Old February 19, 2003, 08:58   #91
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
London taken, British Premier Churchill missed only by minutes!
Berliner Zeitung - Berlin/Vienna/London: As the German High Command of the Wehrmacht (OKW) made public that London, the capital of Germany´s left enemy has been taken in a joint operation of Army Groups A under the command of Field Marshal Gerd von Rundstedt und Army Group B commanded by Field Marshal Fedor von Bock in the second week of September.

Von Rundstedt´s Army Group A has conducted military operations in Southern England for more than six weeks lead the first wave of attackers into the outskirts and docks of London. Von Bock´s Army Group B arrived just in time to take part in the "Race for Buckingham Palace". Due to the limited German transport capacities Army Group B was transferred to England on September 6.

Finally Stormtroops of the 2nd SS Division "Das Reich" and elite forces of the 4th Army - commanded by the victor of Sedan, Field Marshal Werner von Kluge - arrived simultanously at the gates of Buckingham Palace.
The Führer Adolf Hitler gratulated all his "... Soldiers, Pilots, Seamen for this [...] excellent joint operation ..." and annouced that "... though we are victorious we will not fall to the hubris [...] Germany asks England how long our senseless fight between our two great people shall last. I ask if you want to make peace, Mr Churchill. Not because Germany has lost the war but to make sure that our children have a common future [...] Germany sees this as its duty before history. We don´t want to be at war with you any longer [...] This is your chance to stop all the mess that we are in today."

All of Germany thanks for its Führer and his goodwill to live in peace with all mankind. Germany thinks that England will accept the offered armistice within the next 2-3 days. Germany will not advance on all fronts further for the next two weeks as a sign of goodwill and to show the people of England that this war could be ended by a small sign of goodwill shown by the british goverment.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 3rdreich_1940sep.net (259.1 KB, 2 views)
Old February 19, 2003, 12:57   #92
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 13:27
The Emperor of Japan is displeased,upon hearing that our valiant allies have proposed a peace treaty to the British criminals.

Already preperations had been made for the upcoming link up of the Imperial Army with the Deutse Afrika Korps in Iraq.

However Japan is determined to fight alone against the English vermin and their Chinese lackies. If however the peace agreement goes through, then the thousand years long Reich should expect the same attitude when they decide to campaign against the Jewish Bolsevikism.
Old February 19, 2003, 13:06   #93
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Quote:
All of Germany thanks for its Führer and his goodwill to live in peace with all mankind. Germany thinks that England will accept the offered armistice within the next 2-3 days. Germany will not advance on all fronts further for the next two weeks as a sign of goodwill and to show the people of England that this war could be ended by a small sign of goodwill shown by the british goverment.
We will accept that Armstice if you retreat from London and from the British isles!

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old February 19, 2003, 17:35   #94
jim panse
King

German Offers
Quote:
We will accept that Armstice if you retreat from London and from the British isles!
Germany is willing to withdraw all its forces from the British Isles within the next three months.

Germany just wants some guarantees. You all know that the world is good but Men is not.

- Germany wants the restauration of our once owned colonies.
- Germany wants binding guarantees from the british government concerning our future relations. We suggest a Non-Attack Pact and a common guarantee of our borders. Germany is willing to defend the United Kingdom against any kind of threats of any kind.

Germany also wants to inform Her Majesty´s Government that peace with Germany must also mean peace with The Empire of Japan - to their conditions. The Empire of Japan and Germany signed a treaty forbidding any kind of seperate peace treaties. We hope that Mr Churchill understands this ...

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++

Germany also wants to inform the US that this is a conflict between the United Kingdom and the German Empire. This war is not a war should join. Be advised that this is not a warning like your ultimatum some weeks ago. Just an information.

-End of transmission-
Old February 20, 2003, 10:43   #95
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Quote:
- Germany wants the restauration of our once owned colonies.
hmm.. you will maybe get the Bismarck Islands and the Northern part of Guinea. and for the Japanese part he can keep Hong Kong but not any other British City in Asia. Thoose Demands that the Japanese made were riddicolus (Really Palaiologos think again. It is just like i would on a another PBEM ask you to give all your troops and your money.... to me) So you get to keep HongKong and you have free rights to conquer whole China. The British wont stand in your way anymore.
If this Peace agreement will go well.. we might even join the Axis. If the japanese wont get another city than Hong Kong.

