Old January 9, 2003, 22:20   #1
HolyWarrior
Prince

Local Time: 08:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Can't take over Russian cities
some background: Playing a "Northern powers" game with the Americans (modded to look like a northern European civ instead of natives), English, Celts, French, Germans, Vikings, Russians and a custom civ, the Scots (Thanks to sween32 for the waycool Robert the Bruce leaderhead). My Scots have wiped out England and have made inroads on the Americans.
The Russians have declared war (MPP with England), so I entered a full transport of tanks on an island off their continent, and am meeting little resistance. I get the "raze or keep?" screen--I click keep, then I get the "resistors" screen. I click on that, and I get a missing file error "text/pediaicons.txt ANIMNAME_". WTH are they looking for? I didn't have any problems before, why am I having problems with the Russians when I didn't mod them?
Old January 10, 2003, 02:52   #2
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 07:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It's a unit problem. Towards the bottom of the pediaicons.txt file, you'll see some entries that look like this:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Settler
Settler

This entry is a bridge between the stats in the editor, and the folder with the graphics. One of the units in that Russian city is probably missing that entry somehow.

It's very strange that it's coming up there though. Normally you'll see it just as the game is loading, then it will crash to desktop without it even starting up. So I'm not exactly sure what the problem might be except that it has something to do with a Russian unit.