Old October 6, 2003, 14:35   #241
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 08:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Comstr
Amazing how quick that cloudbase acadamy got built wasn't it.

SOOOOOOo...........what';cha ya gonna do about the Aliens?
Not amazing at all-- its a hot SP so he built it fast . . . I will console myself with the Cyborg Factory
Flubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7, 2003, 20:07   #242
H0bbes
Emperor

Local Time: 16:25
Turned after building something- I forget what.

Hobbes

http://zanature.wordpress.com
H0bbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8, 2003, 22:54   #243
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 15:25
Turn 2169 to Comstar.

Well I am currently exploring Alien territory and hope to help you guys out fairly soon as soon as I have built up an sizeable attacking force. There's a big colony of aliens of my southern shores.
Old October 9, 2003, 18:46   #244
H0bbes
Emperor

Turned to Flubber.

Old October 17, 2003, 19:31   #245
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

sent
Old October 19, 2003, 20:55   #246
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Turn 2170 to Comstar
Old October 20, 2003, 01:27   #247
Comstr
Prince

Local Time: 14:25
Sent.

Operation Overloading starts today!
Comstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20, 2003, 10:43   #248
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Comstr
Sent.

Operation Overloading starts today!
Once again a cryptic message from comstr-- What might Operation Overloading be??
Old October 20, 2003, 18:15   #249
H0bbes
Emperor

2171 to Flubber.

Hobbes

Old October 20, 2003, 22:43   #250
Flubber
Deity

onward to hercules
Old October 21, 2003, 17:12   #251
Hercules
Deity

Turn 2171 to Comstar
Old October 21, 2003, 17:57   #252
Comstr
Prince

I need to prune back the eco freaks to my south. It won't effect you all much, expcept get me into debt.
Old October 21, 2003, 18:54   #253
H0bbes
Emperor

2172 to the big F.

Hobbes

Old October 22, 2003, 19:48   #254
Flubber
Deity

2172 to herc
Old October 23, 2003, 08:51   #255
Hercules
Deity

Turn 2172 to Comstar
Old October 23, 2003, 09:45   #256
Comstr
Prince

Turn sent. I think one of my RAM chips is dieing , though if I close down every other program windoze won't cark half way through a turn.

First Blows struck, but the going is slow. And I doubt anything will be still alive in the cities after the war anyway

SO, which one of you is goign to transend first I wounder.
Old October 23, 2003, 10:24   #257
Flubber
Deity

Hey comstr

Who are you striking against and how is it working ?--Perhaps someone can help -- It likely has to be slow going attacking the AI . Whenever I get near an AI empire I find they are just LOUSY with units-- it seems they have troops on nearly every square around. Just attrittion means you get heavily damaged

Transcending ?? I have only had one or two MP games go that far . . . I usually find that someone will capitulate before it gets that far. This game might be different since we have Four factions close in tech and size and the AI are still significant factor ( size-wise anyway)
Old October 24, 2003, 18:14   #258
H0bbes
Emperor

2173 to Flubber.

Old October 24, 2003, 19:18   #259
Flubber
Deity

2173 to herc
Old October 25, 2003, 21:07   #260
Hercules
Deity

Turn 2173 to Comstar
Old October 25, 2003, 22:09   #261
Comstr
Prince

Well so much for that skirmish. Flubber has cut off my attack vector, so I'm returning to barracks. I guess he will deal with Cha Dawn and get all the plunder from her cities without UN assistance.
Old October 26, 2003, 06:27   #262
H0bbes
Emperor

To Flubber.

Old October 26, 2003, 18:50   #263
Flubber
Deity

what attack vector ?? I took a cult base with not a sign of a UN force in the area- ths cult kept sending units from there toward me so it was to end that annoyance that I took their base
Old October 27, 2003, 14:04   #264
Flubber
Deity

2174 on to hercules

I now see the PK attack vector as evidenced by a group of units in my vicinity. Its a crowded area. I saw PK,cult and caretaker units
Old October 27, 2003, 21:33   #265
Hercules
Deity

Must get a piece of this action.

Meanwhile turn 2174 to Comstar
Old October 28, 2003, 04:08   #266
Comstr
Prince

Well it seems *I'M* not wanted in the fight vs the eco freaks.

Rest of you better get a piece of the pie before it all disspers. I figure you got 3 turns or less.

Least I'm making some money now.
Old October 28, 2003, 12:26   #267
Flubber
Deity

Comstr

Are you referring to my " NO TRESPASSING" signs? I just thought it was an efficient way to show you where MY borders were since you seemed unable to see them .
Old October 28, 2003, 18:58   #268
H0bbes
Emperor

Oh dear. Can't we all just play nicely together?

Turned to the signwriter.

Hobbes

Old October 28, 2003, 20:34   #269
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by H0bbes
Oh dear. Can't we all just play nicely together?

Turned to the signwriter.

Hobbes
Sure -- I can play very nicely

2175 to hercules

My signs were a reminder to comstr since he genuinely seemed suprised to find my base where it was. Since the AI does not name landmarks, I though it might make hinm realize it is no longer AI controlled territory. The fact that he has marked the ocean in at least one place also leads to a chance to roleplay a bit .. . .

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Angel leader in an address to the world congress was quoted today

" Tha Angels believe that all nations should respect the land borders of any nation with which they are at peace and that INTENTIONALLY violating those borders without consent is an unfriendly act.

In addition, the Angels believe in the concept of freedom of travel over the seas and assert the right to travel any ocean or sea. However we will not encroach or traverse any region in any manner which may interfere with the harvest of resources, nor will we block free travel by any other peaceful nation. Second we will abide by any and all treaties concerning ocean jurisdiction into which we have entered, and we welcome any such proposals. We note that the PKs have placed markers indicating that travellers are not welcome in certain oceans that are adjacent to their shores. Do the Peacekeepers assert jurisdiction over ocean areas?

We ask that the Peacekeepers rescind any such claims or IN RESPONSE, PEACEKEEPER shipping ONLY will be prohibited from travelling in the strait south of of their empire that runs between our traditional homeland and our newer colonies. The area is marked by the landmark " the seas should be free". Our claim to this ocean area would be stronger than any Peacekeepers claims to northern oceans as we occupy lands on each side of the strait while we have seen no evidence of Peacekeeper ocean or polar bases in the north.

We do not intend to impact any other nations but if Angel shipping is not welcome off the Peacekeeper coast, then Peacekeeper shipping is not welcome off of our coast. It is reciprocal treatment and fundamentally fair . We look forward to the views of world leaders on what rights, if any, coastal states may assert to the adjoining seas ."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The chief of naval operations looked from the fading vidscreen to the Minister of defence.

" What does that all mean?"

" Pretty simple really . .. If the Peacekeepers agree with freedom of navigation on the high seas, Nothing, everyone sails freely as before"

" and if the Peacekeepers assert sovereignty ?"

" then Admiral, we will do the same as against Peacekeeper shipping. You will have orders to intercept and turn back all Peacekeeper shipping.

" But Mr. Minister what if they refuse to acknowledge our jurisdiction?

" Well admiral thats not really consistent. It would be very difficult for them to assert jurisdiction over one strait off their coasts while refusing to accept our jursidiction to a strait that is bounded on BOTH sides by our territory. Remember though that Morganite or Hobbit shipping is to be allowed to travel freely as always"
Old October 29, 2003, 03:09   #270
H0bbes
Emperor

Wow. Someone has a lot of time on their hands!!

Hobbes