Old January 16, 2003, 03:00   #1
geoffrey arnold
Call to Power MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCall to Power PBEMCivilization II PBEMCivilization II MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 00:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
*&^*&&^ mongals
Ok we need to work out what to do with Naples and thouse Dam Mongals. Im not going to do a poll yet becouse I want to get a few Ideas from you guys first. Im inclind to kill them as quick as possible but thats just me. If I was playing sp Id get a big resentment and Distroy them . But I think we should at least have a campain to get them of the contenent at least. Theres a hiden city not fare from us and allso the one on the paninsala. I belive these must go as well we need to do a scout around the contenent to see if there've got any more. I carnt post any screan shots becouse I dont have the programs to do so but mybe the prez will do it for me. Lets get into a good debate. we need your imput.
Old January 16, 2003, 03:14   #2
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 09:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
overview of the situation
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	34033  
Old January 16, 2003, 03:15   #3
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

what we have in naples
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	34034  
Old January 16, 2003, 03:21   #4
H Tower

what we have in kerman:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	34035  
Old January 16, 2003, 03:25   #5
H Tower

two turns away from kerman
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	34036  
Old January 16, 2003, 03:32   #6
H Tower

first option for removing the cavalry. leaves kerman practically defenseless
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	34037  
Old January 16, 2003, 03:36   #7
H Tower

second option for removing the cavalry, would leave naples vulnerable to attack from the east. we could use the battered cavalry in naples instead of the riflemen of course, but i wouldn't like to bet on that attack working
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	34038  
Old January 16, 2003, 03:48   #8
geoffrey arnold
Call to Power MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCall to Power PBEMCivilization II PBEMCivilization II MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEM
Prince

One thing we could do if were not using the mony for anything ealse is buy Kazan Its only about 990 gold
Old January 16, 2003, 03:54   #9
geoffrey arnold
Prince

Heres a screen shot of the to trouble some citys. Hope this works
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	civ 2 dg1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	34042  
Old January 16, 2003, 03:57   #10
geoffrey arnold
Prince

Old January 16, 2003, 04:00   #11
geoffrey arnold
Prince

I dont think useing kermans cavelrey is a good Idea But if we did the secound option and used our spy on Kazan then that might work.
Old January 16, 2003, 04:11   #12
geoffrey arnold
Prince

But We would need to use a rifle man as well for that to secceed
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	civ 2 dg2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	34053  
Old January 16, 2003, 04:18   #13
H Tower

i can't read your text...
Old January 16, 2003, 04:33   #14
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

I recommend bribing Kazan. I think we can afford the cash, and this will strengthen our position tremendously.

Also, attack with the Rifleman. He should be able to to kill the Calvary.

A/D/M

8/3/2 for Mongol calvary
5/4/1 for 'Poly Rifleman

That Calvary can't be more than 3+1.5 for defense,
while our Vet Rifleman will be 5 + 2.5 attack

4.5 defense against 7.5 offense are excellent attack chances, and this is the worst case scenario.

Best case, we have 7.5 vs 3 which is an automatic victory.

Last edited by Ben Kenobi; January 16, 2003 at 04:43.
Old January 16, 2003, 05:17   #15
atomant
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Well first of all my profound apologies for disappearing mid term and especially during a period where I was serving as a Minister. However, duty did call and rest assured my thoughts were with you all during the month I was in lovely sunny Angola and, for those that watch the news, things here at home in Zim have been pretty dicey. I cannot stress my regrets at letting the team down enough.

