Old December 7, 2002, 19:44   #1
Craftmason
Settler

Local Time: 12:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Italian version of PTW: WHAT A SHAME!!!
Guys, don't buy PTW if you have a non-italian version of Civilization 3!!! Infogrames Italia has made an ugly job in testing the game, and playing is simply impossible! Filse not found make the game crash everywhere, ever and ever... i have manually corrected some errors, but all the units and .ini files seem missings! So... BEWARE!!!!

P.S. Sorry for my poor english

an ex (maybe) italian civ-fanatic player... sigh!
Old December 7, 2002, 23:32   #2
Coracle
Prince

Local Time: 07:16
Re: Italian version of PTW: WHAT A SHAME!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Craftmason
Guys, don't buy PTW if you have a non-italian version of Civilization 3!!! Infogrames Italia has made an ugly job in testing the game. . .
Are you so naive as to think that problem is unique to Italy?? It took four patches just to get Civ 3 working.
Old December 8, 2002, 00:29   #3
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

If you're not going to try to help Coracle at least don't insult the people asking. I'm guessing you've got a English copy of Civilization 3 and an Italion copy of Play the World? Was there not an Italian release of Civilization 3, or had you just imported it? If there wasn't then its a serious problem, if there was then you can't exactly blame them for not making versions with two different languages work together right. If you're fluent enough in English you could return your Play the World copy and order an English one, or if there was/is an Italian Civilization 3 get that, but either way it looks like you'll probably have to spend a little extra.
Old December 8, 2002, 01:46   #4
Craftmason
Settler

Local Time: 12:16
Thanks for your answers!=)
WELL, on the italian box of the game is CLEARLY writed that the italian version of PTW is fully compatoble with the englisj version of Civilization 3 (maybe you can't read italian, but if you can an image of the cover box is visible at this link: http://www.ludostore.it/ludostore/PR...&r=1&img=04595
Infogrames Italia simply hasn't tested ours version of PTW enough to find this astounding incompatibility BUG (the problem generate the first time you start a game...)

Here in Italy, Civ3 ITA was out six months AFTER the english version... SIX!!!!!!! And the last patch was the 1.21F...AAAAAAARGH! Well, i've played civ game since the time of the first on the Amiga 500... six months was a too long pause for a civ-fanatic like me!

Ptw come only in Italian version 2with this exceptional compatibility option" (...)!

Sigh...
Old December 8, 2002, 01:53   #5
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Ah, well then that is quite a problem then. Guess only thing you can do is e-mail them about it, or return the PtW you have and order the English version online.
Old December 8, 2002, 05:38   #6
Switch
Prince

Re: Re: Italian version of PTW: WHAT A SHAME!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Coracle
Are you so naive as to think that problem is unique to Italy?? It took four patches just to get Civ 3 working.
Well, I have English PtW and it CERTAINLY doent' have any problems near that. And the ones it did have already been fixed by Firaxis.

And Civ3 did WORK from the beginnning.....just not well. It it only really took 3 patches to get it right...the fourth was polish/scenario editor.

Seriously Coracle, try to get some creative insults now and then....or better yet, stop hanging around the PtW forum if you never plan on getting it. All your doing is being a rusty bolt on a well running machine......a broken diode on a computer......just causing problems that nobody wants or needs.

Sorry, just had to get that off my back. CArry on, and ignore this threadjack.
Old December 8, 2002, 18:26   #7
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 13:16
I bought CIV3 in Italy but it was the english version_ I didn't even know PTW was released
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom