1) Xenobanana 0 0%
2) Sea Region 4 19.05%
2) Nearest Land-Region 4 19.05%
2) Write-In 1 4.76%
2) Xenobanana 1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 12, 2003, 14:08   #1
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 11:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official: Sea Base Regions
the question has come up over who should govern the yet to be built UN Marine Institute to be built in the freshwater sea. so the question is simple: who should govern it?
  • Aurillion Province
  • Akiria
  • Twin Sea
  • Centralis
  • Write-In
  • Xenobanana

the next question for this poll: should we, upon building enough sea bases, group them all into one region, regardless of geographic location, or just have the nearest region govern them all?
  • Sea Region
  • Nearest land region
  • write-in
  • xenobanana

3 days
Old January 12, 2003, 14:24   #2
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 14:14
I would say Akiria, not just because it's mine but because It has the fewest bases, the least population (they're small bases) and occupies the largest circumference of the freshwater sea (IIRC).

Also, since Aurora and NT (Akiria's only two bases) are right on the edge, they will have the most disruption an effect from the freshwater sea bases, since I think they will overlap somewhat. Therefore I think they should be controlled by the same person, so as to objectively see what is best for the faction, and avoid argument about one Governor stealing a sqyare that another one wants to work. The only other alternative is to say some squares are in one region,and somein another, but then what happens if working on in another region is better for the faction than only working the ones in your faction?

In the poll, showing the new region proposal, Akiria had control of the freshwater sea (the bits where the bases were to go). I thought this was a good divide TKG did, and would like to keep it, if the people wish.

Vote Akiria

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 12, 2003, 14:34   #3
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i would say ofcourse aurillion
because aurillion build (including the seapod) 3 Cps and didnt get any extra base. the people of Aurillion worked hard for those pods and the colonists are native to the aurillion province and culture...so i would say vote Aurrillion
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old January 12, 2003, 15:06   #4
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

i put the sea base in akiria because, as drogue said, it was the smallest population-wise, so i figured giving it to DBTS would be unfair because he'd have more work to do. but meh, whatever...
/me shrugs

EDIT: a chilling newzupdate!!!
[DBTS] oh yes TKG because i dont get the FWsea base i am said to report the Aurillion province is rebelling against the UNP
hang him!!!

Last edited by Method; January 12, 2003 at 15:26.
Old January 12, 2003, 16:42   #5
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
Aurillion built 3 CPs (including the seapod) and didn't get an extra base
Edited for spelling and grammer
Didn't you get Xanadu. That was from one of those 3 colony pods. And you built them because Aurillion is on the edge, and didn't get any more new bases because it has no more expansion space inside it.

Old January 12, 2003, 18:31   #6
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 07:14
I, of course, support the Twin Sea region receiving control of the base in the Freshwater Sea, but regardless, I believe that the regions which construct colony pods should get to maintain control of the bases which are created. The treatment of the Aurillion region is unfair, their resources went into constructing the colony pods, and now they receive no direct benefits from them. The governorship of the Twin Sea region stands firmly united with Aurillion in this matter; and proposes that regions maintain control of colonization efforts.
Old January 12, 2003, 22:11   #7
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 15:14
I am for Akiria. because it needs more bases in its region but also because the freshwater sea will be better protected under a STEP governor
Old January 12, 2003, 22:15   #8
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 15:14
However this raises the question: as we expand and conquer how do we apportion bases: by size; by area; the very question raised by TKG. I feel this needs considerable discussion and not just a poll at this stage.
Old January 13, 2003, 04:29   #9
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
However this raises the question: as we expand and conquer how do we apportion bases: by size; by area; the very question raised by TKG. I feel this needs considerable discussion and not just a poll at this stage.
Allocate the conquered bases to the region which is within the closest vicinity of the bases, assuming that the bases occupied are on the same continent we occupy.

As for conquests overseas, determining the administration which it would fall under would be more difficult. If it is only one or two bases, place it under the control of the DIA. When it expands we need to consider the creation of a new region (this IMO would be the most logical thing to do, since none of the existing regions could lay claim to the bases overseas), or come to some agreement as to what region gains the new bases.

I think setting specific standards in cases like this is premature, it should be determined on a case by case basis given that there are often a large number of variables to consider.
Old January 13, 2003, 06:04   #10
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Voted Akiria, but it should be an independant region as soon as possible.
Old January 13, 2003, 16:09   #11
Method
Emperor

well, i was actually talking about sea bases, but we can have a poll for conquered too
Old January 13, 2003, 18:00   #12
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
I believe that the regions which construct colony pods should get to maintain control of the bases which are created.
Then how do we get new regions? Without a base, they cannot construct new CPs. I would not have a region at all for that, Akiria would not exist, and Aurillion would have more bases than anybody else (7 I believe)

Old January 13, 2003, 20:00   #13
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Give it to Akiria, and set up a new region once we get some more bases built.
Old January 13, 2003, 21:50   #14
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Then how do we get new regions? Without a base, they cannot construct new CPs. I would not have a region at all for that, Akiria would not exist, and Aurillion would have more bases than anybody else (7 I believe)
Perfectly true; but where is the incentive for regions to invest mineral resources and labor into the construction of colony pods when they most likely will not benefit the region directly. Perhaps letting regions have total control of colony pods is not the best thing to do, but let us say something like a quota from the DIA on a certain number of colony pods must be build for the entire faction, and anything over the quota remains under the control of the region.
Old January 13, 2003, 22:53   #15
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The incentive is the same one that leads regions to do anything for the common good (e.g. construct military units): it helps the faction.
Old January 14, 2003, 08:55   #16
Drogue
staff

Exactly GT. The other incentive: Because TKG tells you to

If you disobey him, he might decide to not allow your rush orders etc.

Old January 14, 2003, 18:45   #17
Method
Emperor

Old January 15, 2003, 08:31   #18
Drogue
staff

There are more and more similarities between TKG and Lemmy every day