(And also how did you get so many Units to South England?? You have only one transport in the beginning...)

End of the British Message!!!

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!

Last edited by FiGu; February 20, 2003 at 10:58.
Old February 20, 2003, 22:19   #96
jim panse
King

awaiting the respons of the USA ...
Old February 21, 2003, 14:44   #97
jim panse
King

British-German Peace Treaty signed! The war in Europe is over (for now)
Edingburgh/London/Berlin/Rome - Hundreds of journalists and spectators came together as today the peace treaty ending this "accidental war" between "these two great powers". The Führer and Reichskanzler came himself together with the highes-ranking officers of the Wehrmacht. Together with the British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and his government they signed the treaty at 1:32 pm.

"The german demands were not that inacceptable and Britain wishes to live in peace with our neighbors", the Prime Minister was quoted. Also the Führer praised this agreement: "This is the first step towards a New World Order. A World Order that will make this world more safe and prosperous. This treaty also marks the final line under the mess Europe was suffering after the Treaty of Versailles."

Together with this peace treaty Great Britain returns Germany its once-owned colonies. Nairobi in Africa, Port Moresby and Rabaul in the Far East and Frederikshab in Greenland are about to return under german rule within the next 12 months. Leaders of both Nations also signed a mutual defense pact, called the "Stainless Steel Pact" by cynical commentators .

Also both leading persons called President Roosevelt to take his impertinent ultimatum back because the war is over. Germany will return London within the next 3 months due to Germany´s transport capabilities.
Old February 21, 2003, 17:35   #98
greeny
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Stalin sits back to wait and see how these new international relations play out.

If this amount of a-historical shenanigins is going on, should we not switch to the dictator mge-open season event.txt? So that there is resrictions on negotiations, and alliances can be made/broken at will?

Changing the event. txt should not cause any problems.
So if we can agree, here is the open season event.txt just put it in your dictator folder replacing the other one.
Attached Files:
File Type: txt events.txt (17.0 KB, 3 views)
Old February 21, 2003, 18:26   #99
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Trickery!!
Upon hearing the peace terms the Emperor of Japan was infuriated!.

Our German allies have betrayed the cause of the axis and signed a peace treaty with the British opressors.

Moreover the English promised something they do not own.
The city of Rabaul is already under Japanese control and Port Moresby is under siege from the Imperial navy, bound to fall next month!

This double trickery from foes and allies shall not go unpunished. Already a delegation has been sent to our Soviet trading partners....

We urge for the last time the Furher to cease negotiations with the British. Even if the Germany finally agrees to a peace treaty we warn them not to join the allied camp.

The Emperor is confident that Japan can handle the Commonwealth forces by its own.

However the response of the USA is of great interest to us. Grand admiral Pericles is sure the USA and the Japanese Empire can come to a mutual understanding.
Old February 21, 2003, 18:29   #100
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by greeny
Stalin sits back to wait and see how these new international relations play out.

If this amount of a-historical shenanigins is going on, should we not switch to the dictator mge-open season event.txt? So that there is resrictions on negotiations, and alliances can be made/broken at will?

Changing the event. txt should not cause any problems.
So if we can agree, here is the open season event.txt just put it in your dictator folder replacing the other one.

I am pretty sure that the soviet Union will benefit most from this change, since they do not enter the war for about 15 more turns!.

i however agree since it is a game and all participants should have fun.
Old February 21, 2003, 18:33   #101
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Simply put, if the USA refrain from attacking the Empire of Japan for the next 5 turns, the Japanese authorities will offer them the sum of 5.000 gold and as many TECHs as they can handle. After the 5 turns have passed the USA will not be bound by the treaty and can attack any nation they want, including Japan.
Old February 21, 2003, 21:00   #102
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Re: German Offers
Quote:
Originally posted by jim panse
We suggest a Non-Attack Pact and a common guarantee of our borders. Germany is willing to defend the United Kingdom against any kind of threats of any kind.

Hmm....????

Do i smell treason?
Old February 22, 2003, 06:08   #103
FiGu
Prince

Palaiologos... i can give you Rangoon,Kuala Lumpur,Tarkan and some Technologys.
and plz could you retreat from Rabaul and Port Moresby

The Only thing we want is Peace!!!!

Old February 22, 2003, 08:27   #104
greeny
Prince

Can we agree that Palaiologos and subsequent players download the new events.txt before they play their turn? It's the only thing that makes sense since that way you can actualy make peace with other players!
Old February 22, 2003, 09:22   #105
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

I for my part have already downloaded the new events.txt, and will replace the old one if everybody agrees.

I know that i and greeny agree, but what about the others?
Old February 22, 2003, 09:32   #106
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by FiGu
Palaiologos... i can give you Rangoon,Kuala Lumpur,Tarkan and some Technologys.
and plz could you retreat from Rabaul and Port Moresby

The Only thing we want is Peace!!!!

Rangoon and Kuala Lumpur are going to fall next turn anyway, and Tarkan won't last much longer either.

However if you added Singapoore, Calcutta, Surabaya and Ambon i could agree to a 10-turn cease fire. I want no techs.

I will withdraw of course from Rabaul and Port Moresby upon the agreement of the peace treaty.

Even if the Japanese-British treaty does not go through, Japanese troops will still withdraw from Rabaul and Port Moresby so as not to pose an obstacle to German negotiations. But that will happen in four turns.

BTW how exactly are those cities going to pass in German control? They are way too far to be captured by a German unit, and as far as i know cities can not be offered in negotiations.
Old February 22, 2003, 09:43   #107
yop73
Prince

Local Time: 14:27
2 possibilities:

-Meet online and British gift the cities to the Germans
-Use Civdip and gift the cities to the Germans

Old February 22, 2003, 09:50   #108
FiGu
Prince

i think that we will use Civdip.

Old February 22, 2003, 13:57   #109
jim panse
King

i also donwloadeed the events. shall we use this new file? to me it´s ok if it´s ok for you
Old February 22, 2003, 14:00   #110
FiGu
Prince

hmmm I think that we need a replacement for USA. Valuk have not posted since 13-02.

Old February 22, 2003, 14:09   #111
jim panse
King

yeah
Old February 22, 2003, 14:16   #112
FiGu
Prince

Quote:
However if you added Singapoore, Calcutta, Surabaya and Ambon i could agree to a 10-turn cease fire. I want no techs.
Why only 10 turns????

Old February 22, 2003, 15:21   #113
greeny
Prince

It's Palaiologos' turn next not Valuks, we need one more vote for the events change for a majority and then Palaiologos can play his turn.
Old February 22, 2003, 18:37   #114
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by greeny
It's Palaiologos' turn next not Valuks, we need one more vote for the events change for a majority and then Palaiologos can play his turn.

It is not my turn!

After Greeny, it is me-the last player.

Then the sequence begins anew. Germans, Americans etc... corect?

Since the Germans have played, it is the american's turn(Valuk).

About a replacement i do not know. After all Valuk started the PBEM. However if all the rest agree i will agree too

What is Civdip?.
Old February 22, 2003, 18:42   #115
greeny
Prince

oops, my bad. I got confused it is Valuks turn next.
Old February 25, 2003, 11:13   #116
FiGu
Prince

Bump!!!!

Old February 25, 2003, 13:56   #117
jim panse
King

yeah, good idea FiGu. B.U.M.P.
Old February 25, 2003, 14:26   #118
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

First of all do we all agree on the new events file? I think we do and i have already replaced it.

Instead of BUMPing, i think one should send a PM to Valuk or open a thread for a replacement. I have send enough PMs and i as am currently away from home with extremely limited access to internet to open a thread.

I will do so when i get back in a few days.
Old February 25, 2003, 17:33   #119
jim panse
King

yep. it´s time to replace him if he won´t appear within the next 48 hours.
Old February 28, 2003, 15:52   #120
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Ok i have sent a PM to Valuk. I suggest we wait for him to reply.