Old December 5, 2000, 19:06   #31
Zonk
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
this topic brings to mind why this game is a classic and has (to me) the ultimate replay attraction. There are so many options and choices available. Not to mention the players style, necessity of style, map size, random placement on the map. Every game in the last two years has been an individual experience.

thats why I love these posts so much. I get the insight of other players (experienced or inexperienced), each with a unique perspective to add.
Old December 5, 2000, 19:14   #32
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

Local Time: 00:54
Hey, does the game give you any bonus if you choose to play Blind Research instead of directed? Likewise, with Steal Tech (when conquering base)?

Old December 7, 2000, 01:51   #33
hellrazor
Chieftain

I've only played 'single blind' so far, although I might try double blind sometime. I like having at least some control of what I'm researching. In some games, especially with research-heavy factions like the cyborgs and university, I've been able to get all the early SP's on transcend, but with factions like the believers and drones, it's almost impossible.

Just as a side note, how many other players try to get every single SP? I've never quite been able to build every single one, although I've usually always been able to capture all of them by the end of the game.
Old December 7, 2000, 02:54   #34
Sikander
King

Local Time: 21:54
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I have done it several times (build all of the SPs). I have never done it unless playing the University, though I've come surprisingly close with the Pirates. Usually I at least lose The Empath Guild or something before I can research the tech. If I am alone on my continent, I can usually rack up all of the rest as my economy gets into gear.

Has anyone noticed how sometimes the AI never seems to quite get into gear, while other times they are trading techs like mad and really giving you a run for your money? My last two games have been one of each extreme, even though all of the game settings and factions were identical. The 1st game I built every SP, and transcended before 2300, and in the second I have been getting strafed by needle jets (Planet Cult no less!) even while I was building the Skybase Academy. The second game should be interesting, as many of the AI factions are pacted, and every single one of them has been at war with me for decades. I look forward to giving them all a good pounding, as my economy is ready for military action.
Old December 7, 2000, 17:09   #35
tyler666
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy Game

Well personaly I like Blind because well say ur Lal and your some where all by yourself and you cant go Democratic its fun