Old October 11, 2000, 15:52   #1
allenyen
Settler

Local Time: 01:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Help with color problem for Alpha Centuri
I just started on this game a few days ago, but I have already re-installed it many times already, and never be able to get it to work properly... I have the V4.0 patch, and am using a PIII 600mhz with Creative Lab's Annialator Pro (G-Force) card.

The first time I install, it was working fine except that it will crash when I go into the workshop. Then when I re-install, the workshop works OK now, but all the terrain tile in the map has all strange colors (solid pink, white, purple or other various colors) instead of the proper tiles (Rocky, forest, river etc.)that it should have been.

Did anyone has this problem? How did you solve the problem? I am really not sure what other option I can try now. I am using the 800X600 16bit color for my Window98. And I read something in the EA site that said I should adjust to 640X480 at 256 color. I will try it out later, but who is still using 256 color in Win98?

Thanks for help

Allen
Old October 11, 2000, 20:50   #2
stuntman19
Prince

Screen sounds like some sorta acid trip. I think the 640x480 and 256 bit is the solution. I've never heard of anyone running what you're doing, so I think it might be the issue.

Old October 11, 2000, 23:12   #3
Deimos
Prince

Local Time: 20:49
Local Date: October 30, 2010
What drivers are you using? The Creative ones? Beta? You might want to bail on the CL ones and go for the latest official Nvdia release.

I have the CL Annihilator Pro with the Nvdia v.6.18 drivers(not the latest and greatest, but stable), albeit running on W2k, and everything is great. Also, if you are overclocking the card, try setting it back to spec.
Old October 12, 2000, 17:11   #4
WhiteElephants
King

Local Time: 20:49
Local Date: October 30, 2010
This is going to sound silly, but I think that Firaxis included a different color pallete for people who were color blind. Perhaps you accidentally installed this pallate during one of your installations and that's why the color is very strange to you. I wouldn't even know how to check if this is the case though. Good Luck.
Old October 12, 2000, 18:30   #5
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

WE, this is unlikely to be the case, as the colours mentioned (solid pink, white, purple etc.) are unlikely to assist any colourblind players.

Are you sure it wasn't the palette for blind people, with those colours?