Old December 23, 2002, 11:31   #1
My Wife Hates CIV
Civilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 13:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It is a war against Islam! (and i have nothing to do today)
More than two-thirds of British Muslims surveyed consider the war on terrorism a war against Islam, a poll conducted for the British Broadcasting Corp. showed Monday.

The ICM survey of 500 people also revealed that more than half of British Muslims believe Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network should not have been blamed for the Sept. 11 attacks in New York and Washington.

However, 11 percent said they believed further attacks against the United States by al-Qaida or similar groups would be justified, and 8 percent said such attacks would be justified against Britain.

I agree. Bring it on I say. Each and every attack against the US is just another reason the US has to tighten its grip on total global control - as if we need one, but it does make it easrier.
Old December 23, 2002, 11:34   #2
Sonic
Warlord

Local Time: 15:08
MWH CIV, you are presenting like 11% would be a majority...

Remember, 11% of Americand doesn't knows that Washington is capital but yet you don't call every American dumb.
Old December 23, 2002, 11:34   #3
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 08:08
Quote:
The ICM survey of 500 people also revealed that more than half of British Muslims believe Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network should not have been blamed for the Sept. 11 attacks in New York and Washington.
brilliant. this is almost as humorous as the people who deny the holocaust ever happened.

is britian harboring terrorists?
Old December 23, 2002, 11:36   #4
My Wife Hates CIV
Emperor

but one could... and that's 11% of British Muslims. Go to the middle east and that number climbs fast.

hey, all i'm saying is that i agree.
Old December 23, 2002, 12:20   #5
Sonic
Warlord

What I am saying is that 5%-15% is a natural minority of any mediocre dumb question into which there are only two possible answers. I believe if in America you'd ask "should we nuke axis of evil?" the number of people who'd answer yes would be also between 5%-15%. Probably about the sae results you'd get if you'd ask "was Hitler a good politician?" in Germany. Of course if questions are dumber that percent could be lower (I mean questions like "should we nuke all the world?"), but I doubt it would be ever lower than 5% if only two possible answers are available, cause the dumber is question, the more people will choose dumb answer as a joke.

As a proove of what I am saying, try to ask some very dumb question on Apolyton as a poll with only two available answers, without banana option...
Old December 23, 2002, 12:23   #6
My Wife Hates CIV
Emperor

i see what you're saying... you're probably correct.
Old December 23, 2002, 14:11   #7
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

It's not about those 11%... It's about those 2/3.
Old December 23, 2002, 15:04   #8
Rage
Chieftain

Quote:
8 percent said such attacks would be justified against Britain.
Those 8 percent should be chucked out of the country...
Old December 23, 2002, 15:40   #9
Edan
Warlord

Local Time: 09:08
Hmm, a simmilar zogby poll taken recently of Arab-Americans found that about 60 or 70% believe that the war is on terrorism and not islam.
Old December 23, 2002, 15:51   #10
Ozz
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Edan
Hmm, a simmilar zogby poll taken recently of Arab-Americans found that about 60 or 70% believe that the war is on terrorism and not islam.
that leaves 30 to 40% believing something else.

Polls suck, the questions are slanted to get certain
results in the first place. If you keep taking polls
all the time, you always have something sensational
to print on a slow news day.
Old December 23, 2002, 17:49   #11
Lonestar
inmate
King

Most Muslim-Americans (Just "Americans" from my point of view, but I digress) I've met are somewhat conservative in tint, and are salivating at the prospect of "regime Changing" Hussein's ass.

Though the still dislike Israel to the point of fanaticism. In that case, blood IS thicker than water, although I think both sides should be sent to sit in the corner for the rest of the 21st century.
Old December 23, 2002, 17:56   #12
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 16:08
, but mommy, You said it was ok.... *cries*
Old December 23, 2002, 18:06   #13
Lonestar
inmate
King

"You've made your bed, now you have to sleep in it."
Old December 23, 2002, 18:12   #14
Sonic
Warlord

Lonestar, it is obvious if I would be Palestinian I would also hate Israel, I think most of people would. Probably it's just very hard to imagine for people whose countries were never occupied what is to be annexed. Especially this is very hard for annexed countries if religion, ethnicity and politics of both countries differs. I lived under such an occupation so I know it. Although some would object my following statement, I even believe that many people on this forum if they had been born in Palestine would also support terrorism. Friends'/other respected people statements, cruelity of occupying nation against occupied people in everyday's life would create such a pro-terroristic opinion.
I myself will not lie, if someone would annex my country (Lithuania) and they would be as cruel as Soviets (South African Apartheid, Israel, etc.) with my people, I myself although wouldn't do suicide terroristic acts (probably you'll call me "chicken" but I don't think I would be able to commit a suicide), I would most certainly call a man who would implode himself in the middle of "occupants" people a National Hero, not a terrorist.

Sep 11 is a different issue however as USA didn't occupied Afghanistan at a time.
Old December 23, 2002, 18:23   #15
Lonestar
inmate
King

I'd argue that Israel was in the process of letting the West Bank and Gaza spin off (like the Sovs with you Baltics) When the Palestinians decided to start blowing up school buses and clubs full of teenagers.

But let's not hijack the thread.
Old December 23, 2002, 18:27   #16
Thrawn05
King

Lets see....

