Old December 21, 2002, 13:51   #31
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Edited, nevermind. I don't care.
- Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Shiber; December 21, 2002 at 14:09.
Old December 21, 2002, 13:55   #32
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Panag, please stop this rude patronizing talk and PLEASE, stop PM'ing me!!
hi ,

sorry dude , but this wont work , ........
now if you dont want to stop and drop your attitude and your crap and lies then dont come and complain , ......PM can be checked by the site owners , so dont push it to far , .......

have a nice day
Old December 21, 2002, 13:56   #33
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Speaking of smilies...
Crack's Smilies - this site is a LEGEND!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 21, 2002, 13:58   #34
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Speaking of smilies...
Crack's Smilies - this site is a LEGEND!
and stop to post your spam , .....

this thread has to be closed
Old December 21, 2002, 18:01   #35
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:56
If we were back in the 1800's and this was the White House Lawn you guys were speaking on, I could see a duel going on for sure.

And I'm mean a real duel, the "take 1...2.....3....steps FIRE!"-kind of dual.

Not sure if it's spelled dual or duel this way...?
Old December 21, 2002, 19:03   #36
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
duel. Dual means two things working in tandem, duel is two things fighting each other.

edit: oops...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.

Last edited by Panzer32; December 21, 2002 at 21:43.
Old December 21, 2002, 19:05   #37
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
duel. Dual means two things working in tandem, dual is two things fighting each other.
So which one is the 123FIRE? You said Dual and dual twice!

Old December 21, 2002, 20:22   #38
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:56
123FIRE (or also a good sword fight ) is a duel. Working in tandem (or also redundant systems) is dual.
Old December 21, 2002, 21:08   #39
Meshelic
King

I was too lazy to look it up in the dictionary.
Old December 21, 2002, 21:41   #40
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic

So which one is the 123FIRE? You said Dual and dual twice!

If you have read the first (half) sentance in my post, it tells you the answer...

disregerd the explanation if it makes no sense... only a typo.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 21, 2002, 21:55   #41
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32

If you have read the first (half) sentance in my post, it tells you the answer...

disregerd the explanation if it makes no sense... only a typo.
I caught that shortly after I had posted my confused question.
Old December 22, 2002, 02:49   #42
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

[Roleplay]
Once again, the labour partyshows its ugly face to the brave people of Apolytonia ! By creating a so called 'neutral thread', they only intended to occupy all the political space of the country by spreading their lies, mud flinging, and even their doubtful humour of so-called 'protectors of the working class' (while their members have hideously profited from slavery since centuries ).

What does the Labor party want ? Does it want to restore the greatness of Apolytonia by inflicting some more laborist nonsense to the populace ? Is it already so short at ideas that it has to fill the gap by using personal attacks ?

The DIA has always been the one near the working class. We didn't use big words, but actions like building libraries and marketplaces, for the populace to profit from the splendor of our culture and trade. We avoided several nonsensical wars, to avoid the blood of our deserving people to be spilled. And we will let every willing Apolytonian, no matter his social class, participate in the great undertakings that await us !

But the Labor party is different. Behind its fallacious mask of careness, it only wants to manipulate the people, and transform the working class into an angry mob, directed against its legitimate rulers, and even directed against the most deserving citizens !

In these troubled times of war, they don't find anything better than to trouble the wise order of the senate ! They foster personal arguments for their petty political agenda instead of working for the greater good of Apolytonia ! They truly are no patriots. They aren't far of being traitors to our nation.

Laborists : show the little dignity that remains in you, if there remains any !

