Old January 13, 2003, 16:06   #91
Juggler
Prince

Local Time: 13:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I usually cheat when I'm low on arrows, health and antidote potions. Saves me the boring journey to shops in cities
and speaking of drizzt - ever tryed killing him?
Old January 13, 2003, 16:31   #92
Bonaparte
Warlord

Local Time: 07:55
The Baldur's Gate series of games are the best.
Old January 13, 2003, 22:54   #93
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 12:55
You can easily kill him in BG1, I hear, by dispanding your party around him, then shooting him with arrows- he wont attack noncombatants and he can't get past your former allies

-
as for resistance to charm; just stand back; shoot with arrows; summon minions and use wands while the minions fight.

-
I'm now in Chapter 7 !!!
And am going to Ulgoth's beard for the subquests
and to level up for BG2.
-
And I found a bug- I can get into BG easily by trying to go to a FAR province rather than the 1st Province
Old January 14, 2003, 14:27   #94
Juggler
Prince

Local Time: 13:55
I killed drizzt simply by summoning 2 friendly drizzts to defend me, but never with my party. one slash and I'm dead.
I'll try out what you said, but what arrows should I use? the wooden ones clearly won't do
Old January 14, 2003, 23:49   #95
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

But that's cheating more blatantly.

I think any arrows work. at least thats what the guide said.
Old January 17, 2003, 12:55   #96
Bonaparte
Warlord

Local Time: 07:55
[QUOTE] Originally posted by Juggler
I killed drizzt simply by summoning 2 friendly drizzts to defend me, but never with my party. one slash and I'm dead.

I killed him with my parties magic and weapons and I didn't summon anything. It took me about 15 tries and when I finally won the only person left standing was a cleric. Needless to say I had to camp there a few nights afterwards while my cleric went about the task of ressurecting the rest of my party.
Old January 17, 2003, 13:54   #97
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 14:55
Quote:
And I found a bug- I can get into BG easily by trying to go to a FAR province rather than the 1st Province

I'm not sure what you mean...? a far province? You can't enter BG before you finish Cloakwood...

You can also kill drizzt in a cheesy way... You know the location in BG1 right? well in the direct neighbourhood there is a little pond or lake

The BG1 characters have a bad pathfinding (it's an old game you know ) anyway what you can do is kill drizzt by luring him down to the pond, and putting the rest of your chars on the other sinde of the pond, shooting him with arrows etc...

sure took me a loooong time, but it's possible to kill him with just one casualty or even none, I haven't tried this myself though...

In BG2 he is easier to kill because your chars are pretty much the same level as drizzt at the time (drizzt is level 15 if i'm not mistaken)
Old January 17, 2003, 22:02   #98
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
I killed him with my parties magic and weapons and I didn't summon anything. It took me about 15 tries and when I finally won the only person left standing was a cleric. Needless to say I had to camp there a few nights afterwards while my cleric went about the task of ressurecting the rest of my party.
What level can a cleric ressurect on?

TRAJANUS-
Quote:
You can't enter BG before you finish Cloakwood...
Oh, I flooded Cloakwood- this is in chapter 7... I was suppsosed to enter baldurs gatee via the bridge, but instead I clicked on the fartherst section of Baludrs gate and met with no troubles, flaming fist or otherwise but the n I went out of BG and went to the bridge and a smuggler told me taht he could get me into BG for a price

thsu there is a bug
Old January 18, 2003, 07:55   #99
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 14:55
LoL, no, BG is full of cheaters etc... you can get in without the smuggler, as you have just proven, once the bandit/cloakwood problem is solved, the bridge is simply opened again

In BG2 this is far worse, there are many many people there that want to take advantage of you and you have to question them thoroughly to know if their intentions go along with your alignment (no point in helping ppl for a good cause if you're evil)

You usually have an option to ask (quite rudely) if there will be a reward for the job... With some people it will have a bad effect, on other ppl the reward will be bigger if they have promised it beforehand (you might risk getting a lame rewards after you hand over the object you had to steal for example )

you just have to figure out who to trust that's what i like bout the game!
Old January 19, 2003, 23:44   #100
Lord Merciless
Warlord

Local Time: 05:55
I spent a total of 85 hours playing through BG2 the first time without looking up any strategy guides. I think BG2 is far more interesting and challenging than BG1 in terms of combat. But once you know how its magic system works, it's like a cake walk. In the final battle against Irenicus, I beat the crap out of him in my first attempt, something not very common in boss battles.

In BG1, archers(not the Archer kit) rule. Having Coran and Kivan in your party, you can literally kick everything's butt except Doom Guards and Battle Horrors. If they are not enough, let your dual-classed thief->mage Imoen summon a "Wall of Monsters" or your cleric Branwen get a few Skeletons up. Coran and Kivan just have to sit back to pick their targets at pleasure. Aec'Lectec, Demon Knight, Sarevok, all were no match against this tactic. In a sense, it can be said that combats are too monotonic in BG1.

In BG2, magics and spells are dominating to the point at which you can easily solo(play without any NPC in your party) the game with a Sorceror or a Mage. It becomes fairly easy to slay a Dragon with a single mage.

But in Throne of Bhaal(ToB, the sequal to BG2), melee fighters become the dominating class. In my first time though ToB, my party was overly magic oriented, and had to reload several times to beat the final battle. For my second time, I loaded the party with 4 fighters, and the final battle became a cake walk.
Old January 29, 2003, 22:21   #101
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
In BG2, magics and spells are dominating to the point at which you can easily solo(play without any NPC in your party) the game with a Sorceror or a Mage. It becomes fairly easy to slay a Dragon with a single mage.
Yes, I was surprised to hear this... but Elmonster has a strategy guide on doing just this thing... he won in 32 game days
Old January 30, 2003, 04:06   #102
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 05:55
that seems difficult. but I do agree magic is very poweful in BG2. My sorcerer kicked ass. .

But I still found it very nice to have my monk to kick some ass once my sorc got the protections down. I think I could do it with those 2 characters. A cleric is just a convenience, a thief is a little more valuable, but still not necessary.

And yes in Throne of Bhaal, demons are very widespread. So it helps to have melee guys help out in this regard. In the beginning of TOB you can pick up a very powerful melee guy from the BG1 days. Sure he is evil, but he can be converted to good. Him along with my monk were superpowerful. I did fairly well on all the mini battles at the end except one. For some reason one of those mini-battles was tough for me- second to last one I think.

Last edited by Dis; January 30, 2003 at 04:13.