Old December 8, 2000, 19:59   #1
tyler666
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy Game

Local Time: 04:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Early game expanison guide for my noobie brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OKAY FELLOW NOOBS LISTEN UP THE WAY YOU EXPAND QUICKLY IS AFTER YOU START YOUR FIRST BASE HAVE IT BULID ONE SCOUT PATROL FOR EXPLORATION THEN HAVE IT BULID 3 CLONY PODS FLLOWED BY A FORMER DO THIS AT EVERY BASE TILL YOUR EFFIC. WONT LET YOU EXPAND ANY MORE THAN FINE TUNE THESE BASES I.E BULID FACILTIES AND OF CORSE BETTER DEFENCES AND A STRONG BORDER DEFENCE ASSUMING YOU HAVE A GOOD SUPPORT VALUE OTHERWISE DONT WORRY AND IF UR ATTACKED THAN DEVOTE THOSE BASES TO MILLITARY PRODUCTION AND KNOCK THE AI'S INTO SURRENDER THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO BECOME THE SUPERPOWER EARLY ON

Tyler Messer
"FOR I AM A NOOB"
[This message has been edited by tyler666 (edited December 08, 2000).]
Old December 8, 2000, 20:35   #2
Tau Ceti
King

Local Time: 06:55
Tyler,

Newbies are always welcome here but if you expect someone to read your messages, please do not use all capitals. And one exclamation mark is usually enough. Thank you.
Old December 8, 2000, 20:37   #3
tyler666

OKAY A FEW THINGS TO TOUCH UP ON AFTER A CITY FOR FILLS ITS REQUIREMENTS BEEF UP DEFENCES FIRST AND OH YA IF YA DONT HAVE ROOM TO EXPAND EVEN IN EARLY GAME IF OTHER FACTIONS GET IN YOUR WAY EVEN THOUGH I MY SELF DONT APPROVE OF IT YOU MIGHT WANT TO DECLARE WAR ON THAT FACTION AND GET THEM TO AT LEAST SURRENDER AND IF YA HAF TO DESTORY THEM QUESTIONS COMMETS REPLY

Tyler Messer
"FOR I AM A NOOB"
Old December 9, 2000, 10:39   #4
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Tyler, this is an intelligent forum in which you don't get called a nerd if you use punctuation, believe it or not.
Old December 9, 2000, 11:35   #5
tyler666

Dear people who replyed,

Thank you for your ******* remarks ,it dose my heart good to know there are people out there who care your friend Tyler Messer.

Tyler Messer
"For you guys suck ass"
Old December 10, 2000, 21:01   #6
WhiteElephants
King

Local Time: 23:55
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Does anyone else find it odd that a newbie is giving other newbies advice?

Anyway, a couple of comments since you asked for them.

I TYPICALLY RUSH BUILD A FORMER BEFORE I START ON A COLONY POD IN ORDER TO GET THE NUTRIENTS AND MINS UP TO THE REQUIRED AMOUNT TO GROW TO SIZE TWO AND BEYOND I SUPPOSE IT WOULD DEPEND ON YOUR STARTING LOCATION THOUGH AS YOU WOULDN'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING TO A RAINY ROLLING SQUARE IN ORDER TO GET 2 NUTS AND A MIN THOUGH IT WOULD BE MORE PRODUCTIVE TO SLAP DOWN AN ECHELON MIRROR PROVIDE THE SQARE EXCEEDS 1000 METERS.

Hmmm... No mention of a second colony pod at the start of the game and three colony pods built at every new base would certainly exceed the effeciency limit in no time at all? Hmmm... Unless, of course, we're playing at a certain lower difficulty level. Hmmm...
Old December 11, 2000, 21:31   #7
tyler666

Good White youve found out that my strategey guide is a noob guide as stated but at any rate thx for the rush bulid former advice and even though you insulted me blanty I love the advice

Tyler Messer
"For I have respect"
Old December 12, 2000, 15:51   #8
Gregurabi
Prince

This definitely won't work on higher difficulty settings, either (esp. Transcend). You'll need that scout patrol to be inside the base when it reaches size 2, unless you're willing to turn that second worker into a Doctor to prevent drone riots.

As for Former vs. Scout Patrol as the base's first build: it depends on the terrain! If you've only got a bunch of arid/moist squares nearby and no nutrient specials, then a Former is called for to build a farm. If you've got decent terrain for the base already (or at least, one decent square), then it will depend on whether you need to explore a bit from that location first, or whether you'd rather get a jump start on your next terraforming goal. (Typically that'll be roads and forests, for me; with sensors a bit later.)

It'll also depend on how susceptible you are to mindworm attacks. If you've got a fair amount of fungus nearby, you might need that scout patrol to fight worms.

An exception is Morgan, with his support penalty. But if you're a "NOOB" then I'd suggest avoiding Morgan until you're a bit more familiar with the game. He's tricky to get started.