But getting back to the issue at hand, Defence Policy, Vis the Mongols. Way back when I was doing POLSCI at uni, there was a doctrine called forward defence, and an old saying that the best defence is a good offence. Now, obviously we are playing a defensive game, but as I see it the Mongols are the aggressors in this instance by encroaching on our territory. I propose that we create a limited offensive force and remove the Mongol threat from the continent, or at least the vicinity of our cities, such an offensive should be waged until the Mongols are removed from the continent or until the senate demands a peace treaty. Obviously such an offensive would have to be waged carefully with factors such as happiness and objectives carefully noted.
Old January 16, 2003, 05:39   #16
H Tower

wb atomant,

the senate won't be demanding anything now that we have the UN. My policy towards the mongols has been strike them before they strike me, and it's worked pretty well after their initial apppearance on the island. but with limited force, i couldn't stray far from naples. and now that i have, the defence of both cities has been weakened. I would love to capture kazan, it would put a real dent in the mongols plans for forcing us off this island.

obiwan, the problem with attacking the cavalry with the riflemen is that it leaves naples weak to an attack from kazan, which has a railroad 90% finished all the way to our front door.
Old January 16, 2003, 06:07   #17
atomant
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Alt. suggestion. Do we have other cities in the vacinity that we can use to help build up a force, wait till the railway is completed then blitzkrieg Kazan. (albeit with calvary). We playing at home (in a demo gov.) I use the first move of the cal to attack then return them to a 'home' city. I wold hazard a guess that K. would also have transport links to other mongol cities inthe neighbourhood.
Old January 16, 2003, 09:40   #18
geoffrey arnold
Prince

Only kerman and at this moment it only has one cavelry and a ship in it. may take a while to bould up a force strong enough to beat Kazan. allso theres that city that we carnt see
Old January 16, 2003, 10:38   #19
atomant
Prince

whats a turn or seven between enemies.... perhaps as a continuation of the above we should consider giving the pres. the right (nay mandate) to remove the Mongol parasite from this continent?
Old January 16, 2003, 14:41   #20
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Again, welcome back atomant. The rules for Zimbabwe are somewhat different than here in Canada.

HTower- that's what spies are for. Why not bribe Kazan? If it only costs - 900 gold we can afford this.

If all they have is a calvary, we can also rush the city this turn using diplo guiding. We send the one rifleman towards Kazan, and then attack the other calvary with the vet calvary in Kerman. Finally, we kill the ship with the second calvary in Naples, leaving Kazan undefended. Even a weak calvary should be able to destroy a ship due to the Pearl Harbour effect.

Yes, it leaves both cities vulnerable, but it does remove the threat of two calvary that would attack our cities anyway. Better to attack the calvary with only 3 defense, then to defend against 8 attack.
Old January 16, 2003, 17:13   #21
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

just bribe the mongol cavalry and use it to aid in our defence , then bribe their city as well

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old January 16, 2003, 17:28   #22
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:32
yeah i agree with hydey, maybe bribe an engineer and put a fort up between us and the their city if we decide not to take the city..... dont attack with that rifleman, those fortresses have strange effect and rifles aren't that great on attack, even if the calvalry doesn't defend well
Old January 16, 2003, 19:52   #23
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Another vote for bribing the Cavalry. And it might be worth bribing Kazan also, freeing the poor downtrodden citizens (and their tax money) to experience the joys of democracy!
Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old January 17, 2003, 00:39   #24
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

well that should pretty much make it official finally a move we can agree on
Old January 17, 2003, 01:47   #25
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by War4ever
finally a move we can agree on
I don't know if that is a good sign or not

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old January 17, 2003, 02:07   #26
War4ever
Emperor

well i only have our best interests at heart, even if i believe in a light swatting
Old January 17, 2003, 06:31   #27
atomant
Prince

Isn't it annoying when you are trying to host a war and no body is interested in turning up?
Old January 17, 2003, 06:32   #28
atomant
Prince

Isn't it annoying when you are trying to host a war and no body is interested in turning up or has a prior engagement
Old January 17, 2003, 16:16   #29
H Tower

i'd say the mongols have brought a war. just about everyturn they attack
Old January 17, 2003, 17:16   #30
War4ever
Emperor

as i predicted earlier i know this isn't an ethniccleansing game, but i don't see why we can't boot them off our land..... "our" isn't all the land this game, just the land with "our" cities on it.

otherwise we will spend many resources being bent over the barrels by them....kick them off, by whatever means necessary, and when more come rinse and repeat.

we don't have to take the war to their home soil