Old January 22, 2003, 03:36   #31
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 14:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by alva

I don't get it.
Alva, I don't get that far.

(Try playing on a Pentium133 ) If I want to win, then it's attack from the word "GO". Its that or give up in industrial when it gets _SLOW_. When the cavalry comes, the game is over anyway. But, when my new machine comes, maybe I can try to win a diplomatic or spaceship on huge. Not long to wait now.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 22, 2003, 03:53   #32
MoonWolf
Prince

Local Time: 15:36
Quote:
Originally posted by War of Art

Alva, I don't get that far.

(Try playing on a Pentium133 ) If I want to win, then it's attack from the word "GO". Its that or give up in industrial when it gets _SLOW_. When the cavalry comes, the game is over anyway. But, when my new machine comes, maybe I can try to win a diplomatic or spaceship on huge. Not long to wait now.

-Jam
Civ3 on Pentium 133? wow...

Have fun whith your new equipment! You will see a great difference!
Old January 22, 2003, 04:00   #33
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I hope so ! The end of turn update on Tiny is 3-4 mins. Aaagrh !

(The've promised to deliver today, but you know how these guys are. They make me very I'm already waiting for 6 weeks)

-Jam
Old January 22, 2003, 04:14   #34
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 16:36
So your system will be outdated, before you get it?
Old January 22, 2003, 04:20   #35
Jamski
Deity

Don't even joke about it...

(Actually, if anyone's interested, it will be deliberately a little bit out-dated, I managed to get win98 instead of XP.)

-Jam
Old January 25, 2003, 16:40   #36
HazieDaVampire
King

i cant tear my self away for food, my mum brings it to me. And i don't go to the toilet untill the very last second (Tell tale drips in underwear!) and i often hold shits in far to long (pains), somtimes a nuggert makes it way out and into my cheeks, and it still take a minute before i go off to the toilet to clean it up!

Sleep, You notice your getting tired at 1am, you say just a few minutes more and next time you look at clock its 2am, then you stop giving a **** and go at 4am!
Old January 26, 2003, 04:45   #37
Yanghead
Settler

Local Time: 09:36
I play insane amounts of civ3. I work graveyard shifts at an internet cafe and usually start a game around 1am an play right thru till 9am. iIf the game is going well I will stay a play right thru. Worst case at around 8pm I go home for a nape before my next shift so I don't fall asleep. Of course I am not always watching the computer moves I am after all at work. Its a good way to play TETurkan, otherwise I get bored watching the screen do nothing.
Old January 26, 2003, 07:08   #38
HazieDaVampire
King

your job rocks
Old January 26, 2003, 07:31   #39
Centauri18
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Local Time: 07:36
You want long sessions? Here goes. I have played all during when my family eats dinner, and then when everybody goes to bed I'm still playing. Now it's still dark when I stop, but just as I am getting up from the computer to go get some sleep - I finally beat the game - I notice the sun rising and my stepfather is heading for work!
Twelve hours, and I didn't even notice any time had passed.
I swear. Civ 3 is more addictive than anything I can think of.
Damn.
But hey, I still love playing it.
Old January 26, 2003, 09:53   #40
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I can't not eat dinner (or some snack in place of dinner), but 11-13 hours is not too uncommon for me, usually 6pm through to between 5 and 9 in the morning before work. It tends to be less when I have no work/school. Funny, isn't it? I use civ as a work/school compensator.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 26, 2003, 18:54   #41
Rebel67
Settler

My computer stops me from playing Civ too long, after a while it overheats and shuts down. Just looking into cooling solutions to stop this from happening in the future, Sticking the thing inside a freezer seemed like a good idea, but there are technical problems...
Old January 26, 2003, 19:32   #42
Rebel67
Settler

My computer stops me from playing Civ too long, after a while it overheats and shuts down. Just looking into cooling solutions to stop this from happening in the future, Sticking the thing inside a freezer seemed like a good idea, but there are technical problems...
Old January 27, 2003, 00:27   #43
Trifna
King

Local Time: 22:36
Rebel67: One easy way would be to open the case. Add some fans, it'll be more easy. Comp aren't supposed to need a freezer to work, isn't it?
Old January 27, 2003, 01:29   #44
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 08:36
Probably about 14 hours for me (Civ3) although this figure might have been higher in ye olde days of Civ2.

As for a singe game, I remember playing one Civ2 game for over 2 or 3 months, don't remember, the game was already won in the space race at around the 3rd or 4th day but I fought an incredible, massive world war for over 200 turns. In the end I was so powerful, I once attacked the US (the last remaining civ) with 97 bombers in one turn and invaded Germany with over 150 ground units in one landing (i started out militarily weak). Began producing 400 shields, ended producing 4000. Unforgettable game, truly to be written in the annals of CIVILIZATION (at least for me )

During this time I remember Civ was almost all I ever thought about, probably even more than girls...hehehe. I could not pay attention to any class because I was imagining where I would strike next.

BTW. When Civ3 came out I played so much I almost failed Monetary Economics which would have lengthened my college career for 1 year...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old January 27, 2003, 01:36   #45
Yanghead
Settler

Local Time: 09:36
Longest single game would have to be on Civ 1 the original. Had been playing soooo much and needed a new chalange after playing on earth as the romans and destroying all other civs before 1AD on Emperor (before there wasw Deity). So new challange: turn the entire world into a swamp/jungle thru global warming. Must have taken 50 hours + of game play had won waaay earlier but was having a good time pissing off the pop. so they would detonate my nuclear powerplants
Old January 27, 2003, 09:55   #46
Jamski
Deity

Yanghead, I hate to say this, but I have never met such an evil idea.
I love it very much!

-Jam
Old January 27, 2003, 17:54   #47
10lire
Settler

my longest (and one) session began in 1991.. with civI; i was a little boy in the sunny, peaceful south of my land and i didn't know that my life was changing, forever.. now i'm a fat man living in a dark metropolis of the north ...
but i'm happy: i'm playing again....
Old January 27, 2003, 17:56   #48
10lire
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkG
civ should be suggested as a fast diet
"whenever you think of eating, start up civ"
When i play CivI, CivII, SMAC/X or CivIII , i forget the sun.. i forget to eat, drink, sleep and smoke! WOW! SM's games are the real CURE FOR CANCER WONDER!
Old January 27, 2003, 17:58   #49
10lire
Settler

seriously: i had my longest session with SIOUX on civII: 12 hrs! (from 9:00PM to 9:00AM). My shortest was with Gaians on SMAC (Yang has beaten me in half hour!)
Old January 28, 2003, 01:13   #50
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

Hey Rebel,

If you want to cool your computer down, try liquid Nitrogen or Oxygen .

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.
Old January 28, 2003, 01:17   #51
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 08:36
My shortest was probably the first time I played Civ1 at a friend's house, it was the Earth map, we were the Mongols and were going to invade the Indians which were in Australia. We sent our powerful invasion fleet of catapult-filled triremes...

...should've read the manual first. They all sank once they left the shores...

(about 30 min and we restarted)

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)