Old December 26, 2002, 18:51   #1
Kerianseray
Settler

Local Time: 13:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Multiplayer Gaming
heya guys. i'm new here and i am trying to start a new game. if you could please give me some directions that would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Kerian.
Old December 27, 2002, 13:36   #2
Fido Dido
Warlord

i would be interested in having a MP-game, playing as University, tho i dont know quite how to set one up...
Old December 27, 2002, 17:29   #3
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 09:17
Heah Guys,
I can set up a game for you, if you wish. However, first I would need to know the settings that you would like to have (i.e. size of Planet, difficulty level of the AI you prefer, SMAXC or SMAC, percentage of cloud cover, land to ocean ratio, steal tech when conquer base, etc.). Also, how many human players do you want, as I see that vee4437 is also looking for a game right now, as well, so maybe you'd want to invite him if your looking for more human players.
Also, since this is going to be a PBEM game, here is Dreifel's website for playing a PBEM turn, complete with screenshots for each step: http://1st-euro.net/AC/multiplayer.html

Once you post your preferences to this thread (and all parties agree to the choices) I'll begin working on the scenario, and it'll take me the better part of a week to ensure everything is right. FYI.
Also, if your looking for another good website to play PBEM's at, here is the Civgaming site, www.civgaming.net/forums
This has the SMAC Academy at it, which has some really good tips for enhancing your playing skills. FYI.

D

-=Vel=-
Old December 27, 2002, 19:22   #4
Fido Dido
Warlord

well I'm on SMAC, so it'll havta be a just a SMAC game.

i prefer the most land on a large to huge planet and the densest cloud cover, but i'm not too bothered about the others.

and that would be damn nifty if you would set one up.
Old December 28, 2002, 05:21   #5
Cyurus
Settler

I'm alos interested in a multiplayer game, having never tried one before myself. I'll go with hive if that's all right.
Old December 28, 2002, 20:04   #6
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

OK, so far the factions are Fido Dido as the Uni's, and Cyurus as The Hive.

Based upon feedback so far, this is how I currently plan on setting up the map/ game:

Game: SMAC

Huge Map

Ocean 30-50% (I'll do some sculpting of the map to ensure good starting locations for all)

Average Erosion

Average Native Life

Dense Cloud Cover

Spoils of War: steal tech when conquering base

No Unity Survey

Victory by:
Transcend
Conquest
Diplomatic
Economic
Cooperative

All of the above is open for debate. Also, to expedite the early game, I plan on giving each player 3 Colony Pods (CP's), 3 Scouts, and a Former, unless somebody does not want this - just let me know. Finally, typically for turnage reasons, 3-4 players are best for PBEM's (any more players and turnage drops to about one turn/ week). You guys let me know if you want to wait for a 4th player, or if you wish to start immediately, which I will then start setting up the map/ options.

D

-=Vel=-
Old December 28, 2002, 20:18   #7
vee4473
King

Local Time: 08:17
i'm in
Old December 28, 2002, 20:28   #8
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

OK, welcome aboard vee4437! We now have 4 players, so I'd recommend that this is enough, and I will start setting up the map once I get feedback from each of you as far as whether the options I've listed are acceptable or not. Also I still need to know which SMAC Factions vee4437 and Kerianseray are going to play.
Finally, I will need passwords from each of the players: I will then be the holder for the passwords, so if anyone drops out, you can get a replacement and I can provide the password to the replacement. When you get the chance, E-Mail me the password each of you will want for playing your turns. My E-Mail address is dnandal@twcny.rr.com

Oh yes, also most games have a unique name for the thread used for logging game turnage. If any of you have suggestions, please let me know so that when I start your Game thread, I know what to name it.

D

-=Vel=-
Old December 28, 2002, 20:32   #9
vee4473
King

i want to be the university.

i'm new at this
Old December 28, 2002, 20:34   #10
vee4473
King

i'm fine with the settings
Old December 28, 2002, 20:38   #11
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by vee4473
i want to be the university.

i'm new at this
Fido Dido's already claimed the Uni's. Any other factions you enjoy playing?

-=Vel=-
Old December 28, 2002, 20:43   #12
Fido Dido
Warlord

yarr, those settings be alrights, says i..

and the starting units are great too!

I'm emailing you my password now
Old December 28, 2002, 20:58   #13
vee4473
King

thanks Darsnan

I only play university. damn!

maybe next game

good luck to all in your game!
Old December 28, 2002, 21:26   #14
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Heah vee437,
sorry to hear about that! However, you can always post @ Civgaming to start games, as well. I've just had a couple of games finish up, so if your looking for a CGN Tournament Game, post at www.civgaming.net/forums your Uni preference, then I'll sign up for the game as well, and I'm sure that there are a couple of others that'll respond, and we'll have a game started pronto!

D

D

-=Vel=-
Old December 30, 2002, 01:21   #15
Cyurus
Settler

The Settings sound good to me.
Old December 30, 2002, 07:26   #16
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

OK, Cyurus, just remember to send me your choice of password when you get the chance.
Still haven't heard anything more from Kerianseray, so don't know if he accepts the settings or not. Also, if we don't get any more players shortly, I'd say we run with 3 players instead.

D

-=Vel=-
Old December 31, 2002, 00:25   #17
H0bbes
Emperor

Local Time: 15:17
I'm in. I'll take PK's or if Keriansay wants those, the Spartans. Personally I'd prefer a large rather than huge map as it takes forever to contact others but I can live with huge if that's the consensus.

http://zanature.wordpress.com
Old December 31, 2002, 06:29   #18
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

OK, welcome aboard H0bbes! Also, I think 4 is enough players. However, I still have heard nothing from Kerianseray as far as Faction preference or password. So I guess we wait until I hear from him.

D

-=Vel=-
Old January 3, 2003, 18:28   #19
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

OK, I still have not heard anything from Kerianseray. If everybody wants, I can set up a game with just 3 players, and if Kerianseray replies later, I can start an additional 4 player game as well. Let me know what you guys want, and I'll go from there.

D

-=Vel=-
Old January 3, 2003, 18:42   #20
Fido Dido
Warlord

Yup, 3 player is fine with me.
Old January 4, 2003, 10:54   #21
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 14:17
Hello guys I would be interested in joining. If Kerianseray replies quickly I 'll bow out. If not I take the Spartans.
Old January 4, 2003, 11:33   #22
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Heah Herc,
welcome aboard! Since I still have heard nothing from Kerianseray, why I am going to start building the game using the Spartans. I'll probably Playtest the game tonight and hopefully send it out tomorrow evening(Sunday). FYI.
Herc: please E-Mail me your prefered Password for this game.

D

-=Vel=-
Old January 4, 2003, 20:57   #23
Cyurus
Settler

I'm ready to go with 3. . .
Old January 4, 2003, 21:02   #24
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Cyurus
I'm ready to go with 3. . . [/QUOTEAre]

Heah Cyurus,
are you saying that you don't want Hercules to play in this game? Please let me know so that we can discuss, as currently I'm setting up the game for 4 (i.e. including Herc).

D

-=Vel=-
Old January 5, 2003, 23:35   #25
Cyurus
Settler

Oh sorry for the confusion, I'm ready to go with whoever is ready to play. I think the thread wrap confused me and I was replying to an earlier post there.

take care,
-- Cyurus
Old January 6, 2003, 17:05   #26
Cyurus
Settler

So are we ready to go then? Is anything else needing to be finalized?
Old January 6, 2003, 19:19   #27
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

I'm working on the map now. Depending on far along I get, I may get it out tonite, tomorrow definately.
Only thing I need is Cyurus's E-Mail address to post in the thread, and a name for this game: any suggestions?

D

-=Vel=-
Old January 6, 2003, 22:02   #28
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 14:17
From Fido above 'Damn Nifty'
Old January 7, 2003, 13:00   #29
Cyurus
Settler

mkatzberg@yahoo.com for my current e-mail.
Old January 7, 2003, 17:55   #30
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

OK, the game is complete except for that I need to know which free tech the Uni's want. As soon as I get this from Fido Dido, I'll send the game out to Cyurus. FYI.

D

-=Vel=-