Old December 8, 2002, 02:54   #1
miserable09
Settler

Local Time: 07:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
improve AI???
Sorry guys, but, I just can't find anything on this site... It's like information overload...

All i want to do is download a patch or something that makes the AI a little smarter... Is there anything like that?

Any help is appreciated...

thanks!

-j
Old December 8, 2002, 05:21   #2
primemover
Chieftain

Local Time: 06:17
As the matter of fact... there is. You have a few options (based on if you just want a better AI or a whole slew of new things).

Go to the CTP2 entrance page, (or from here) go to the files page.
(http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?cat=9&t=sub_pages).

Now if you just want a better AI, scroll down until you find the "AI Diplomacy Mod - Final" by Dale. Download the zip and unzip to your Call to Power 2 directory.

It does not say that you need the Modswapper program to run the new AI... but I think that you might (Dale? or anyone... can you answer this?). You can download the Modswapper zip file from here. Then unzip it and run the setup program.

If you want something more interesting... check out (at least read about) the Cradle of Civilization Mod on the same "files" page. This makes use of a modified (even more aggressive) version of the AI Diplomacy mod. It also adds many other things to the CTP2 experience that make it worth while.
Old December 8, 2002, 05:24   #3
primemover
Chieftain

PS:
If you decide to get the cradle of civ mod, you most definately will need the modswapper program. You can download it by clicking here.
Old December 8, 2002, 08:32   #4
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 09:17
Prime, the best patch for the AI is the Super Apolyton Pack by Dale as you can see in the slogan "Play CtP2 the way it was meant to be!"
It is said to be the CTP2 ultimate patch and it includes the Diplomod you mantioned and other stuff.

miserable09, the forum can be a bit unorganized but we always make a summary and explanation of what we do here in the thread at the top of the forum called Links to important mods & scenarios (2nd edition)

So have fun with the mods
-Jean Rostand
Old December 8, 2002, 08:35   #5
primemover
Chieftain

Thanks for the tip Pedrunn... I have played the original Apolyton pack, but not the "Super" one.

- from Prime Mover by Rush
Old December 8, 2002, 11:43   #6
miserable09
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedrunn

miserable09, the forum can be a bit unorganized but we always make a summary and explanation of what we do here in the thread at the top of the forum called Links to important mods & scenarios (2nd edition)

So have fun with the mods
Thanks so much for all the help! One more question, do the cradle and medieval mods end after the time periods they are named for, or they go all the way into the future?
Old December 8, 2002, 12:04   #7
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 13:17
Cradle is longer than the original game i think (in turns) but this spans only through the ancient period if i am correct (alot more in depth)

Medieval mod my favourite (sorry Hex & Dale :P) spans the normal amount of time 4000BC to 2500AD i think it is, except it has a TON more features units the lot
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old December 8, 2002, 12:55   #8
miserable09
Settler

settler problem with mod...
Ok, so i installed the apolyton mod pack, now my settlers move all crazy on their own. Any way to stop this?
Old December 8, 2002, 13:06   #9
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 13:17
Check this thread. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=65313
Old December 9, 2002, 10:02   #10
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 09:17
Quote:
Cradle is longer than the original game i think (in turns) but this spans only through the ancient period if i am correct (alot more in depth)
The Craddle game has the option to play only until classical age, other option to play until renassaince ages, other option to play until modern age, and a another option to play the game until the end (gaia project). But the mod changes are only in the preriod from ancient age until renassaince (this period trully is much longer therefore the game is longer). After that (almost) everything is the same to the original game.
-Jean Rostand