Old January 11, 2003, 15:03   #1
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 09:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Call for impeachment
I didn't want to have to do this, but I cannot sit still any longer. I call for the impeachment of Gilgamensch. He has been unable to perform his duties as a justice of the court. He has been absent from Apolyton since December 26th and has not made a post since December 16th, nearly a month ago. The Court needs 3 active members to function properly, and without Gilgamensch's presence, it would be impossible for the court to make a ruling if the two remaining judges were to disagree with each other.

If Gilgamensch were to return and promise to be more active in his duties, I would joyfully drop the impeachment. However Gilgamensch has not answered any pm's as to his where abouts.

I'm sorry Gilg, but it had to be done.
Old January 11, 2003, 15:12   #2
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

I just sent him another pm telling him that his impeachment has been called for. He has the email option turned off, but he does get an email notification sent to him when he gets a pm, so hopefully he will respond
Old January 11, 2003, 18:52   #3
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:11
Considering that his last post was almost a month ago -- a full Minister's term -- I can only agree with you...
Old January 11, 2003, 19:01   #4
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 11:11
I am worried with you Gilg and i do think you are one of the good guys around here.

But i H is right. You as the creator of the delegates section of the constitution knows this absence can ruin the game.

Sorry but
-Jean Rostand
Old January 11, 2003, 19:45   #5
H Tower

a little update: DanQ refused my request for gilg's email address, so pm's are the only way we can contact him, and that hasn't been working so far
Old January 11, 2003, 20:02   #6
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

He receives email notifications of all PMs sent, so there's no need to contact him through email. If he reads his email, he knows perfectly well we're trying to contact him.
Old January 11, 2003, 20:12   #7
Locutus
Deity

BTW, for next time it might be better to let me handle the getting email addresses part: as a staff member and major CtP1/2 contributor, I am in a position where I can get certain things done from the administration much easier than you can (but it won't exactly help if others start interfering)...

I had little trouble obtaining people's email addresses in the past (even before I was a staff member), so I think I can do that again if needed.
Old January 11, 2003, 21:14   #8
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
He receives email notifications of all PMs sent, so there's no need to contact him through email. If he reads his email, he knows perfectly well we're trying to contact him.
i know that. in fact, if you had read my posts above you'd notice that i had already stated that fact. in the end we (mapfi, pedrunn and I) decided to make every effort to contact him and give him a chance to defend himself.

Quote:
BTW, for next time it might be better to let me handle the getting email addresses part: as a staff member and major CtP1/2 contributor, I am in a position where I can get certain things done from the administration much easier than you can (but it won't exactly help if others start interfering)...

I had little trouble obtaining people's email addresses in the past (even before I was a staff member), so I think I can do that again if needed.
thanks for the offer, the next time i want to run a request through an extra layer of bueracracy, I'll come to you. But right now the constitution is hard enough to decipher correctly in addition to begging for email addresses.
Old January 12, 2003, 18:41   #9
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 14:11
Well i hope he is away having a great extended vacation, and nothing more worring

still for the purpose of keeping things running smoothly i also concur with the impeachment. Still if he were to come back i would forgive and forget and vote again (even if i can't remember if i voted for him last time! )
The sheer audacity of getting the vote and doing a runner - Gilgamensch for President!
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old January 12, 2003, 19:28   #10
HuangShang
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 07:11
what minister was he?

the game was smooth so far...
when will he be replaced?
Old January 12, 2003, 22:08   #11
H Tower

he was the junior member of the court
Old January 13, 2003, 04:43   #12
Devil of Truth
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

I just hope Gilg is ok in RL.
Old January 13, 2003, 16:02   #13
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 15:11
The court has ruled on the allegations made: see the court thread