Old January 12, 2003, 11:52   #1
Barfus
Warlord

Local Time: 09:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: I am the last Roman. Or is it Irish-Roman-American?
guitarist or hawaii five-0
either of these two guys still here? they wrote some good stories and id like to read some more
Old January 12, 2003, 12:30   #2
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 08:14
It's been a long time since I've seen Hawaii-5-O, but guitarist is still here, and writing stories. Speaking of which, how about finishing one of your little pieces, Fabula Romae. One of the relatively new members of our community here dug it out recently, and we want the show to go on.
Spore page
Old January 12, 2003, 13:39   #3
Centauri18
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Local Time: 07:14
And that relatively new member would be me.
Old January 12, 2003, 15:58   #4
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Hey, Barfus. I'm still here - you can check out my newest story "Il Qui Vit, Combat." I hope to finish the last part of it soon.
Old January 12, 2003, 18:34   #5
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 15:14
We hope so too
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old January 12, 2003, 22:21   #6
Barfus
Warlord

sweet, was hoping to get good response on this.....wow. fabula romae......jeez its been awhile. im not even on the same computer. and as for that game, i dont know if i have it anywhere. but i just enjoyed the story writing. now with school and all it could be difficult. as it happens i am hoping to make a scenario/game to write a story about that is based on a story i am writing that is alternate history. follow that? one more time for claritys sake, i wrote an alternate history timeline, now i want to make a mod/scenario and play it and write a story. in the creation forum i am goinbg to start a thread and get some people to help with graphics and all. i want to overhaul the game to make it completely ancient based. in other words, tech levels cap at early feudalism...and all civs are ancient/early medieval
Old January 12, 2003, 22:32   #7
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Barfus
i want to overhaul the game to make it completely ancient based. in other words, tech levels cap at early feudalism...and all civs are ancient/early medieval
That's a cool idea, though I imagine it would take a lot of work. I suppose you will add more techs to the ancient eras then? Or is it going to be a short scenario, so that the existing techs will be enough? I am not sure I could be much hel in this, but it'd be great to see this develop.
Spore page
Old January 12, 2003, 22:58   #8
Barfus
Warlord

no, i would develop the era more fully. in effect, i want the game to be just as rich and full as it is now, except all ancient techs and so forth. anything that is in the game will be adapted to fit ancient era. which means ill be taking things like radar towers and turning them into observation posts and the like. some things obviously will be cut out, like air units (unless i think of something really good and realistic).

there was a mod on the ptw cd that was supposed to be ancient, but it doesnt work right, some load error (go figure), but i remember before, i dl'ed this one ancient mod where the guy changed all the eras i think to: ancient, hellenistic, imperial, migration. and that is basically the flow mine will have. i want to change all of it, while maintaining as much of the same quantity of units and techs as possible. im really looking forward to it.
Old January 12, 2003, 23:00   #9
Barfus
Warlord

as a matter of fact i just started the thread for the mod in the creation forum. im looking for help in the graphics department and civilopedia
Old January 12, 2003, 23:11   #10
vovan
Emperor

That sounds like a very ambitious plan there, Barfus. Though if you get it right, it would really be cool.

Unfortunately, I don't have any graphical skills to talk about, so I can't be of any help. So, I wish you luck, and as soon as there is something to test, I'm always ready to do that.
Spore page
Old January 14, 2003, 22:23   #11
Barfus
Warlord

testers will be needed, so ill keep in touch.