Old December 6, 2002, 22:50   #1
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 23:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
*sigh*....where have all the settlers gone?
I hate this. I've loved what I've seen of CtP2 so far, but first, with the naming problems, and now...if I start a new game, all I can build is a hoplite.

I don't seem to be able to build any settlers...wtf?
Old December 7, 2002, 07:02   #2
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:13
Did you start a new game or try to reload an old savegame with the new file?

The latter isn't going to work, you'll have to start a new game to be able to use the new names file. If you want to continue to play with your old savegames, you'll have to temporarily put the old civ names file back (or, more conveniently, make the new file a seperate modswapper option )
Old December 7, 2002, 19:49   #3
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

No, I was starting a new game.
Old December 8, 2002, 05:25   #4
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 12:13
hmmm?.....have you tried to start a new game(again)?
See if the samething happens. It might have just been a random thing - like butterflys causing hurricanes a continent away
Let us know if you still get this problem even if you restart many times. In which case it may be something to do with that extra file that adds all the female names
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old December 9, 2002, 05:44   #5
Darkness' Edge
Prince

This is really weird. I just ran a heap of tests on it, to see what would happen.

In the standard game, it works fine. No problems at all as any Civ.

But in the Earth scenario, which I prefer to play, I had one case where a settler and a hoplite were options (Canada I think), one case where only a Coracle was an option (Sweden I think), and the rest where only a Hoplite was an option.

Also, for the record, I wasn't using the file that was posted. I'd already done exactly the same thing myself (and I did check the posted file to make sure).
Old December 9, 2002, 05:50   #6
Devil of Truth
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

This may be a really dumb question, but are you using a mod, or the default game? If you’re not using any mods, post your Units.txt file (..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\) here. I doubt it, but maybe something’s wrong in there.
Old December 9, 2002, 05:53   #7
Devil of Truth
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Cross post. Sorry.
Old December 9, 2002, 07:29   #8
child of Thor
Emperor

I must admit I've never tried any of the scenarios(in two years of playing ). I had enough probs just getting all the Mods to work ok
Maybe this is just one of CTP2's hidden 'features'
Seems a bit odd though.
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Old December 9, 2002, 10:43   #9
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
But in the Earth scenario, which I prefer to play, I had one case where a settler and a hoplite were options (Canada I think), one case where only a Coracle was an option (Sweden I think), and the rest where only a Hoplite was an option.
Well this is your problem, technically a scenario is a save game. So if the scenario is not made for the mod you use then you have to expect some problems. Actually only the slic files are reloaded if you start a scenario but not the text files.

-Martin

Last edited by Martin Gühmann; December 9, 2002 at 14:31.
Old December 9, 2002, 13:02   #10
child of Thor
Emperor

Martin,
So what your saying is if you want to play any of the scenario's you should only play using unmodded CTP2?
Thanks, that has probably saved me a few troubles for the future

Old December 9, 2002, 14:29   #11
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by child of Thor
So what your saying is if you want to play any of the scenario's you should only play using unmodded CTP2?
As long nothing else is stated in the readme that the scenario or a map (actual a map is just a scenario that only has a premade map) then the scenario is made by using the origiginal game and for the original game.

As far as I know the only mods that can be used with the scenarios for the default games are CityMod2, actual I tested this with Citymod by continuing an old savegame, the only effect was that the city graphics were updated when the city got another pop. Actual you could rip off all the slic files from GoodMod and integrate them into your scenario setup and also the AI files from GoodMod shouldn't cause any problems. As long you don't add any new techs, buildings wonders or tileimprovements you should be able to continue a presaved game.

-Martin
Old December 9, 2002, 14:53   #12
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 05:13
I suppose it couldn't hurt to try to reload the slic. I'm not sure if this would actually help but it might be worth a try.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old December 16, 2002, 05:47   #13
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Ah. Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll just have to stick to the standard game then.