Old January 13, 2003, 18:47   #1
Amesjustin
NationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 07:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Adding a new city type and unique starting units
Is it possible to add a new city type to the ones already in existence? I want to add a unique civ to a new Scenario that will have a city that looks completely different than any other - without losing any of the pre-existing styles.

Also this same Civ has completely unique units. The issue I am having is that at the start of the game it has the standard units defined in the General Settings Tab of the Editor. Is there any way to give a Civ its own, specific, unique starting units?

-Justin
Amesjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2003, 22:14   #2
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:19
You can set unique starting units (and also determine the number of 'em) using the "Player Settings" menu; but you'll have to turn on Custom Players and set this unique civ in one of the player slots, which will lock the number of civs and also make the unique civ be included in every game. If you're making a scenario, that should be no prob; but if you're trying to make a more general mod, that will be a problem.

IIRC, new Civ culture groups (and thus new sets of city & citizen graphics) can't be added in yet; if you really want unique graphics for this civ, I think you'll need to use one of the existing culture groups (Mediterranean, Mid East, American, etc.) and delete/change civs that use that group.
Old January 15, 2003, 13:36   #3
Amesjustin
NationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 07:19
Thanks for your help on the units - worked beautifully.

I figured that was how I would have to handle the cities, though. Sux.
Amesjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2003, 10:38   #4
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 15:19
You could ask someone from the Civ3Files to give you some good brand new city graphics-and citizens as well
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Datajack Franit is offline   Reply With Quote