Thank you for your attention
[/ end roleplay]

OK, since it was almost a Labor-only thread, I guess I had to bring some political mud flinging here to revive a potentially interesting thread. BTW, I absolutely don't believe people like Aro (geographic society), Panzer32 (Regional Administrator), Kloreep (RA, responsible for the poll summary, and fellow Legolian) and Meshelic (the only one who toyed with the idea of being aide to PW) are useless to the game
Just some innocent mud flinging of someone who roleplays a true animosity to you Please do not quote the non-roleplay part of this post if you decide to anwer it in a roleplay fashion.
Old December 22, 2002, 05:41   #43
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
[Roleplay]
Once again, the labour partyshows its ugly face to the brave people of Apolytonia ! By creating a so called 'neutral thread', they only intended to occupy all the political space of the country by spreading their lies, mud flinging, and even their doubtful humour of so-called 'protectors of the working class' (while their members have hideously profited from slavery since centuries ).
[Roleplay]

How hideous a statement is this? This "nuetral thread" was intended to serve as an alternative to an AWOL DIA member who refused to leave a party thread when asked, and was asked on numerous times. So a Labor Party member WISELY decided to create an alternate thread for both parties to participate. THAT is the fact. The fact that the DIA doesn't reveal itself speaks for itself.

Had the DIA been able to control it's own rogue members, this thread would not have been necessary! And they slander us for providing them a way to speak out against us! Welcome to the true nature of the DIA, slanderous, mischevious and underhanded bereaucrats who have poisoned the political spectrum for too long!

Quote:
Is it already so short at ideas that it has to fill the gap by using personal attacks ?
[Roleplay]

Tisk tisk. The ALP does not condone personal attacks nor has it the time to carry out such petty and unimportant policies. Though you may want to look through the DIA's garbage bin, you will probably find numerous statements that would more than qualify for "personal attacks". The ALP is wrongly accused of sponsoring the latest party war. They are a jealous rabble who actually once wished to ally themselves with us, and due to our refusal they have resorted to tactics that shame the party system.

"Create shame and misunderstanding, and blame it on the Labor Party," is a clear picture of the rulebook according to the DIA. They have opposed a peaceful gathering of peoples, have resorted to numerous attacks on both the Party and it's members.

Quote:
We avoided several nonsensical wars, to avoid the blood of our deserving people to be spilled.
[Roleplay]
Voting "Abstain" in a war vote (like most DIA can probably be labeled as having done) does not mean avoiding nonsensical wars. It means they are not willing to stand up for themselves. Too afraid to make a decision. Do you truly want a party like that leading our nation?
Quote:
In these troubled times of war, they don't find anything better than to trouble the wise order of the senate ! They foster personal arguments for their petty political agenda instead of working for the greater good of Apolytonia ! They truly are no patriots. They aren't far of being traitors to our nation.
[Roleplay]
How have the Labor Party profited from the party war? None whatsoever. Your statements reek of ignorance. Had you not been so brainwashed by your own folly, you would take back nearly calling us traitors. For it is the DIA that has betrayed everyone that has built this nation, including themselves.

And I will further comment that last night my personal property, my own home, was destroyed in a terrorist action by DIA members. Thank the banana that my family survived. Surely the nation will know the truth before our police accept the bribes that the DIA will be sure to give to keep the mouth's of our law enforcement shut!

I say look upon the wreckage of my own home!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	housefire.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	32292  
Old December 22, 2002, 05:54   #44
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:56
[roleplay]

[roleplay]
Old December 22, 2002, 06:05   #45
Shiber
Emperor

[roleplay]
More police stations shall keep the DIA mafia at bay.
In addition, I will dispatch several automatic defense turrets to the homes of every major ALP activist and the ALP headquarters. Demonstration below:

What can I say? It works.
[/roleplay]
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 22, 2002, 07:46   #46
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
[roleplay]

[roleplay]
[Roleplay]

My reaction as well, needless to say I had no hope of rescuing a number of my prized collections, like the compass that helped direct Shiber and I while we sailed on in search (and discovery!) of the Lost Civs (which I might add, I was going to submit to our national museum but too late now...). Or my distinguished service awards....

Alas, I must take out a loan from the bank of Tassagrad (where the home was located) to help me find a place to live now. Perhaps I shall renovate part of the Labor Party HQ and move in to the top floor. Although I doubt the loan will fall through, those DIA control nearly everything....except our will to survive.

