Old December 15, 2002, 10:49   #1
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 12:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Amendment: DPO
i am right now DPO and i have seen some drawback in this post....to put it simple.....it have to less of a power....so i want to add:
Quote:
DPO has same veto as DIA over building orders when military emergeny is at hand
and

Quote:
conquered bases will be under martial law the first 5 turns. this means that DPO has Veto over all building orders
just an idea if it is not liked by everone forget it
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old December 15, 2002, 10:59   #2
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
I strictly disagree with the reasons of this amendment -- more power to one directorate. Directorates havent been created equal, and some directors have more power than others. Whatever the directorate and the director is, I dont think we whould change the balance of power if everything is working fine.

I dont understand the other reasons for the changes you'd like to make. Are they really needed ?
Old December 15, 2002, 11:02   #3
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

well i dont mean i needs more power...but sometimes the DPO and a governer have a argument of what to build....a former or garrison...bu the governer has the last call....problem is that CPO is there to protect the faction and the governer to take care of his region.....BPO has a greater good to think of most of the time governers dont....
Old December 15, 2002, 11:20   #4
Pandemoniak
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Well, theorically, the DPO is not concerned by industry, and therefore is not concerned by the building lists.
He can advice or ask for more troops to the Director of Internal Affairs, and ask this director to veto the orders.

Even better, he can start a poll to check the popular willingness between a garrison and a former, therefore "forcing" the governor to build what the people want.

It is indeed right that it would be simpler to give the veto power directly to the DPO, but then, why not giving it as well to the DoS and all other directors ? The DoIA is the only one allowed to veto because he's responsible for building, and for nothing else, thus he works for coinstruction, not for science/military/anything.

About the Martial Law, I dont really have an opinion yet, but I think the "five turns" are stupid : if we have to use it, we'd better make it ten turns, since thats the time when a base is "revolted".
Martial Law doesnt sound really PK to me... Maybe I'd prefer the term "UN Mission of Peace Protection".
Old December 15, 2002, 11:58   #5
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 09:39
who would be responsable for governor-ing captured bases though? can we give the DPO that job?
Old December 15, 2002, 12:04   #6
DeathByTheSword
King

i would say or the DIA or the governer which region in besides it...

then next term we need a new governer for that area...but DPO could do it some turn but not all i am already governer for another region
Old December 15, 2002, 12:05   #7
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 09:39
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
i am already governer for another region
oh yeah...
Old December 16, 2002, 01:47   #8
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:39
Quote:
we'd better make it ten turns, since thats the time when a base is "revolted"
Actually, it's fifty turns.

Quote:
who would be responsable for governor-ing captured bases though? can we give the DPO that job?
Don't see why not, at least until we can set up a new region with it's own governor to include that base, or expand an existing one.
Old December 16, 2002, 05:05   #9
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Possibly for 5 or ten turns, but I think being in charge of all military units is quite a powerful position as it is, I'm not sure I agree with DBTS sentiment that it needs more.

I'd agree with article 2 at a pinch, but not with article 1, only the DIA should have a veto IMHO.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old December 16, 2002, 06:41   #10
Pandemoniak
King

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
As stated by the constitution, its up to the DIA : he can either control it himself, or give it to one of his minions er... Governors.

I suggest we only add the possibility that the DIA gives power to the DPO, when Special Peacekeeping Operations are needed. Theres no sense to put the Martial Law necessary, it should only be in case of military threat.

Last edited by Pandemoniak; December 16, 2002 at 11:46.
Old December 16, 2002, 09:00   #11
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

That's a much better idea IMHO, it should be the DIA's decision who gets governorship of captured bases.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker