Old February 28, 2003, 00:00   #91
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 08:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
(I accidentaly played 2 extra turns, hope you don't mind. )

Not too much happened, but here are the highlights:

1828: Comrade Jonny comes to power.

1830: We are able to get peace with the Babylonians, nothing was given by either side.

1836: The Ottomans build Hoover Dam in Damascus, even though an earlier investigation of the city revealed that they were over 100 turns away from building it! They must have had a great leader in reserve. Comrade Jonny gets mad. Also, the Babylonians offer us a Trade Embargo against the Germans. We sign, to try and improve relations with Babylon and because we hate the Germans.

1838: We finish researching Combustion, and start researching Mass Production.

1842: Our Ivory deal ends, so we give Combustion to the Ottomans for Ivory, 198 gold, and 15 gold per turn.

1846: Our Fur deal expires, so we give Steel to the Zulus for Furs, 78 gold, and 15 gold per turn.

1850: We discover Mass Production, and start Motorized Transportation.

1858: We sell Mass Production to the Ottomans for... 210 Gold Per Turn!

1860: Motorized Transportation is discovered, we start researching Flight. Also, the Intelligence Agency is finished.

1868: Our first tank is built! Also, the city of Western Land is built in the old Persian territory, on the coast near us.

1870: The city of Persian Ruins is built near Western Land. Comrade Jonny dies when an extremely heavy bag of Ottoman gold pieces crushes him.

It is now chairmanmeow's turn.
The File:
Attached Files:
File Type: sav brennus of the celts, 1870 ad.sav (292.4 KB, 1 views)
Old February 28, 2003, 06:40   #92
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 14:38
Damned Ottomans

They shall pay for what they have done.... oh wait... they are already paying

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old March 3, 2003, 23:01   #93
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

chairmanmeow's turn has expired.

That would make it Giovanni's turn.
Old March 4, 2003, 08:08   #94
Giovanni Wine
King

it seems it is only you and me now Jonny, LOL

I shall play my turn either tonight or tomorrow afternoon

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old March 6, 2003, 18:52   #95
Giovanni Wine
King

1870: A spy have been planted in Berlin, we discover the Germans have a very strong defensive army, but their offensive army is composed only of 8 Cavalry and 2 Guerillas, compared to our 23 Cavalry and 4 Tanks, also we have a look at the Ottomans Army, and I must say that, even if the Ottomans are stronger, we are not too bad compared to them, considering they have many more cities to defend

1874: Flight discovered, we are heading towards Radio

1878: Got some deals going with the Ottomans

1888: We went to war with the Germans

1892: We captured Hamburg

1900: Frankfurt captured, Persian Ruins have been captured by the Germans.

1902: The first German panzer make his appearence, but it is later defeated by a tank, thehero has been called X Legio, and the general commanding that Tank, Orgentorix have been promoted to Great Leader status, and has been sent to Entremont (12 turns we are going to have Fission and the UN), Our Military Advisor reveal us the Germans have 3 more Panzers ready to be used

And now, as it is midnight here, I’m going to bed, it’s Jonny’s turn now, I’m sorry if I played only 16 turns, but I’m really too tired now

Saluti
Attached Files:
File Type: sav brennus - celts, 1902 d.c..sav (298.2 KB, 1 views)
Old March 7, 2003, 00:10   #96
Jonny

OK, I have the file.

By the way, Giovanni, do you have the American version or the Italian version of PTW?
Old March 7, 2003, 09:11   #97
Giovanni Wine
King

I have an hybrid.

I have the Italian Version of PTW running over the American version of Civ3, the morale is that I had to manually add some 200+ MB of files to my PTW files to be able to play it.

Anyway in my first page of PTW it says it's the Italian version.

Saluti
Old March 9, 2003, 01:20   #98
Jonny

It was in 1904 that Comrade Jonny came to power. His goal was to continue the war with Germany.

1906 came, and along with it came a blow to our war effort. The people of Frankfurt overthrew our rule and declared allegiance to the Germans. Frankfurt would remain part of Germany for 18 more years.

In 1908, Zeus also declared allegiance to Germany, just as Frankfurt did 2 years ago. On the other hand, we did recapture Persian Ruins from the Germans this year.

In 1910, we recapture Zeus. And in 1912, we capture Munich from the Germans (it's located in the old Persian lands.)

In the years 1914-1920, there are some battles, but no cities are lost or gained by either side.

Then in 1922, something big happens. The Ottomans declare war on us. They then immediately capture Munich and Persian Ruins. However, there is some good to this year: We discover Fission and rush-build United Nations.

In 1924, good and bad things happen. First, the good: Frankfurt is recaptured and the UN is built in Entremond. But, the bad news: Western Land is captured by the Ottomans and New Jonnyopolis is captured by the Germans.

Nothing large happens in 1926. But in 1928, we recapture New Jonnyopolis. Then, in 1930-32, nothing big happens either.

In 1934, 8 Ottoman units (Tanks and Sipahi) land north of Deseret. Tanks are taken from the German front to defeat these invaders. Thanks to the railroad system, they are able to defeat the Ottomans and return to the German front in the same turn.

In 1936, Hamburg overthrows us and flips to the Germans, but we immediately recapture it. We then capture the German city of Leipzig, and burn it to the ground. However, Comrade Jonny dies while personally leading the attack on Leipzig.

(Yes, I know that was only about 16 turns, but the turns are taking longer now.)

