Old December 18, 2002, 17:00   #1
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 08:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
GL Discussion
We are at War! We have Heroic Epic Wonder! We already have a Vicotious Army! We have the possibility for there to arise a New Great Leader in the coming Battles!

Senators, what say you on what we should do with him, once he has Arisen?

Please make the discussion as varied as possible, i.e. for before we get ToE, US and after. We would like to have as many possibilities available, so that we can be ready, at any time in this next term for it to happen.

E_T
Old December 18, 2002, 17:09   #2
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I would like him to be used on Hoovers if and when possible.

ToE we are prebuilding, and can use it to be able to get hoovers tech fast. Then presto whamo, we be there.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 18, 2002, 17:14   #3
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 07:51
Relocating the Palace is currently more expensive than the most expensive modern era GW, so I think that if we get a leader, we should use him to relocate the Palace to the Iron Works city if complete or to Marcoss City if not. (Due to our rail network and the leader being a 3 movement unit, that could be done the same turn.)

Last edited by joncnunn; December 18, 2002 at 18:20.
Old December 18, 2002, 17:15   #4
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

HOOVER'S
Old December 18, 2002, 17:34   #5
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:51
The sooner we build Hoover's (doesn't matter how), the better.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 18, 2002, 17:46   #6
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Our next leader-Hoover Dam!!! This will give us a huge production advantage!!
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 18, 2002, 18:06   #7
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

We won't have Electronics until the Theory of Evolutation completes, and this is over ten turns away.

Do we want to deny ourselves the possibility of getting 2 Great Leaders during the German war by keeping the first GL around so long?

It's also highly unlikey that a Great Leader would appear at a good time for using for Theory of Evolution.

This leaves us as real options that can be used instantly:

1. Palace

2. Womens Sufferage (have the city building WS build something else instead.)

3. Small Wonders. (Lots of choices here)

4. A second Army.
Old December 18, 2002, 18:10   #8
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by joncnunn
We won't have Electronics until the Theory of Evolutation completes, and this is over ten turns away.

Do we want to deny ourselves the possibility of getting 2 Great Leaders during the German war by keeping the first GL around so long?
We could always use the GL to complete Universal Suffrage in a city that currently has almost no production... and then save the production saved up for Universal Suffrage in a Palace and put its production on hold until we can switch it to Hoover's ??? Is this possible???????

Then any GL we get after that we SAVE FOR UNITED NATIONS, so that we can ensure that no-one else builds the United Nations and ends the game with a diplomatic victory.
Old December 18, 2002, 18:17   #9
joncnunn
Emperor

I don't think we should save any GL unless we get one towards the very end of hostilties.

As long as all the Industrial Era wonders are complete before the discovery of Fission, we're in no danger of being beat to the UN because the AI will start from scratch and we should have Hoover's by then.
Old December 18, 2002, 18:17   #10
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 06:51
Depends upon timing, the ability to shuffle pre-builds, and risk of AI swapping.

If we got one this turn or next turn:
Under this scenario it is unlikely that the AI's have a place to swap to so we maxamize their pain by rushing US somewhere other than Forbidden City. Meanwhile Forbidden City switches to Hospital so we can pump it's pop and produce 1 turn Cav's

3 to 5 turns out:
Similar, but Forbideden city would switch to a small wonder instead to avoid shield waste.

6 to 8 turns out:
Uncertain. Forbidden City may be too far along for reasonable swap. Maybe a Palace. Probably in Macross city as we would like to keep whatever Ironworks shields there are in Heliopolis. Really guessing here as the 'fog of planning' is thick

9 and beyond:
Hope for better luck with combat
Old December 18, 2002, 19:56   #11
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Within a few turns should be US. Having it now before WW even hits is much preferable.

Between that and our getting Electronics, a GL should be used to move the palace to Macross City (the IW city is a little too far west, IMO).

After Electronics, Hoover Dam. After Hoover Dam, Palace again.
Old December 18, 2002, 20:51   #12
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Hoover Dam would do wonders, it must be built ASAP
Old December 18, 2002, 23:02   #13
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Hoover Dam would do wonders, it must be built ASAP
Hoover dam would not only do wonders, it would be a wonder!!
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 19, 2002, 01:58   #14
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

With regards to saving a GL for the UN, once we get ToE and Hoovers, we will just scratch build the rest of the wonders at our leisure. GL's will be unnecessary.
Old December 19, 2002, 02:39   #15
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by roadcage
With regards to saving a GL for the UN, once we get ToE and Hoovers, we will just scratch build the rest of the wonders at our leisure. GL's will be unnecessary.
The reason to save a GL for the UN is to secure against the off-chance (however unlikely) that the AI gets a GL, gets their hands on fission, and completes the UN themselves (to then win the game the next turn and REALLY upset us).

Regardless of how remote this is, we simply must do everything in our power to guard against it. If we have a GL around, we might as well use him for this (this all assuming we have a GL around, which is highly unlikely).
Old December 19, 2002, 12:13   #16
joncnunn
Emperor

I would be highly surprized if the AI doesn't use GL for something at the first oppertunity. I've also never seen the AI produce anything except Armies with GL's.
Old December 19, 2002, 18:26   #17
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by joncnunn
I would be highly surprized if the AI doesn't use GL for something at the first oppertunity. I've also never seen the AI produce anything except Armies with GL's.
hi ,

, be carefull with that , ......

, maybe a poll would be intresting

have a nice day
Old December 19, 2002, 18:35   #18
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:51
Hoover -- It will produce so much for us.
Old December 19, 2002, 18:43   #19
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

, the DIA should really try to get hoover , this shall also mean faster building of units and buildings , we would have to go nuts to go for it , ......

and with more units we have a greater and faster chance of getting a new GL very fast

have a nice day
Old December 19, 2002, 18:57   #20
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 12:51
Hoovers is nice, but it simply to far away at this time. Use it for US so we can stay at war longer and have more oppertunities to get more GL's. By the way, when does the Military Academy come along? Heliopis (damn spelling) would do marvels at mass producing Armies. Think about Apolytonian Tank Armies running around. Damn that is a great thought!
Old December 19, 2002, 19:04   #21
joncnunn
Emperor

I don't like placing Tanks into Armies, it keeps them from upgrading to Mordern Armor.
Old December 19, 2002, 19:05   #22
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
Hoovers is nice, but it simply to far away at this time. Use it for US so we can stay at war longer and have more oppertunities to get more GL's.
Only use it for Hoovers if we've built ToE and can rush it immediately, allowing more GLs to be generated.

Quote:
By the way, when does the Military Academy come along? Heliopis (damn spelling) would do marvels at mass producing Armies. Think about Apolytonian Tank Armies running around. Damn that is a great thought!
We can build it whenever we want, now that we have a victorious army.

But I think we should hold off on that. We don't have Tanks quite yet, after all.
Old December 19, 2002, 20:54   #23
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I normally wait to build MA until after I have Hoover inplace. That way, I can evaluate what City I want to put it in, so that I can build any Armies as fast as possible. I normally go for a City that can build an Army in 5 turns (atleast 80 shieids per turn). I also use this (Army) as a very short shield storage before switching to a Modern Era Wonder.

E_T
Old December 19, 2002, 20:59   #24
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Use the GL to build whatever Wonder we have available to us immediately. If we have a city already building that Wonder switch it to the Palace to save the shields. We need to use up the GLs the instant we create them to get more GLs. If we have no Wonders available use the GL to build an Army.