Old January 4, 2003, 09:17   #1
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Pre-bill discussion: worker assimilation
What have we had so far? Discussions in several threads, two bills, an apparently illegal veto and still no positive outcome.
I suggest that we discuss a new bill. The object of this bill would be mainly to repeal all previous decisions. We will discuss the specifics of the plan to assimilate workers in Spiffor's thread and discuss the general details of the plan here. When we finally have a concensus, we'll post the finalized bill and approve it, and thus order will be restored.

Here's a preliminary list of things that need to be looked into:
* Deadline.
* Criteria for integrating workers.
* Amount and type of workers that we want to leave in the fields to improve the conquered German territories, clear occasional pollution and do jobs for the SMC when he requires such.
Any other ideas?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 4, 2003, 13:40   #2
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:43
Deadline: No deadline, IMO. The poll only showed a majority for integration after work was done; and that will depend on the amount of damaged German land we take, and also our future war plans.

Criteria: I don't think we really need any criteria; Spiffor seems to have a good system. But we could order that slaves from civs we're at war with should not be integrated (they'll just be unhappy). Also, we could have a detailed list of the order we want slaves integrated, like:
1. American and French
2. Greek, Russian, and Japanese
3. etc.
Old January 4, 2003, 14:06   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 07:43
What the heck, let's just disband all our workers in the jungle and be done with it. Will that make you people happy?
Old January 4, 2003, 18:30   #4
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 15:43
It will definitely be easier for me

More seriously :
If the veto should be considered illegal, I think the senate should simply pass a bill cancelling the pro-slavery bill.
You give me enough time to complete my worker integration plan, and I subject it to vote when it's ready.
Should it be accepted (and I sure hope so, since I intend to make it integrate all slaves while in the fashion best for Apolytonian economy, satisfying both hardcore emancipators and pragmatists), we get over it finally.
I think the debate is pretty much finished now. Except for WhiteBandit and Skywalker, I assume we are all in favor of a more-or-less reasonable emancipation.
I will take the more reasonable path : integrating slaves only when it is not detrimental to happiness of our cities (no way I integrate Roman workers as long as we're at war against them), and when it doesn't create high risk of cultural reversion.
I will also integrate as many natives as I can once slaves are integrated. I favor keeping approx 30 natives, because :
- according to my calculations, we need approx 25 natives during 2 turns to completely improve tiles near a conquered city (at least, in the 3 German cities for which I have done estimates)
- I assume having 30 workers for pollution cleaning will be enough

Once we get near to maximum population in our cities, it will be economically rational to integrate our nationals, and keep slaves in the fields. However, we might want to integrate RP at this time and refuse slavery altogether (I will vote in this direction as a player, but I will comply to the decision of the senate as a minister)
Old January 5, 2003, 01:02   #5
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 05:43
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Except for WhiteBandit and Skywalker, I assume we are all in favor of a more-or-less reasonable emancipation.
Well I am starting to see the ways. I did post a question in the other thread (before I even read this thread). Sorry if my arguments seem irrational! :P

And now that I've seen my name lumped with skywalker's, then hell. You can have whatever you want, just don't do that again!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)