Old January 7, 2003, 17:12   #1
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 14:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Civ2PBEM Diplomacy 2.0
Here, as promised, we publish the new version Civ2PBEM. Let's see some parts of the manual:

What is this utility for?

This utility allows agreements between human players in a Sid Meier’s Civilization II e-mail game. For those of you that don’t know what Civilization 2 is, I only can say that Sid Meier’s Civilization 2 (by Microprose) is, in my humble opinion, the better game ever made! You lead a tribe from the ancient time to the success – or the failure. Civilization 2 has many versions; one of them, Civilization 2 Multiplayer Edition (also know as Ultimate Civilization 2) allow multiplayer games by Internet (IP games) or by e-mail.

What kind of agreements can you do with this utility?

o You can offer/demand a city or a group of cities.
o You can offer/demand gold.
o You can offer/demand technologies.
o You can offer/demand some kinds of maps:
§ Territory map: Only the terrain of the other player (you won’t see the cities or the units)
§ Cities map: The terrain and the location of all cities known by the other player
§ Units map: The terrain and the location of all units known by the other player
§ Complete map: The terrain, units and cities known by the other player.
§ Foreign map: You can ask a player for the terrain, units and cities that he/she knows about a third player.
o You can sign a cease-fire, make peace or sign an alliance treaty.
Old January 7, 2003, 17:16   #2
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Here is the ZIP file. Inside it, are the program and the manual (.HTML file). You can learn about installation in the correspondent manual section
Attached Files:
File Type: zip civ2dip.zip (303.5 KB, 217 views)
Old January 7, 2003, 17:19   #3
yaroslav
Emperor

I'll open a HTML page on the Spanish section of Apolyton (spanish.apolyton.net). Of course, the Spanish webpage is in English

When I'll publish it, I'll bump this thread. If you want to do suggestions, it's the correct time, because in a few days I'll start working on version 3.0 (that will include units).

I also have some doubts about units exchange. I'll open a thread with those doubts in the future.

This thread will have a mirror on CFC.
Old January 9, 2003, 17:21   #4
yaroslav
Emperor

Sorry for the autobumping, but I see that the file has downloaded 7 times. Do you have any feedback?
Old January 10, 2003, 03:13   #5
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 08:55
i haven't tried this yet (just downloaded it now) but hopefully it will help get around firewall issues several people have. myself included some of the time. does it require that both people have the program to use?
Old January 10, 2003, 13:00   #6
yaroslav
Emperor

Yes, it requiered that the two persons have the program in oder to work, but it work off-line, so there are not problems with firewalls
Old January 25, 2003, 00:09   #7
El León
Spanish Civers
King

Local Time: 07:55
Um, maybe i'm the kind of who has not even noticed he is one, but... is the barter info is stored in the dat file?

Does this mean that if I don't want other players to know my evil intentions I should e-mail the dat file to the other player?

The utility seems amazing. More pesky questions.
Is it possible to transfer cities without changing gold, diplomacy status, units in the city, etc.?
Old January 25, 2003, 00:20   #8
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 09:55
Quote:
Originally posted by El León
Um, maybe i'm the kind of who has not even noticed he is one, but... is the barter info is stored in the dat file?

Does this mean that if I don't want other players to know my evil intentions I should e-mail the dat file to the other player?

The utility seems amazing. More pesky questions.
Is it possible to transfer cities without changing gold, diplomacy status, units in the city, etc.?
About the dat file: It is meant only for one player and only the reciever of the barter can open it because it is passworded. But if you want to be safe you could of course email it.

Yes you can transfer just cities. When they transfer they are empty of units so it is in your best interest to move and rehome the units BEFORE the city transfer.

Yaro did I get that right? And this is a great utility 2.0 corrects the minor bugs from 1.0 and adds the map and city transfer. It is a great utility! Thanks again Yaro!
Old January 26, 2003, 16:52   #9
yaroslav
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

About the dat file: It is meant only for one player and only the reciever of the barter can open it because it is passworded. But if you want to be safe you could of course email it.

Yes you can transfer just cities. When they transfer they are empty of units so it is in your best interest to move and rehome the units BEFORE the city transfer.

Yaro did I get that right? And this is a great utility 2.0 corrects the minor bugs from 1.0 and adds the map and city transfer. It is a great utility! Thanks again Yaro!
You get that rigth

El Leon, conmcb25 explained it perfectly.

BTW, I'm working on version 3.0. I'll open soon a new thread about unit exchange in the utility

Thank you, conmcb25
Old February 1, 2003, 13:37   #10
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

how's that new utility coming? specifically the units trading
Old February 1, 2003, 19:25   #11
yaroslav
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
how's that new utility coming? specifically the units trading
I hope that soon. I'm working on a beta. The next week I'll give the beta to my betatesters, I hope.
Old February 1, 2003, 20:01   #12
H Tower

i used it for the first time today i found it a bit strange that i could unilaterily(sp?) accept a trade of cities, techs, etc, withot even having to talk to the other player. of course doing anything like that without the other players agreement would be cheating.

Oh yeah, I found a spelling error for when you accept an offer that involves a peace treaty, i think you might have spelled treaty wrong.
Old February 1, 2003, 20:07   #13
yaroslav
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
i used it for the first time today i found it a bit strange that i could unilaterily(sp?) accept a trade of cities, techs, etc, withot even having to talk to the other player. of course doing anything like that without the other players agreement would be cheating.

Oh yeah, I found a spelling error for when you accept an offer that involves a peace treaty, i think you might have spelled treaty wrong.
But if you set-up a password, no one can use the utility for accept an offer without using the password.

And please, tell me where I'd a the spelling error, because I'm not a good english-speaker, so it's normal for me to have errors.