Old December 11, 2002, 23:35   #1
steamthunk
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Collected Index to America Series
By popular demand and/or demand of the lazy, here is the guide to my "America" series in order of appearance. Don't read the small summary texts if you want to read all the episodes without any spoilers; otherwise I apologize for ruining your eyesight in advance.

America: In Peril
The American President's daughter is called upon by the German Chancellor to help convince the President to honour a mutual protection pact.

America: Balance of Power
Deutschland is under attack from the Iroquois Confederacy of Six Nations. Anna Roosevelt Mölders, daughter of the American President now living in Deutschland, must travel back to Washington on a mission for the German Chancellor. She is to deliver the message that unless isolationist America complies with its mutual protection treaty with Deutschland the American President will be disposed and the nation occupied by German forces.

America: One Fateful Day
Anna Roosevelt Mölders has unsuccessfully tried to convince her father, the President of America, to declare war on the Iroquois Confederacy of Six Nations in support of Deutschland. As news of the President's refusal to honour the mutual protection pact reaches Deutschland, Chancellor Bismarck authorizes a mysterious plan against the Iroquois Confederacy and America which is further twisted by Ambassador Heinrich von Klein in his coveting of Anna.

America: Defiance
While returning from a meeting with her father the President of America, Anna Roosevelt Mölders' was kidnapped by German mercenaries mysteriously pretending to be Iroquois. Ironically, the mercenaries were then assaulted by a small group of Iroquois rangers who had been secretly observing the Germans for days. Believing Anna slain by Iroquois and under pressure from the Deutschland government, the President declares war on the Iroquois Confederacy of Six Nations ending over five millenia of peace. Meanwhile, Anna, lost in the American plains, has offered to hire the Iroquois rangers to guide her home.

America: Revelations
Anna Mölders, the daughter of the American President survives a kidnapping attempt, but is believed dead by the world at large owing to German propaganda aimed at enticing America into war. Meanwhile, she and her Iroquois rescuer turned lover, Deganawida, have taken shelter in Iroquois occupied Miami to piece together the mystery. Nearby, Anna's husband and commander of the German 2nd Army, Frederick Mölders approaches Miami in an effort to take the city back from the Iroquois - only not for Deutschland as planned.

My interpretation of final scene in America:Revelations

Last edited by steamthunk; December 15, 2002 at 02:44.
Old December 12, 2002, 01:53   #2
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 06:28
Once again, I must say, great jod you've done on the series, steamthunk. It's nice to be able to access all of the stories form one place, too, and the little summaries are a nice touch.

Though if you could change the font of the summaries to something darker, I would really appreciate it. The light font (and small one, too) on grey background is kind of hard to read.
Spore page
Old December 12, 2002, 03:15   #3
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 13:28
What vovan says and many thanks for writing these excellent stories once again a most entertaining and exciting read.

She sounds quite a doll this Ann Molders any chance you could fix us up.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old December 12, 2002, 23:30   #4
steamthunk
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:28
Thanks for the comments. I had fun writing it and hope it lives on here for a long time.

Vovansim: I had intentionally made the font difficult to read in case people who haven't read it didn't want to have the plot revealed by the summaries. I switched it to green though so its easier to read.

Chrisius: Hmmmm...okay....I'll see if she has some time this weekend.
Old December 13, 2002, 20:59   #5
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 06:28
Ah, I see your point in making the text hard to read now, steamthunk. Maybe you could do something like:

Link goes here
Highlight the space below to see the summary of the story.
The summary of the story goes here.

The color of the dark background for posts is #d9d9d9. Use the <FONT color=#d9d9d9> tag to hide your story summary.
Spore page
Old December 15, 2002, 23:06   #6
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 12:28
Great summaries and links table!
Old February 6, 2004, 22:26   #7
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 13:28
Cant believe its so long ago that we all enjoyed reading this excellent series, if your new here you must read these stories. Click the links in the first post to go to the different episodes

Enjoy, and if your a lurker then for pities sake register and post your comments

BIG BUMP
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.