Interestingly enough, the police have refused to investigate. My thoughts are the police are owned by the DIA now as well. I will be submitting this investigation into the hands of the capable Shadow Service, for they may be my only hope to solving this terrible, terrible crime.

[/Roleplay]

Last edited by Meshelic; December 22, 2002 at 08:00.
Old December 22, 2002, 10:24   #47
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

ahem ; not a single DIA member involves himself in arson attacks , ......

however it seems that some people are still spreading lies and trow with mud , and then when push comes to shove they go and hide under a party , ........

its a shame that they can get away with it , ......

Meshelic , police stations need to be build , let them arrest the criminals , but you shall see in court that the people who are brought to court are not DIA members , .......

some party ethics for some parties would be a nice solution , ........

have a nice day
Old December 22, 2002, 17:37   #48
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

ahem ; not a single DIA member involves himself in arson attacks , ......

however it seems that some people are still spreading lies and trow with mud , and then when push comes to shove they go and hide under a party , ........

its a shame that they can get away with it , ......
[roleplay]
I took a photograph! How can my house burning down be a lie? Go and see yourself.

Besides, I found a DIA campaign pin laying on the front lawn! Seeing as how I don't allow DIA near my house this is awful suspicious....

Quote:
Meshelic , police stations need to be build , let them arrest the criminals , but you shall see in court that the people who are brought to court are not DIA members , .......

some party ethics for some parties would be a nice solution , ........
The police can't help. The DIA probably own them!

I refuse to enter a discussion about "ethics" with you, anyways. I have no idea where THAT would go, but probably into a very bad bad place, and I don't wanna go there. It would be a never-ending argument. So you can drop the "ethics" speech you're preparing....

Ah I liked you better when you weren't on the defensive all the time, Mr. Vice President.

Last edited by Meshelic; December 22, 2002 at 19:22.
Old December 22, 2002, 18:03   #49
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Meshelic, this is a shame and they say they are the party of peace, tsk tsk. But have no fear, the GREAT BANANA will soon smile upon you. Since I have some loyal units still, they will protect you from any harm. The GREAT BANANA remembers who supported its prophet.
Aggie
Old December 22, 2002, 18:12   #50
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 06:56
Quote:
not a single DIA member involves himself in arson attacks , ......
This is true, but they do GANG up for Arson Attacks, they just don't do them as one-man operations.
Old December 22, 2002, 19:21   #51
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Meshelic, this is a shame and they say they are the party of peace, tsk tsk. But have no fear, the GREAT BANANA will soon smile upon you. Since I have some loyal units still, they will protect you from any harm. The GREAT BANANA remembers who supported its prophet.
Aggie
Praise the banana! I am truly blessed to have the banana intervene and rescue me from the latest attempts on my life. Perhaps all the sacrificies to the Great Banana were all not for nothing.

The Shadow Service has not responded to my call for help, they must be in Rome on their latest mission of assassination. Though I thank the Banana for providing protection for me and my estate.
Old December 22, 2002, 19:47   #52
Nolan
Civilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:56
rp}

Beware the hearts of men Meshelic, I fear that your shadow service may betray you yet. I feel that the Great Bananna loves you above most others, yet I fear that many of your friends may be false, I mearly warn you to be careful. Beware the DIA, I fear their talk of democracy is a front.

rp}

regards
Old December 22, 2002, 19:54   #53
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Beleive me our talk of democracy is no front; it has been our way if it hadn't no war would of ever been fought after france.
Old December 22, 2002, 20:52   #54
Nolan
Chieftain

rp}

Hmmm no words about your support of democracy leave me convinced, I have suspicions, your shield of democracy is mearly there in an interest to slowly remove the Great Bananna from the minds of our people, I have no doubt that the DIA is the pagan party in the political spectrum, and in these more modern times is being controlled by some darker force indeed.

