Old December 28, 2002, 07:48   #31
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 09:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
El Awrence I sent you an email on how to get the file
Old December 28, 2002, 07:50   #32
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Here is the current playlist:

Denmark: yop73

Ottoman Empire: jim panse

Austria: conmcb25

France: Galvatron

Spain: El Awrence

England: Darius

Sweden: FiGu

Yop starts us out!

And I believe everyone has the information on how to get the file.

Remember this is a playtest! There could be problems and possibly restarts. Share any comments, suggestions here as you play along.

Old December 28, 2002, 07:52   #33
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

For Yaroslav and Alibaster (If he still wants to play)

I would be willing to start and play in a second playtest if you both still want to do this one. Pleae let me know.
Old December 28, 2002, 07:54   #34
yop73
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 14:15
Uh, the events file didn't work, and the forts are visible all over the map. And the rules file also doesn't work.

Old December 28, 2002, 07:59   #35
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by yop73
Uh, the events file didn't work, and the forts are visible all over the map. And the rules file also doesn't work.

Hmmmmmmm, Ill get ahold of Henrik, Ive been so busy trying to get this going, I haven't even opened the file yet.
Old December 28, 2002, 08:02   #36
yop73
Prince

Well, I got the events file to work.
But the terrain 2 file still doesn't work. The terrain 1 file however does work.
Old December 28, 2002, 08:05   #37
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Dam it didn't work for me either!

Ill get ahold of Henrik.
Old December 28, 2002, 08:19   #38
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Very strange, the scenario is working fine for me (and the old version still works fine in the other playtest).

What did you do to the events to get them to work?

Would you like to take an ingame screenshot for me (showing which terrains work and which ones doesnt as well as forts, etc)?

The files that seem to be malfunctioning (graphic files) are strangely enough the ones I have not changed from the old veriso and thus they shouldnt affect things.
Old December 28, 2002, 08:36   #39
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
Hmm everything works fine for me do we all have the same version?

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.
Old December 28, 2002, 08:39   #40
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Strangely enough I get entirely different error messages from Yop and steve.

Yop has trouble with the events and the graphics.
Steve cannot load the scenario at all if I understand his email correctly.
Galvatron is having no problems at all
Maybe the zip you two (Steve and Yop) downloaded got corrupted?
Old December 28, 2002, 08:48   #41
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Henrik

Everyone downloaded from your website. I was having trouble emailing the scenario to EVERYONE.

Yop and I will try again.

Yop try to download again.

So will I
Old December 28, 2002, 09:07   #42
yop73
Prince

About the events: I forgot to copy the rules file into the folder, and after I did that, the events file worked.

The problem with the graphics doesn't have however nothing to do with that.
Old December 28, 2002, 09:11   #43
yop73
Prince

Well, after redownloading the file, everything works fine.
Old December 28, 2002, 09:13   #44
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Which Rules?

Isnt the downloaded scenario complete?

Mine seems to be.

I got rules, pedia, events, games.txt files, etc all in the scenario folder.

And after downloading it again it seems to work graphics and all.

So I dont know what you are doing yop you will have to ask Henrik. But I do know all the scenario files have to be in one folder under the scenario directory in Civ II.

Old December 28, 2002, 09:15   #45
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK Last post obsolete.

Well Yop start us out whenever you get a chance, it is the mysteries of the internet..............

Glad it is working now!
Old December 28, 2002, 09:26   #46
Henrik
Emperor

Atleast it appears things work fine now, which would suggest there wasn't anything wrong with my files

Oh and I suggest playing at the king rather than the prince level with this scenario, should work fine anyway as I have optimized it for pbems

/me makes a note to add this to the readme and labels/game.txt files.

Last edited by Henrik; December 28, 2002 at 09:31.
Old December 28, 2002, 10:17   #47
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:15
ok, thanks for letting me participate in your game. i just downloaded the europe21.zip file and the rules.zip from page 2.

let me see if it works ....
Old December 28, 2002, 10:20   #48
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
For Yaroslav and Alibaster (If he still wants to play)

I would be willing to start and play in a second playtest if you both still want to do this one. Pleae let me know.
I want to play
Old December 28, 2002, 10:24   #49
jim panse
King

ok, i now unzipped all the files and it works without prompting. i just had a first look on it and it seems to be fine.

have you ever heard/played the scenario about charles V of Spain, roman emperor, king of spain and german king? it looks a bit like the "Carolus V." scenario. anyway, letīs get this party started !!!
Old December 28, 2002, 10:32   #50
Henrik
Emperor

Yes I have, I even know the author of Carolus Invictissimus.
As the scenarios start at the same point the political situation *should* be about the same
The scenario theme, map, length, graphics and tech tree are totaly different tough
Old December 28, 2002, 10:43   #51
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav

I want to play
Yaro

I will start a second thread just for you my friend.

Anyone else who wants to play a second PBEM of this look for another thread.
Old December 28, 2002, 16:51   #52
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 10:15
First impressions:

Church and Cathedral: Why is the 'church' more pacifying than the cathedral?

Several cities in Spain couldn't support a lot of units

The correct spelling for peasent is peasant. I also think the correct spelling for arquebuiser is harquebusier or arquebusier.

Of the trade divisions, call 'Other' something like Tithes or similar... Piety or something.
Old December 29, 2002, 05:36   #53
jim panse
King

the mints you mentioned (Reichstaller) would be better spelled "Reichsthaler". (iīm austrian, my motherlanguague is german)

just for accuracy it would be better i suggest.

Old December 29, 2002, 05:54   #54
Henrik
Emperor

Thought I corrected those typos earlier

As for Spain, that's becouse of the last minute change to make catholic civs suport less free units, I'll fix it right away (as nobody has played their first turn yet).
Old December 29, 2002, 05:56   #55
Henrik
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
Of the trade divisions, call 'Other' something like Tithes or similar... Piety or something.
Other is short for something longer, check out your tax screen
Old December 29, 2002, 06:14   #56
Henrik
Emperor

I've updated the main download, but here are the modified files:
Just overwrite your old files of the same name with these zipped files
Attached Files:
File Type: zip updatedfiles.zip (99.6 KB, 14 views)
Old December 29, 2002, 10:00   #57
yop73
Prince

Danish troops take up positions near Lubeck. They will try to conquer the city.

Demark proposes a peace-treaty with the Swedes. No demands, no payments, no nothing, just peace.

REMARKS:
Henrik: your placement of the cities in the Low Countries is not really realistic. Antwerp should really border the sea (as it does in real life) and it also should have the center of trade. (it was the most important harbor in the entire region at that time).
I would advise you to remove Ostend, and to place Antwerp at that location and to move Brussels one square to the northeast.

NOTE:
The PBEM is started on King level. (Henrik said the scen was optimised for that) I hope noone disagees.
Attached Files:
File Type: net danish1520.net (439.5 KB, 1 views)
Old December 29, 2002, 10:20   #58
Henrik
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by yop73
REMARKS:
Henrik: your placement of the cities in the Low Countries is not really realistic. Antwerp should really border the sea (as it does in real life) and it also should have the center of trade. (it was the most important harbor in the entire region at that time).
I would advise you to remove Ostend, and to place Antwerp at that location and to move Brussels one square to the northeast.
Antwerp could possibly have been placed on the forest to the north west of where it is now (you're right it should have a port or atleast be on a river ;-o), to place it where Ostende is would be too far west ihmo.
I didn't make it a Centre of Trade to avoid having too many in the Spanish Netherlands (ie gameplay reasons) but that may change in future versions as it certainly qualifies for one (for now I suggest you just play on though)...

Oh and I'd be carefull about attacking the HRE, as the readme states war will automatically be declared on Austria should you take any cities that are part of the Holy Roman Empire...
(Then again one can allways make a non-agression agreement with Austria before attacking )

Last edited by Henrik; December 29, 2002 at 10:38.
Old December 29, 2002, 11:30   #59
jim panse
King

Sultan Suleyman vows for expansion into the Balkans!
Sultan Suleyman is willing to let the european dukes and lords know that he has decided to rid the world from those who are not in the House of Islam.

btw, why the "Supply and Demand" function isnīt working? i wanted to learn where to send my merchants but it wonīt worked?
Attached Files:
File Type: net turn1.net (439.5 KB, 1 views)
Old December 29, 2002, 11:38   #60
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
Re: Sultan Suleyman vows for expansion into the Balkans!
Quote:
Originally posted by jim panse
why the "Supply and Demand" function isnīt working? i wanted to learn where to send my merchants but it wonīt worked?
No problem we don't want to trade with you anyway you lousy heathen

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.