Old July 1, 2000, 22:54   #1
vee4473
King

Local Time: 20:45
Local Date: October 30, 2010
terran.exe crash!!!!
Has anyone experienced a crash that happens mid-game, and the comp send a message that says "blah has performed an illegal function and will be shut down"?

I have all the patches and the game still crashes !!!!!

always right in the middle of a game...i swear it makes me hate the ****in' game...

i have uninstalled and re-installed the game..gotten all the patches...it still happens and i hate it..

actually to tell you the ttruth, i have yet to actually finish a game because in EVERY game i have played i get the error message "terran.exe performed an illegal function" and i have to start a new game and hope it doesn't happen again..

but it always happens!!! right when the game gets to the point of being complex and at the middle stage..

**** AC

Old July 2, 2000, 01:38   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 18:45
Local Date: October 30, 2010
V:

Try several things (numerous threads in the past 15 months on this subject:

disable your wheelmouse, if you use one;

uninstall Norton or McAfee virus scan and nuts and bolts typr of background-running software;

close down everything but explorer (ctl/alt/del/ and then shut down everything that's there

These are the three proffered solutions that seem to have worked for most people (mine was solved by uninstalling Norton's Nuts & Bolts)

I still get the odd stall on a unit click (e.g. a crawler that I'm giving the nutrient/energy etc order to, but at least it let's me hit the x and get out of that warning screen then I can order the unit from the action menu instead of the right click)

If none of these work then switch to Homeworld

Googlie