View Poll Results: Your views
Builder (DIA) 14 43.75%
Nationalist (ALP) 8 25.00%
Warmonger (Hawk) 5 15.63%
Pragmatist (?) 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 18, 2002, 14:52   #1
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 07:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Unofficial poll of political view of game
what general ideals in the game do you support?
Old December 18, 2002, 15:00   #2
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 06:50
WarBuilder, which would make me an Industrialist, almost the exact opposite of the DIA.
Old December 18, 2002, 15:40   #3
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I'll agree with GhengisFarb, these labels are a bit confining...

But it could still be interesting to see how people end up saying they think within these admittedly confining categories.
Old December 18, 2002, 16:26   #4
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 06:50
Serially speaking: war, build, war

Kinda like we have been doing
Old December 18, 2002, 16:55   #5
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 08:50
Kill
Kill
Kill

Gee, which one should I vote for.......

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 18, 2002, 20:02   #6
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:50
Why don't you just vote in the other poll for this?

Oh well.
Old December 18, 2002, 20:23   #7
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Why don't you just vote in the other poll for this?

Oh well.
I think what Nimitz is trying to get at is people's playstyle rather than the official party affiliation. As such, people would be more likely to vote for one of the playstyles consistent with a party even if they don't agree with other things that party does (and thus are not a member).
Old December 18, 2002, 20:53   #8
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Yes that is why there are no indpendents because they're all over the place.
Old December 18, 2002, 23:31   #9
Nolan
Civilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:50
Would a religous affiliation be included under the banner of nationalist? Or is it a whole seperate category.
Old December 19, 2002, 01:25   #10
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nolan
Would a religous affiliation be included under the banner of nationalist? Or is it a whole seperate category.
Nimitz seems to be associating the four views with the four major political affiliations (DIA, Labor, Hawks, and Independants). Don't know why, though, since if people vote along party (or independant) lines, this poll would be a duplication of the party poll.

I'd just go with the view you think the religion in question would support. But that's just me; vote however you want.
Old December 19, 2002, 18:29   #11
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 14:50
hi ,

builder , all the way

'peace true building power'

have a nice DIA day
Old December 19, 2002, 18:41   #12
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Interesting that this was intended to gauge the philosophies of our citizens regarding gameplay, but by putting (DIA) and (ALP) next to the philosophy, it just ended up being another political affiliation poll, and about the exact same results as the last poll.
Old December 19, 2002, 20:41   #13
Nolan
Chieftain

I think the religious interests of our people are being ignored in this poll as they are always ignored by the senate, in this industrial era people need some form of hope, which can be given to them by a religious leader

Regards
Old December 19, 2002, 23:32   #14
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
I think the religious interests of our people are being ignored in this poll as they are always ignored by the senate, in this industrial era people need some form of hope, which can be given to them by a religious leader

Regards
We still have the almighty g0dZ and their physical manifestation in our plane: the Great Banana. Perhaps we need someone (you?) to provide a lesson for our recent arrivals about the glory of the g0dZ and the Great Banana. I'm sure that they would benefit deeply from such an education.
Old December 20, 2002, 08:52   #15
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

Regards
hi ,

the oldest temple to worship the great banana stand in front of the palace , .......

ahem , the DIA platform even has some religiou and spirital leaders within the ranks , ........

have a nice day
Old December 20, 2002, 08:54   #16
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

the oldest temple to worship the great banana stand in front of the palace , .......

ahem , the DIA platform even has some religiou and spirital leaders within the ranks , ........

have a nice day
Who are the religious and spiritual leaders? ...if you don't mind me asking.

Meshelic
Old December 20, 2002, 13:13   #17
Nolan
Chieftain

I haven't found that their is any spiritual leadership in the area around here. I am in awe of the Great Bananna, but I feel our citizens have strayed from the spiritual path with the introduction of industrialisation, and as a result our people feel disheartened and confused. As a senate member I find religion an important issue for the current senate, and for the future development of our state as a whole

Regards
Old December 20, 2002, 14:08   #18
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

You've got a point. A right-wing conservative religious (possibly role-playing?) party of some sort is definitely missing in our political map.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 20, 2002, 14:44   #19
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Aggie has dream(sent by great banna?)
Last night as i dreamed with visions of tortured germans and romans in my head, I saw THE GREAT BANANA siting on my bed. He said that he was displeased with us, for we weren't being just. For he saw other nations living all around and he said "we must crush these into the ground". I said when can we stop we must have rest, he said he wants the continent, nothing less. So there you have it all my friends, the great banana wants lots of ends. So perhaps its time for a new rededication of ALL political parties in our great nation. Honor the great Banana, by taking over the earth, so fight for all your worth. Of course i speak not as Aggie, but as a prophet of the great Banana, and as you know he can be quite naggy.
Aggie
Old December 20, 2002, 14:55   #20
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Smells fishy...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Last night as i dreamed with visions of tortured germans and romans in my head, I saw THE GREAT BANANA siting on my bed.
You're bluffing! You're just trying to lead the masses blindly into voting for the Hawk party!
What a disgraceful use of religion to steer the political system your way. You should be ashamed of yourself.

