Old December 26, 2002, 10:01   #1
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 09:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1st PLAYTEST for 'de Historibus Europae ver0.2.1
This is a playtest of the next version of Historibus!

So far Yop73, Alibaster and Darius have expressed interest. So those three get first pick of civilizations. I will be any Civ except the Ottomans.

The playable Civ's are listed below. I will download the scenario tomorrow and begin emailing it to the participants then. This is not a public release!

Here is the synopsis of what this scenario is about, the changes from the first scenario include movement of some of the cities and the destacking of all forest hexes. There are probally others and I will update this post tomorow with the changes.

Please post your interest to play here and we will try to get a game going soon, hopefully this weekend.

Period: 1520-1721

The Middle ages are over, after 100 years of Renaissance conflict
is brewing in europe.

In the south the muslim Ottoman Empire is rapidly expanding its
sphere of influence and it seems to be but a matter of time
before the gates of Vienna are reached.

To the north, The Holy Roman Empire of German nation is begining to be torn appart by inner strife, a priest named Martin Luther has posted 95 theses protesting against the Pope, starting what quickly becomes known as the Protestant movement.
While the converts to this religion are numerous, many German Princes are quick to adapt this new religion not out of religious conviction but becouse it places them in command of the church of their country...

It seems only a matter of time before a the monarch of a major nation
will try to use this as a weapon in thier struggle to increase thier
power of thier own people.

In the far north in desperate attempts to reform the Calmar Union united around a danish monarch, Kristian II forever to be remembered as "the tyrant" by the Swedish people, orders the execution of every leading
Swedish noble man after conquering the capital of Stockholm.

However unrest is growing and a young nobleman named Gustav Erikson Vasa leads a peasent revolt against the Danes, soon reconquering Stockholm and throwing out the Danish armies.

In both Spain and the Austria the mighty Habsburg family in an effort to unify their holdings, has appointed the same man to lead the countries.
In Spain the crowning of a foreigner has resulted in nothing but resentment, soon enough several major cities are revolting against thier new king.
However these revolts are both losely lead and ill coordinated, they are doomed to fall within short...

In northern Spain a French invassion army has been sighted, and another French army is headed for the Italian city state of Milan...

Playlist: (Edited 28 Jan 03)

Denmark: yop73

Ottoman Empire: jim panse

Austria: conmcb25

France: Yaroslav

Spain: El Awrence

England: Darius

Sweden: FiGu

PBEM map (this was made by Grotghar for the old 30 years war pbem and then edited for new borders by me btw) : See the other Historibus Thread for a map of this scenario.

Last edited by conmcb25; January 28, 2003 at 13:00.
Old December 26, 2002, 20:53   #2
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 08:15
Yep, the shopkeepers for me.
Old December 26, 2002, 21:04   #3
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 10:15
Mememememememe. Spain.
Old December 27, 2002, 04:15   #4
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 15:15
hmm... Sweden to me.

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old December 27, 2002, 07:36   #5
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
Is France still open?
If not, Denmark would be fine too.

Also I've no idea who the shopkeepers might be Always thought the Netherlands are the guys with the huge sense for business but there aren't any in sight here.

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.
Old December 27, 2002, 07:53   #6
yop73
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 14:15
I want to play Danmark. (unless those are the shopkeepers Darius is referring to)
Old December 27, 2002, 09:36   #7
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Shopkeepers are the British, refering to there economic control of the world at one time.
Old December 27, 2002, 09:39   #8
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Looks like Ill take Austria, and where is Alibaster, Bill are you out there?

Do you want the Ottomans?
Old December 27, 2002, 10:04   #9
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

still any slots open for me to join?
Old December 27, 2002, 10:19   #10
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by jim panse
still any slots open for me to join?
POssibly the Ottomans, I have yet to hear from Alibaster, if I dont hear from him in the next 12 hours, the Ottomans are yours!
Old December 27, 2002, 10:39   #11
jim panse
King

thanx
Old December 27, 2002, 12:21   #12
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Good luck everyone!
Be sure to post if you find any bugs
Old December 27, 2002, 13:36   #13
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Shopkeepers are the British, refering to there economic control of the world at one time.
Well they weren't in economic control of the world this early.
Old December 27, 2002, 14:58   #14
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK everyone post your emails here in this thread and I will email you the scenario. Let me know if you want the scenario files only or scenario files and sound.

Scenario files are 1.01 Meg

Sound files are 2.97 Meg!

And these are zipped.

Last edited by conmcb25; December 27, 2002 at 15:07.
Old December 27, 2002, 15:20   #15
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

For FiGu and Darius, use this new Rules.TXT file, just copy over your old one.

Dont ask just do it please!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip rules.zip (9.2 KB, 5 views)
Old December 27, 2002, 15:43   #16
yop73
Prince

Scen only to yop73@hotmail.com
Old December 27, 2002, 16:24   #17
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by yop73
Scen only to yop73@hotmail.com
OK files to yop, darius and figu who is next?

And the Danish go first so go ahead and start us out Yop.
Old December 27, 2002, 17:36   #18
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25 Dont ask just do it please!
Wait what is this? I want to know what the changes are! I won't load it until you thoroughly explain it to me!
Old December 27, 2002, 17:40   #19
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Ask Henrik, all I know is a few numbers were changed, I dont know which ones, and the catholic nations have one free unit now before they have to pay support sheilds.

Im just a puppet, not the master.

And everyone else will be using the updated rules.txt.....

So there
Old December 27, 2002, 18:00   #20
yop73
Prince

I haven't recieved the files yet. Have you already sent it?
Old December 27, 2002, 18:03   #21
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Yes to hotmail adress about 90 minutes ago
Old December 27, 2002, 19:26   #22
Galvatron
Prince

Scen only plz to:
montcalm262@hotmail.com

Old December 27, 2002, 19:29   #23
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Galvatron
Scen only plz to:
montcalm262@hotmail.com
Sent Galvy!
Old December 27, 2002, 21:06   #24
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 10:15
*points to sig*

Just the scenario please
Old December 27, 2002, 21:17   #25
Galvatron
Prince

Sorry I haven't received the file.

Old December 27, 2002, 21:25   #26
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I think that I'm late to take part on this PBEM, but If I can play, I'll do.

My email is

javiermunozkNOSPAM@eresmas.com

without the NOSPAM, of course
Old December 28, 2002, 04:00   #27
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

The changes in that rules file is to make artillery units more expensive (for some reason I had them way too cheap before)
Old December 28, 2002, 06:41   #28
jim panse
King

is the ottoman slot still open? would be very kind to know
Old December 28, 2002, 07:29   #29
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

For Galvy and Yop. I FINALLY got the message last night that both your emails were rejected. Dam hotmail.!

So we are going to try something else:
Galvy and Yop look at your PM's in about 10 minutes.
Old December 28, 2002, 07:41   #30
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

jim panse you are in as the Ottomans

I just sent you a PM for how to get the file.