View Poll Results: Who shall be the Senior Justice of the first term?
mapfi 3 16.67%
H Tower 10 55.56%
redbull 4 22.22%
Abstain 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 6, 2002, 08:29   #1
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ELECTION: Term 1 Senior Justice (1 month term)
This poll is to elect the Senior Justice of the first term. This Judge is sort of a 'chairman' of the Court, with the responsibilities that are outlined here (note that our Constitution is not final yet, so minor changes might occur), except that he will serve for 1 (one) rather than 3 (three) months. After one month, this position will become a regular Judge position (as described in the aforementioned link) and will be open for election again.

This poll will be open for 5 days, until Wednesday 2002-12-11 ~12:15 GMT. The candidates for this position are mapfi, H Tower and redbull.
Old December 6, 2002, 09:14   #2
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 13:11
Locutus, I thought you wanted to run as well??????

what happened??????
Old December 6, 2002, 09:24   #3
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

When did I ever say that? I said I didn't mind being a judge many weeks ago but this game will take many, many months - why would I run in the first month?
Old December 6, 2002, 09:32   #4
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

So you could say: I've been the first one to step on the CTP2 DG

I sounded like you wanted to be, it also would have made sense to me..........
Old December 6, 2002, 10:08   #5
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

If I understood H Tower correctly he'd prefer the one-month term as senior judge, so I am more than happy with the 2 month term, if you people want me as judge.
As for campaigning...
As a judge it'll simply be my duty to obide the constitution and if you read some of my post you'll see that I'm liberal in the sense that I'd rather let people do what they're doing instead of putting obstructions in the course of the game...
Old December 6, 2002, 10:17   #6
Gilgamensch
King

Sounds good, same as every politician
Old December 6, 2002, 10:25   #7
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

besides giving you an idea about my intentions there's nothing else that could be said in an election for such a position - and no, a judge is not a politician!! (at least in truly democratic states...)
Old December 6, 2002, 10:34   #8
Gilgamensch
King

But it sounded like the usual blablabla of a politician
So we have to be carefull with you, you are more a pol. than a judge
Old December 6, 2002, 13:37   #9
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 07:11
As a judge I promise that I will perform the duties of my position to the utmost best of my abilities. As I'm sure many of you have noticed, I'm at Apolyton at all times of the day, everyday, so I can respond quickly to any requests made by the citizens of our great nation. I've also participated in the civ2 democracy game since May of this year, and I have observed what would be neccesary of judge and have even lamented on the absence of having a judge in the civ2 game.

I believe that the Court of Lemuria will need to take an active role during early game play to help iron out any bugs that are discovered in the constitution, much like the early Supreme Court of the United States did. And that's my I think I would make an excellent choice for the court, because I, along with many others, helped draft and shape the constitution we have today, so I am already intimately familar with it, which I consider being a key part of being in the court, and even more important when the position is that of being the first Senior Justice. I hope that the people of Lemuria will support me and allow me the great honor of being their first Senior Justice of the Court.
Old December 6, 2002, 14:25   #10
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

What happens if someone wins more than one poll?

Old December 6, 2002, 14:39   #11
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

then the winner gets to pick which position he wants
Old December 6, 2002, 14:55   #12
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 00:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
As your Senior Justice, I promise a fair election. As I have not been on Poly for long enough to establish any real "Alliances", I am thoroughly neutral. Also, in running the Apolymuria Café, I have learned a lot about people's personalities in that time.

I will not adopt any system from any country, as all have had their flaws. However, with the help of unofficially following other Democracy Game courts, I have always liked the idea, and like the ideas behind them.

From Hawaii to Oz, you can really vote Bull
Old December 6, 2002, 15:25   #13
H Tower

In response to Redbull's claim of not having alliances with any of the other members here, I can say that up until this last month, I have known very few of the CtPers, so I also have not formed "alliances." I would like to get to know everyone here better, however I will not allow any friendship formed to influence my opinions in a case if the people choose me to serve.
Old December 6, 2002, 20:29   #14
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Redbull and H Tower are both my *****es.
Puppets to act on every twitch of my fingers

-IW
everyone's ally

Last edited by Immortal Wombat; December 7, 2002 at 14:39.
Old December 7, 2002, 00:28   #15
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
Redbull and H Tower are both my *****es.
in my first act as a judge, if selected, i would censor someone for breaking site rules...

EDIT: Since IW edited his post, i really shouldn't be quoting the bad word anymore for all to see

Last edited by H Tower; December 9, 2002 at 12:42.
Old December 7, 2002, 06:16   #16
Locutus
Deity

IW,
The owners of this site regard working around the site's censor a pretty serious offense, so as much as I as SLICer respect workarounds (), I must give you an official warning there
I wouldn't mind to see a dirty election campagin (), but let's not loose sight of the site's rules...
Old December 7, 2002, 07:00   #17
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 12:11
But look at the time he posted.....It was a friday night after all - mitigating circumstances?

And i bet when he reads the thread today he'll regret that bit of content in his post. Beer + girls have driven many a man to distraction
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old December 7, 2002, 14:40   #18
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Old December 9, 2002, 06:30   #19
Devil of Truth
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

I’d like to change my vote to IW! The only man with b*lls to speak his mind ! Even though he’s not on the list – change my vote NOW!

(This message sponsored by the "Save The Wombat Foundation".)
Old December 9, 2002, 12:41   #20
H Tower

its sad that almost half of our citizenry has failed to vote as of right now. There are 14 of us out there that can still cast a vote!
Old December 9, 2002, 14:42   #21
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

see DoT as well. Dance, puppets!
Old December 10, 2002, 23:30   #22
H Tower

just a little over 9 hours to go, If you haven't voted already, what are you waiting for?
Old December 11, 2002, 18:32   #23
Locutus
Deity

Congratulations H Tower, you're now the official Lemuria Supreme Court Senior Justice