89%
H Tower 5 27.78%
redbull 5 27.78%
Abstain 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 6, 2002, 08:24   #1
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ELECTION: Term 1 Judge (2 month term)
This poll is to elect the second Judge of the first term. This Judge will serve as a regular Judge, with the responsibilities that are outlined here (note that our Constitution is not final yet, so minor changes might occur), except that he will serve for 2 (two) rather than 3 (three) months.

This poll will be open for 5 days, until Wednesday 2002-12-11 ~12:15 GMT. The candidates for this position are mapfi, H Tower and redbull.
Old December 6, 2002, 10:05   #2
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 13:11
I hope this will change, but this one might get a hard one
Old December 6, 2002, 14:00   #3
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 07:11
this is going to be a close election

A copy of my campaign speech from the Senior Justice election thread.
[quote]
As a judge I promise that I will perform the duties of my position to the utmost best of my abilities. As I'm sure many of you have noticed, I'm at Apolyton at all times of the day, everyday, so I can respond quickly to any requests made by the citizens of our great nation. I've also participated in the civ2 democracy game since May of this year, and I have observed what would be neccesary of judge and have even lamented on the absence of having a judge in the civ2 game.

I believe that the Court of Lemuria will need to take an active role during early game play to help iron out any bugs that are discovered in the constitution, much like the early Supreme Court of the United States did. And that's my I think I would make an excellent choice for the court, because I, along with many others, helped draft and shape the constitution we have today, so I am already intimately familar with it, which I consider being a key part of being in the court.
[/quote
Old December 6, 2002, 15:01   #4
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 00:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Unlike my fellow opponent, I will take the time to deliver a different speech for a completly different position.

I have unofficially followed courts in other Apolyton DGs, and aswell as having studied Accounting at University, I have a grasp of what the law means. I am on Apolyton at times when people are very rarely on (Nighttime in Europe). This postition in New Zealand gives me a neutral status, as I cannot be bias towards any of my fellow countrymen as they are not citizens of Lemuria.

From Hawaii to Oz, you can really vote Red!
Old December 6, 2002, 15:20   #5
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 07:11
Quote:
Originally posted by redbull
This postition in New Zealand gives me a neutral status, as I cannot be bias towards any of my fellow countrymen as they are not citizens of Lemuria.

From Hawaii to Oz, you can really vote Red!

What? your accusing me of going to show bias against citizens based upon what their location field says? that will NOT happen, I promise that I'll follow the law, with a blind eye to who I am judging, and will make a decision based soley on the facts.

Nor will I resort to mud slinging in an election, unlike some of my fellow candidates
Old December 6, 2002, 15:43   #6
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 00:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I was not mud-slinging in anyway. I was merely saying that some candidates may choose to vote in favour of people from their countries. However, as no other NZers are Lemurians, I cannot be bias towards them.

Also, in what part did I mention you?
Old December 7, 2002, 07:32   #7
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 12:11
Hey this is hotting up!!!!!

Now, to not disapoint, i think you should both 'leek' info and pictures of your most sordid and ugly relationships with members of your cabinet. This is an accepted right of passage and i'll vote for the candidate with the best(or worst depending on your perspective!) portfolio
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old December 7, 2002, 13:43   #8
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 13:11
Sorry, no ugly pictures that I can provide, at least not with me on them...
As I posted in the thread for the Senior Judge election - I'm more than happy to give that position to H Tower and therefore only really run for this one.
Old December 9, 2002, 06:34   #9
Devil of Truth
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Hey ! Play nice ! We’re all friends here.
Old December 11, 2002, 18:29   #10
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Congratulations mapfi, you're now an official Lemuria Supreme Court Judge