And then there are the inconsistencies:

Quote:
...he said he wants the continent, nothing less.
Quote:
Honor the great Banana, by taking over the earth,...
I may be wrong in assuming this but I don't suppose that a true all-powerful deity and its messengers would be inconsistent.

/me turns around and walks away proudly after having thwarted another one of the insidious Hawk party's attempts at a coup and slips on a banana peel.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 20, 2002, 15:05   #21
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Last night as i dreamed with visions of tortured germans and romans in my head, I saw THE GREAT BANANA siting on my bed. He said that he was displeased with us, for we weren't being just. For he saw other nations living all around and he said "we must crush these into the ground". I said when can we stop we must have rest, he said he wants the continent, nothing less. So there you have it all my friends, the great banana wants lots of ends. So perhaps its time for a new rededication of ALL political parties in our great nation. Honor the great Banana, by taking over the earth, so fight for all your worth. Of course i speak not as Aggie, but as a prophet of the great Banana, and as you know he can be quite naggy.
Aggie
hi ,

thats the proof , .......

for all of those who have doubts , .......

have a nice day
Old December 20, 2002, 15:09   #22
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

But there are no inconsistencies, he "said we couldn't rest until we had taken over the continent". Clearly he intends that rest to be a period of building up of great armies so we can then take over the world. Also why would me, a man of peace(I didn't start a single war during my term) have such a dream if it was not truly the great Banana. As far as smelling fishy, I do admit his peel was alittle ripe.
Aggie
Old December 20, 2002, 15:35   #23
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
But there are no inconsistencies, he "said we couldn't rest until we had taken over the continent". Clearly he intends that rest to be a period of building up of great armies so we can then take over the world. Also why would me, a man of peace(I didn't start a single war during my term) have such a dream if it was not truly the great Banana. As far as smelling fishy, I do admit his peel was alittle ripe.
Aggie
hi ,

Aggie , why did the great one came to you , ......

strange , several people has visions last night , ..... others had nightmares , ......

have a nice day
Old December 20, 2002, 15:55   #24
Arnelos
Emperor

Our former President is obviously going insane... I suppose we are fortunate that he left office before the voices in his head got too loud (though there remains the question of whether he was already going insane before? )

Old December 20, 2002, 16:00   #25
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Our former President is obviously going insane... I suppose we are fortunate that he left office before the voices in his head got too loud (though there remains the question of whether he was already going insane before? )

hi ,

, it seems that some-one tampered with the physical before he took his oath , .......

have a nice day

and when are the seals of office being transfered
Old December 20, 2002, 17:52   #26
Meshelic
King

Strange indeed. The Great Banana itself appearing to Aggie? Either he is crazy or he is.....dare I say it?.....the prophet....

The proof is in that banana peel he slipped on. We must find it and study it, it could have supernatural powers that we do not understand.....
Old December 20, 2002, 20:10   #27
Nolan
Chieftain

The Great Bananna works in mysterious ways, it is possible that he is speaking through Aggie, but if it was the case his lesson might not be conquest but a lesson learn't through the harsh reality of war, our people will bleed in a war of religious "cleansing" and the blood of our people will make this industrial world green and productive again, only a war in the name of Bananna can make this so. Any Labourite's concern about the individual worker should be ignored, as it is not Labour that controls the afterlife it is the Bananna, and if we "direct" our people into a religious life through justified war, then they are assured to live in the big Bananna in the sky once there time on this world is done

Regards
Old December 20, 2002, 23:48   #28
Arnelos
Emperor

For this madman to claim that he is somehow a prophet is clearly blasphemy against the true Great Banana. The only possible explanations for such a travesty are insanity or willful impiety for our g0dZ.

Would you honestly believe the same madman who flagrantly violated the sacred laws?

Clearly, our former general has gone quite mad. For a man who once, in a turnchat, officiallly declared his intention of crowning himself Emperor, I suppose such bouts of madness should only be expected. While we are thankful for the services that he rendered to the nation when his wits were still with him, it is clear that they have long since departed
Old December 21, 2002, 00:15   #29
Aggie
King

Be careful Arnelos, or the GREAT BANANA might get the shadow service to peel you. Of course I would have nothing to do with it, it would simply be the will of the GREAT BANANA. All great visionaries and prophets are scoffed at by unbelievers. All I'll say is watch out for banana peels wherever you go, that last step at the palace is a doosie.
Aggie
Old December 21, 2002, 01:26   #30
Arnelos
Emperor

[rp]

Aggie, a supporter of the ascention of President Panag? I honestly wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard him support that outcome out of his very own mouth. Perhaps despite his growing senility, our former general who would have himself be emperor somehow had the remorse to discover the errors of his previous ways and now supports panag, one of the more committed members of the DIA, to be the next President of Apolytonia.

Though with his half-coherant ramblings about wars and destruction, it's far more likely that this is just another sign of his having gone quite insane. In the growing field of modern medicine, there are now many theories about the treatment of mental illness. Perhaps we should, as a public service, comit the old warhorse to one of our new "hospitals" for such patients? Perhaps with the proper treatment, he may yet have some semblance of normality in his final days. Given his services to the state, it seems that we owe it to him to at least try... it's the humane thing to do.

[/rp]