Old August 18, 2000, 13:05   #1
stuntman19
Prince

Local Time: 01:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
?'s about multiplaying
I have a few questions about the multiplaying if anyone could answer that would be great.

1) Is the 1 turn a day somewhat the acceptable pace of PBEM games, or more so decided by the individual players involved?
2) Is this settler, cheiftain, warlord, prince and so forth a rank acheived by game victories? or time on apolyton? or maybe both?
3) If it is a rank do all games count or only tournament or somewhat sanctioned games by apolyton count?

Thanx for any responses, I'm just trying to show courtesy and only get into games that I can play at the proper pace and also be somewhat competitive while gaining some MP experience without tweaking people because I'm not meeting a somewhat understood standard of expectations. Although if it is a rank most experienced players will prolly not enter games with lower ranked players.

Later
Old August 18, 2000, 14:03   #2
drewski
Chieftain

If I understand your question correctly, the "rank" you speak of is based on the number of posts you make in the forums.
quote:

from FAQ section off of main page:
Each poster has a status shown under his username. That is depended by his post count,
like this:
Settler 1-30
Chieftain 31-100
Warlord 101-300
Prince 301-1000
King 1001-3000
Emperor 3001-10000
Deity 10001+

I'm not aware of any other rank, but if there is one, then I don't know the criteria.

Edit: I used "\" instead of "/" in my quote tag. Oops.
[This message has been edited by drewski (edited August 18, 2000).]
Old August 18, 2000, 14:11   #3
Helium Pond
Prince

I've only been playing PBEM for a little while, now, but my impression is that people should try to get to their turns as quickly as they can. With a two-player game, doing a turn a day seems like the norm. With three or more, it can take longer. But in general, I think the etiquette is to not let more than a day pass before sending your turn on. So in seven-player games, that can mean a turn a week. Just my limited experience speaking.
Old August 18, 2000, 14:30   #4
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:47
The time between turns depends on the number of players in the game. You should play your turns as soon as you get them (if you have time to play them), and you should check your mail for new turns at least once every 24 hours. Some players are faster than others; I am in games where some players take more than 24 hours to play their turns.

But it is also possible that you get some fast players and can play more than one turn per day. I have only achieved that in games with two or three players; I doubt that it would be possible with more players.
Old August 18, 2000, 19:02   #5
Adam_Smith
Prince

I've played up to ten turns for the same game in a day I think. Normal for 2 player games is 2-3 I think. If people have time, and are dedicated to the game then you can average 4-5 I think. 7 player games never finnish. 3-4 player games have potential. Those might go 1 turn per day.
Old August 19, 2000, 08:04   #6
stuntman19
Prince

Thanx for the answers to my questions.