rp}

Regards
Old December 22, 2002, 22:01   #55
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
I thank the Banana for providing protection for me and my estate.
That obviously didn't work too well... perhaps it is because your worship for the great banana is as blashphemous as these lunatics that would have us believe the great baanana wishes us to slaughter other peoples of the world rather than to demonstrate the enlightenment of the great banana through peace, as was written and taught.
Old December 22, 2002, 22:05   #56
Nolan
Chieftain

rp}

Arnelos, Arnelos, The Great Bananna does mysterious things, in this case it is obvious he let the house burn to show up the militant part of the DIA before it became to strong. Take what has happened as a warning to yourself Arnelos, I know your a good man, but evil is rising in your ranks, Meshelic lives because the Great Bananna protects him.

rp}

Regards
Old December 22, 2002, 22:46   #57
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Do you really think the the Great banana is after war no he wonts us to peacefully spread his message to all the pagan poeples of the world not attack all which weakens it.
Old December 22, 2002, 23:47   #58
Meshelic
King

From CHAPTER 51 of the Chronicles of Apolytonia

It was in the days of the Great War that man was divided, nation against nation, brother against brother, father against son. While brave men fought valiantly on the battlefields, defending their borders to the last man, a great indwelling of darkness and unleashed power cast a shadow over the lands of Apolytonia. A cloud of evil spread over the nation.

Pride. Jealousy. Contempt. These are the things that entered into men's hearts in the last days, before the return of the Great Banana, whose silence only made men longing more for purpose, for solitude, for rest.

Genocide and massacre's became common, entire people's were obliterated, in the name of nationalism, in the name of religion, in the name of conquest. The massacre at Hamburg, the rising tide of religious fanatacism, the heightened political battle inside the Senate....these were the beginnings of the end for Apolytonia....for in those days, a desperate battle not only raged on the battlefields, but in the hearts of men.
Old December 23, 2002, 01:18   #59
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

[roleplay]
I took a photograph! How can my house burning down be a lie? Go and see yourself.

Besides, I found a DIA campaign pin laying on the front lawn! Seeing as how I don't allow DIA near my house this is awful suspicious....

The police can't help. The DIA probably own them!

I refuse to enter a discussion about "ethics" with you, anyways. I have no idea where THAT would go, but probably into a very bad bad place, and I don't wanna go there. It would be a never-ending argument. So you can drop the "ethics" speech you're preparing....

Ah I liked you better when you weren't on the defensive all the time, Mr. Vice President.
hi ,

this smells like a set-up , .......

just one little tip , you might look around in your close surroundings , a special investigation revealed that a special fuel was used and that the lock was not tampered with but was put open with keys , the keys itself where trown later on the burning porch , ......

intresting to know is how some-one got a hold of your keys in the first place , more intresting to know is that you had your lock changed after certain events earlier this week , .......

have a nice day
Old December 23, 2002, 04:31   #60
Meshelic
King

Quote:

hi ,

this smells like a set-up , .......

just one little tip , you might look around in your close surroundings , a special investigation revealed that a special fuel was used and that the lock was not tampered with but was put open with keys , the keys itself where trown later on the burning porch , ......

intresting to know is how some-one got a hold of your keys in the first place , more intresting to know is that you had your lock changed after certain events earlier this week , .......

have a nice day
What special investigation? Why am I being informed of it now, and not then? And how did you get that information anyways, you aren't an officer of the police or an agent of the Shadow Service, and IMHO a Vice-President involving himself in such an investigation shows that you had a special interest in the investigation, and I doubt it was to find the culprit. Perhaps your interest is purely to cover it up?

another thing, I didn't tell anyone I changed my lock, so how did you know this?

panag seems to know more about my house burning down than I DO, and I'm the leader of the Shadow Service! Something smells of conspiracy for sure, panag, and your name seems to pop up more often than coincidence allows...

Last edited by Meshelic; December 23, 2002 at 05:02.