It's your turn, Giovanni.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav brennus of the celts, 1936 ad.sav (308.5 KB, 1 views)
Old March 11, 2003, 16:19   #99
Giovanni Wine
King

1936: General Giovanni Wine IX took power after the death of the great Comrade Jonny.
His first goal is to crush the Germans and end the war with them once and for all, and to move on against the evil Ottomans once the Germans will be destroyed. As such he prepare for a huge attack against Berlin itself

1938: During our attack in Berlin, our Elite Tank slaughtered alone 2 German infantry divisions, the brave Tank is ranamed Arditi, and the General commanding that Tank (Cataractus or something like that) division has been promoted to Great Leader status and sent to Entremont until new orders, thanks to him and other brave men Berlin is captured, this is a major blown for the Germans, but unfortunatly the German government managed to escape in Konigsberg, and continue its work from there.

1940: Some minor skirmishes with the Germans, a German attempted invasion in Jonnypolis is crushed, and our destroyer there sunked their transport once and for all. Unfortunatly the Ottomans also destroyed our invading force near Western Land, and almost sunked our Battleship there with heavy air bombing

1942 – 1944: Fighting with the Germans

1946: Nuremberg captured, we destroy the Germans only source of Carbon in Brandeburg, the Ottomans sign peace with us in eachange for 140 gold lump sum (that we give them) we accept, and we immediatly start a trade with them Gems and Incense for Dyes and Ivory

1948: As the Ottomans started building the Manhattan Project, we tell Entremont to build a similar project with the help of Cacaractus

1955: Konigsberg destroyed, the German government flees to Hannover

1956: The Ottomans declared war on us another time, while still into the 20 turns truce.
We capture Brandeburg (and renamed it Island of Sun)

1957: Berlin revolted and allied with the Germans, we captured Hannover, the German government, positive they will end up winning this war restored the capital back to Berlin

1958: Berlin recaptured, Bremen conquered, and renamed Island of Rain, The Germans only have 3 cities left in our continent, Bonn, Cologne (capital) and Stuttgart

1959: We captured Bonn

1960: Comrade Giovanni Wine IX is killed by an attack from a white warrior near Hannover (what the heck are barbarians doing still around in th 60s, are they some sort of hippies of what?)

Saluti
Attached Files:
File Type: sav brennus - celts, 1960 d.c..sav (316.5 KB, 1 views)
Old March 11, 2003, 16:22   #100
Giovanni Wine
King

Also Jonny, once we are done with Germany, should we try to bring Babylon and Zululand over to us (by bribing them, and making with them MPP and ROP), so to try to run for UN secretary general?

Because personally I think the Ottomans are just too strong and advanced, and it would be tough to destroy them, or beat them on the space race (diplomacy is our only chance I believe)

Saluti
Old March 11, 2003, 22:51   #101
Jonny

Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni Wine
Also Jonny, once we are done with Germany, should we try to bring Babylon and Zululand over to us (by bribing them, and making with them MPP and ROP), so to try to run for UN secretary general?

Because personally I think the Ottomans are just too strong and advanced, and it would be tough to destroy them, or beat them on the space race (diplomacy is our only chance I believe)

Saluti
You are right, the Ottomans are strong. However, everyone hates us, so it would take some heavy gifting to the Babs and Zulus to get a diplo victory. Thankfully, the Ottomans are just as hated as us.

I think we'll just see what happens.
Old March 14, 2003, 00:58   #102
Jonny

I didn't have a lot of time on my hands, so I only got through 12 turns...

In 1960 Comrade Jonny took power after Comrade Giovanni was killed by barbarians. Jonny's first goals were to kill the axe-wielding barbarians and to build cities where German cities once stood in order to keep Barbarians from reappearing.

In 1961, 2 cities were built in these former German territories. Also, we captured Stuttgart from the Germans, and in the battle we got a Great Leader, Boudicca. He was returned back to Entremont to await further orders.

In 1962, Cologne was taken from the Germans. Their capital qas moved to Karabuk on the other continent; the Germans were no longer present on our continent. We sign a peace treaty with the Germans. Ottoman forces land near Island of Rain. Also, more bad news: The Ottomans have built a Space Ship part.

In 1963, even though our defender fought greatly, the Ottomans capture Island of Rain. We will get it back soon... Also this year, Boudica was used to build the SETI Project.

1964 came, and the Seti Project was finished in Entremont.

1965 was a good year, as we recaptured Isle of Rain.

1966-1968 not much happened, other than small naval battles with the Ottomans.

In 1969, we give the city of Island of Sun to the Germans in an attempt to try and improve relations with them.

In 1970 not much happens.

In 1971 Comrade Jonny decides to hold a vote for UN Secretary-General. The 2 eligible candidates are us and the Ottomans. We vote for ourselves, the Ottomans vote for themselves, and the rest abstain. No winner is chosen.

Comrade Jonny, so distraught because he had not won the UN election, commits suicide.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav brennus of the celts, 1971 ad.sav (317.3 KB, 2 views)
Old April 1, 2003, 13:50   #103
Prince
Chieftain

Oh my, this is great. I still have tears in my eyes from laughing. Good job guys!

Anyone post some more screenshots? I'm really curious as to what the world looks like.
Old April 1, 2003, 22:20   #104
Jonny

Quote:
Originally posted by Prince
Oh my, this is great. I still have tears in my eyes from laughing. Good job guys!

Anyone post some more screenshots? I'm really curious as to what the world looks like.
Well, this game has been on hold and forgotten for a while, but when I get the chance (probably this weekend) I can post more screenshots, and I will finish the game up.
Old April 26, 2003, 12:49   #105
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 13:38
I have an SG up now, if you guys are interested

http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...threadid=84378

Join up!
Old May 3, 2003, 00:35   #106
rickontherun_21
Chieftain