Old December 19, 2002, 08:42   #1
Childeric
Settler

Local Time: 13:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What is a Democracy game??
... could you make a sticky post explaining what is a Democracy game or do you want to keep it insider info only?

Old December 19, 2002, 09:02   #2
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 06:54
Link: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=60172
Old December 19, 2002, 15:37   #3
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:54
Ok, we need that New Member FAQ...

adaMada and Kloreep (I think those were the other ones working on it), let me know which sections you need me to do. I'll sit down probably tomorrow (around X-mas shopping) and write my sections.

It just needs to be done.

Last edited by Arnelos; December 19, 2002 at 18:01.
Old December 19, 2002, 16:15   #4
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I haven't worked on it, but with Unortho gone for now, it probably does need another writer.

I'll see if I can dig up the FAQ thread later, but right now I need to do my orders.
Old December 19, 2002, 17:26   #5
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 08:54
In short, it is a single game where a large group of us are playing it together. We do this to learn from eachother and to have fun. For example, before I started here, I won about 50% of the time on regent. Now I win about 20-30% on emperor and I won my first diety game about a week ago (spanish, huge map, 16 civs - random map - pangia, wet, 3 billion, domination victory, score around 4500, in 1980's I think ).

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 19, 2002, 18:18   #6
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:54
It's alot of fun. It's taught me enough to go from emporer to diety, mostly because there we're a few things I tried to show mathematically, like the utility of granaries in Civ III we're erroneous. I've learned alot and hopefully have taught alot.
Old December 19, 2002, 21:04   #7
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I've had the FAQ thread on my list of C3DG-Things-To-Do for a while now . As soon as exams are over (Tomorrow ), I plan to bump up the thread (I already did a TOC that we can use to start with), and work on rediving up the workload now UnOrthO's left. It shouldn't be that hard to get it done -- luckly, most of it won't require much writing, and what we do write will only need to be done once, unlike a project like the Gazette, where it's writing an equal amount of work every week.

-- adaMada
Old December 19, 2002, 23:24   #8
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
I've had the FAQ thread on my list of C3DG-Things-To-Do for a while now . As soon as exams are over (Tomorrow ), I plan to bump up the thread (I already did a TOC that we can use to start with), and work on rediving up the workload now UnOrthO's left. It shouldn't be that hard to get it done -- luckly, most of it won't require much writing, and what we do write will only need to be done once, unlike a project like the Gazette, where it's writing an equal amount of work every week.

-- adaMada
adaMada,

Please check out the ancient new member guide I've topped (the one Ninot wrote back in JULY). It's quite extensive and could be of some help to us