Old January 15, 2003, 09:46   #1
Skitters
Settler

Local Time: 14:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Editing an existing map
Hi,

I've got an idea for a Colonialism/WW1 Scenario set between 1880 - 1920 in a world where the CSA seceded from the United States.

Obviously as well as the USA and CSA the key nations would be in Europe (though I was also thinking of including China and Japan).

However, I've been looking through the maps and it seems pretty apparent that even on a huge map Europe in particular and the American East coast are relatively small areas for the amount of large cities and the industrial capacity they would have compared to the rest of the world.

In particular I like the look of Zeb Fishers Huge Earth map, and it occured to me that if I could move Central & South America, Africa and parts of Asia/Australasia 'South' into the large expanse of Ocean there, I could make Europe, North America and maybe Japan disproportionately large (at least in a North-South aspect) in order to allow more space for higher production cities. {Similarly I could possibly move parts of Canada, Scandinavia and Russia North}

However, for the life of me I can't see an easy way of doing this in the Editor - I sort of expected it would be possible to move a whole range of tiles by cutting and pasting - so for example I would select a range of cells around South America and literally drag the whole thing down the map.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks in advance
Skitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2003, 03:59   #2
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 16:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Nope , don't think so...
It's all manual work.
alva is offline   Reply With Quote