Oct 7, 1571: Battle of Lepanto, Ottoman Turks defeated by the Papal Navy in the largest navy combat before Normandy.

Sept 11, 1683: Muslim Army was defeated by the Holy Roman Empire lead by John Sobieski of Poland outside Vienna.

Sept 11, 2001... Round 3...*DING*

Perhaps muslims should know when to quit.
Old December 23, 2002, 18:29   #17
Sonic
Warlord

Do you mean SOviets were in the process of spin off when Lithuanians started blow busses and clubs? . Well, I guess I've just understood it wrong at first.

As for Israeli situation, I think these blowings were just used as pretext to stop peace dealings. Such explotions could happen anytime in any occupied country. This is a very popular tale about that "Palestinians doesn't wants peace cause they started blowing everything once peace solution was almost decided". It seems this is the most popular between Americans, not even Israelis themselves. At least I mostly hear that from Americans in most forums, not Israelis. That is yet another thing that shows that this is an urban legend - Jews lives there so they knows the situation better. Read some politological work on middle east politics - in almost every this way of thinking is also proved wrong.
Old December 23, 2002, 21:09   #18
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 03:08
Wow I haven't seen MWHC and Lonestar for ages.....
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old December 23, 2002, 21:11   #19
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
brilliant. this is almost as humorous as the people who deny the holocaust ever happened.
BS. There is an abundance of evidence that the Holocaust occurred. There is no solid evidence as to who committed Sept. 11 (and circumstantial evidence points to the US government).
Old December 23, 2002, 21:12   #20
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
is britian harboring terrorists?
Yes. Among them Tony Blair and (IIRC) Pinochet.
Old December 23, 2002, 21:15   #21
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:

Perhaps it is the Christians who should know how to quit. Last I saw, Istabul (sorry Constantinople ) was still in Muslim hands.

And the fact that the Muslims got to Vienna in 1600s says something about the victories, or lack thereof, of the Christians .

I also remember something about sacking Rome as well .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old December 23, 2002, 21:17   #22
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 07:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn05
Lets see....

Oct 7, 1571: Battle of Lepanto, Ottoman Turks defeated by the Papal Navy in the largest navy combat before Normandy.

Sept 11, 1683: Muslim Army was defeated by the Holy Roman Empire lead by John Sobieski of Poland outside Vienna.

Sept 11, 2001... Round 3...*DING*

ain't that the truth...
Old December 23, 2002, 22:30   #23
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

BS. There is an abundance of evidence that the Holocaust occurred. There is no solid evidence as to who committed Sept. 11 (and circumstantial evidence points to the US government).

What, Osama bin Laden saying so on video isn't good enough?

Quote:
Wow I haven't seen MWHC and Lonestar for ages.....
Been busy defending democracy and whatnot.

Quote:
Perhaps it is the Christians who should know how to quit. Last I saw, Istabul (sorry Constantinople ) was still in Muslim hands.

And the fact that the Muslims got to Vienna in 1600s says something about the victories, or lack thereof, of the Christians .

I also remember something about sacking Rome as well .
BAM! Imran knocks one out of the park!

I'd say Christians and Muslims have a long history of bloodying each others' noses.
Old December 23, 2002, 22:41   #24
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
What, Osama bin Laden saying so on video isn't good enough?
You mean the one 'found' by US troops in Afghanistan? From what I've read, there are serious doubts as to it's validity. And it certainly wouldn't be the first time the US government has fabricated attacks against itself to justify war...
Old December 23, 2002, 22:48   #25
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
I'd say Christians and Muslims have a long history of bloodying each others' noses.
At least WE learned to quit after the second Crusade.

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
And the fact that the Muslims got to Vienna in 1600s says something about the victories, or lack thereof, of the Christians.
The same could be said in any turning point in any war. Your statment IMHO, lacks meaning to that particulay event.
Old December 23, 2002, 22:50   #26
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
You mean the one 'found' by US troops in Afghanistan? From what I've read, there are serious doubts as to it's validity
Where was this from?
Old December 23, 2002, 22:52   #27
Sikander
King

Local Time: 06:08
Quote:

You mean the one 'found' by US troops in Afghanistan? From what I've read, there are serious doubts as to it's validity. And it certainly wouldn't be the first time the US government has fabricated attacks against itself to justify war...
What a loose load! The U.S. Government attacked it's own civilians and military? What could possibly be worth taking the risk of being found out? You must be quite a fanatic to make such a stupid statement. It can't all be stupidity, as you wouldn't have been able to type your reply if you were so stupid as to believe that crap on its face.
Old December 23, 2002, 22:53   #28
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:

I heard it was found by the SAS. Regardless, You remind me of that paranoid girl in The Dish who thought all Americans were in the employ of the CIA, including the one NASA guy who was there for the moon mission.

Of course, the moon mission is fake and it's being covered up by the same guys who're covering up Planet X

Go find a new horse.
Old December 23, 2002, 22:58   #29
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Of course, the moon mission is fake and it's being covered up by the same guys who're covering up Planet X

I always like a good laugh.
Old December 23, 2002, 23:00   #30
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

The person who most wants this to be a war on Islam instead of a war on terrorism is Osama Bin Laden. Sucsess in the War on Terrorism depends on empowering moderate moslems who do not supoprt terrorism and going after Al Queda.

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand