Old May 6, 2004, 03:33   #301
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 14:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
2164 was seen flying though the Hive, and heading in the direction of Fido D.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 15:53   #302
Fido Dido
Warlord

Turn 2164 onwards to Hercules
Fido Dido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 21:34   #303
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 15:00
Turn 2164 to Hobbes
Old May 9, 2004, 20:05   #304
H0bbes
Emperor

Local Time: 16:00
2165 to Jam.

The UN would like to publically inform the Hive that their recent base placement is provocative and unacceptable. Actions will be taken to eliminate the threat it poses to UN safety if it is not removed immediately.

Hobbes

http://zanature.wordpress.com
H0bbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2004, 03:10   #305
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

2165 --> Fido Dido.

The Hive would like to point out that it has no access to UN cartographic materials, so its very hard to guess which one is causing you problems and unless we are informed as to which of our numerous bases you refer, we can and will take no further action.

The Hive hopes to continue peaceful diplomatic relationships with the UN, and hopes this matter can be swiftly resolved. Please inform the Central Committee as soon as possible with the name and location of the base in question, and your reasons for its removal. We do not lightly destroy the habitations of our most precious resource - the citizens of the Human Hive.

- Hive Ambassador to the United Nations.
Old May 10, 2004, 17:49   #306
Fido Dido
Warlord

Turn 2165 onwards to Hercules
Old May 14, 2004, 05:30   #307
Jamski
Deity

Its Friday now, and where's the turn got stuck?

/me readies his PBs *

-Jam
Old May 14, 2004, 06:57   #308
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Whoops it was me. Turn 2165 to Hobbes
Old May 14, 2004, 10:33   #309
Jamski
Deity

/me tells the PB lauch crews to stand down *

-Jam
Old May 15, 2004, 04:36   #310
H0bbes
Emperor

TAIA to the provocative base builder.

Hobbes

Old May 15, 2004, 09:04   #311
Jamski
Deity

2166 sent on to Fido Dido

Without your map details I don't see why Hive Obs Point Alpha is provocative. Its simply there to "keep an eye" on naval movements in that area.

But.

But the Hive appreciates the former in our territory. We like others to do our terraforming for us

-Jam
Old May 16, 2004, 16:20   #312
Fido Dido
Warlord

Turn 2166 onwards to Hercules
Old May 17, 2004, 07:30   #313
Hercules
Deity

Turn 2166 to Hobbes
Old May 17, 2004, 19:39   #314
H0bbes
Emperor

2167 to the nosy smurfs.

Old May 18, 2004, 06:12   #315
Jamski
Deity

2167 leaves the observant Hive and passes onwards to the Uni

-Jam
Old May 18, 2004, 11:57   #316
Fido Dido
Warlord

Turn 2167 onwards to Hercules.
Old May 18, 2004, 18:12   #317
Hercules
Deity

Turn 2167 to Hobbes by email.

However my email service is repeatedly saying turn not received, fileserver error or something. And yet Minute Mirage in another game said he received the turn I sent, twice ( I resent).

I can receive emails.

So Hobbes let me know if you got this game turn by email delivery. Meanwhile I will upload it here just in case.

Edit Attachment deleted. seems I am back to normal.

Last edited by Hercules; May 19, 2004 at 05:45.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2004, 05:35   #318
H0bbes
Emperor

Turn received once though I got Bungle twice.

Played & sent to Jamski

Old May 19, 2004, 07:12   #319
Jamski
Deity

2168 sent on to Dr. Fido of the University

-Jam
Old May 20, 2004, 16:26   #320
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Jamski, you playing SMAC MP games regularly? I have never tried. What do I need to do to join?
Ljube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2004, 16:36   #321
Jamski
Deity

Just say you want to start a game. About 1,000 people will offer to join, and you get to choose who

I'll play, if you don't mind being PWND

-Jam
Old May 20, 2004, 16:45   #322
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
OK, I'm in, I've played, and I've sent the save for Fido, I guess.
My e-mail is j_maunders@yahoo.co.uk
So, you joined after the game had already started.

Hmm that's not a German name.
Old May 20, 2004, 16:46   #323
Ljube
Emperor

Quote:
I'll play, if you don't mind being PWND
-Jam
Excuse my ignorance, but what's PWND?
Old May 20, 2004, 18:57   #324
Jamski
Deity

Whoa!

1.) In this game I replaced someone who dropped out.
2.) No, its not a German name.
3.) Ignorance excused - its a slang term meaning to be beaten comprehensably.

If you want to play, I suggest you make a thread starting a new game, or look out for a thread advertising vacancies started by someone else. You have to be pretty fast - its first come, first in for most games.

Games can take up to 2 years to play, BTW, so committed players are always welcome (they can be a lot faster - depends on the players)

-Jam
Old May 20, 2004, 19:07   #325
Ljube
Emperor

Well, James Maunders sounds more like an English name to me. Are you English Jamski? If so, why do you pretend to be German? A joke of some kind? Excuse my curiosity.

If I start a thread, doesn't it mean I have to provide a map set the rules and be GM instead of play?
Old May 20, 2004, 19:27   #326
Jamski
Deity

No, you ask someone else to GM and make the map normally. Many people love doing this kind of thing - Darsnan and Googlie are the most "infamous"

And I have never pretended to be German. You don't have to be German to live in Germany.

Now please, with the greatest respect for your interest in playing SMAC MP, the turn-tracking thread of a currently running game is probably not the best place to discuss the subject. Why not start a new thread and see what happens

-Jam
Old May 21, 2004, 16:09   #327
Fido Dido
Warlord

Turn 2168 on to Hercules, yesterday.

I couldn't get on the forums. Seems to happen a couple of times a week, I can't get onto the forums, or the main Apolyton site. Most other sites are fine, and it seems people post while I can't get on, so I think it's just this computer... :/
Old May 22, 2004, 04:06   #328
H0bbes
Emperor

2169 to Jamski.

Old May 22, 2004, 07:52   #329
Jamski
Deity

2169 on to Fido D

Hobbes, I am still open to suggestions re: Obs Point Alpha. I'm willing to give ground for peace.

-Jam
Old May 24, 2004, 22:04   #330
H0bbes
Emperor

Quote:
2169 on to Fido D

Hobbes, I am still open to suggestions re: Obs Point Alpha. I'm willing to give ground for peace.

-Jam

Keeping your nasty, sneaking probes off my continent would be a start.

Turned to the trespasser.

Hobbes