Old January 20, 2003, 14:00   #181
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 14:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
NOTE TO SELF: LOG COLDWIZARDS VOTES

VOTES UPDATED!

Ming-

Please, realize this... If I allow this to happen; I can look into my crystal ball and see some people boycotting this... and the on-topicers not voting at all...

Quote:
DarkCloud: In retrospect don't you think that is a little harsh? Sure, people screwed around with your pet project but it's not like they created DLs just to do it. They did use their own names and all.
They obviously don't care about the hall, so why should their votes count?

I'm doing my best not to hurt Loud Medicine or Venom in this, but they specifically did these votes to **** with the hall.

And with technophile, it's an ongoing thing:
(remember, I allowed pleas)

---
Quote:
my votes count as 3, according to the rules 2001 registered people get 3 votes
Apologies HTower.
It is now fixed.

OERDIN-
Quote:
DarkCloud: It does seem unfair and arbitrary when you get to count or ignore people's votes on a whim.
It isn't a whim. Check out the thread I stated.
And loinburger has been voting for people who don't belong for a long time... Butnugget and Flatulus are members with less than 10 posts...
and some people like to vote for DL's... That's why we have the frivolity clause.
The clause also covers what Taz attempted to do...
IT's for the protection of the integrity fo the hall.

JON MILLER-
Quote:
alos, I really think that Loud Medicine deserves a place on hte poly hall of fame
I don't disagree with you.
But it's the way you voted for him that is the problem... I let people who don't seem to have seen your thread vote for him, however.

-
Quote:
Many of those already in the HoF got there by organising little cliques to block-vote them in
More often than not, that fails... It took Sirotnikov 3 or 4 cycles to get elected with every israeli poster voting for him
And he's still our only Israeli

I have no problem with people voting for Loud Medicine or any of the others individually...
But the fact is that these people specifially wanted to :mess up the hall:, and vote for people
only becuase they are :counterglow posters:
I know that all those people have posted at apolyton and contribuited... but I'm going by intentions here.

-Sagacious Dolphin's sentence has been reduced to the C level; with a possibility for no troubles if he can prove he didn't post in the counterglow thread.

Thank you for the support SlowwHand, jdd, and John!

--
*Note: I gave everyone a day to repent; and that is why certain people have lesser punishments now... and certain have greater...

----
Update on Punishment Spheres:

Sent to Punishment Spheres in Chiron Detention Center
A- Taz (as the ringleader... banned with no plea)
A- Drekkus (banned. No Plea. Voted for all 3 AND posted in Counterglow thread)
A- loinburger (but I really don't think he'll care... This is for past transgressions as well ... but once again- do you really care, technophile?" )
A- MattHiggs (voted for all 3 AND posted in the Counterglow thread) AND because of:
Quote:
Look at the freaks with theiir popularity contest.
Has NO PLEA.
A- jon miller (voted for all 3 AND posted in the Counterglow thread) The Only A rated with a possible Plea

B- Stickyhandsman (voted for 2 AND posted in the Counterglow thread)
B- The Mad Monk (voted for all 3) Pleas will be accepted because he didn't post at Counterglow
B- Bas (voted for all 3) Pleas will be accepted because he didn't post at Counterglow

C- Sagacious Dolphin (voted for all 3) Pleas will be accepted because he didn't post at Counterglow
C- Frustrated Poet (voted for 1) Pleas will be accepted because he didn't post at Counterglow AND he only voted for 1
C- Lazarus and the Gimp (voted for all 3 AND posted in the Counterglow thread) [Should be ranked A; but he originally voted straight AND we have proof that he voted straight. Banned for one term. No Plea because he turned from legality to frivolity; and not the other way around.]

D- Immortal Wombat I can take a good joke... and he didn't post at Counterglow...although it's obvious he knew about it and that was the only reason he voted for L.M.
D- Buck Birdseed (His votes for Venom/L.M. don't count but since he didn't vote for all 3 or post at C.G. he recieves no ban.)
E- MOBIUS (Votes all count- no evidence he ever saw counterglow- and he had a good reason!)
E- MikeH (Votes all count- no evidence he ever saw counterglow- and he had a good reason!)

Specific Punishments

A -Voted for three on the list: Poster loses 10 points (max) of his own from the list and can never vote in the hall again.
Any votes FOR him in the future will be reviewed for frivolity.

B -Voted for two on the list: 1 vote counts. Poster banned for the next two elections.
C -Voted for one on the list... The One vote didn't count... but the other two did... Poster Banned from voting in next election.
D -Certain Votes don't count
E -Votes all count!

---
once again, it's not personal. Only business.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:01   #182
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

See... the punishments are reduced... and this isn't even with petitions... this is just looking at the evidence while I tallied.

If they actually care, they will petition... if they don't, no loss.

But as for Taz, loinburger and MattHiggs- Ming, do you really think they care... they will jsut try to mess up the hall every time
Old January 20, 2003, 14:02   #183
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:45
Ming...stop trying to push DC around with your mod status. I want more action here. You will ruin Taz's tro...err I mean...cut of the discussion.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:03   #184
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

For the record, I don't want to make a plea. To do so would seem outrageoulsy hypocritical.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:03   #185
Kaak
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 08:45
the problem is that the newer people don't remember the old greats....

thus said:

Oedo
boann
Zylka

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."
Old January 20, 2003, 14:06   #186
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 09:45
It might be tme to end this farce by just deleting all the threads

As I said... valid members of this site should be allowed to vote for who they want to. I can understand you not counting votes for DL's and other silly type votes, but all three of CG people are valid members.

INTENT YOU SAY....
No worse than the campaigning done by some... at least those involved weren't doing it on their own behalf like SOME people do.

So really, lighten up...
Old January 20, 2003, 14:07   #187
DarkCloud
staff

Taz, Rimmer with the rules?

Was he the hologram? If so, he was my favorite character on Red Dwarf!

...Although I suspect that he was the star... In which case I don't know what you are referring to?
Old January 20, 2003, 14:08   #188
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by GP
Ming...stop trying to push DC around with your mod status.
Why... it's fun. Can't I have fun like other people
Old January 20, 2003, 14:09   #189
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
Was he the hologram? If so, he was my favorite character on Red Dwarf!
Yes he's the hologram ... and he's my favourite too.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:10   #190
DarkCloud
staff

Ming. Please. See my side of the issue here.
Where am I going wrong?

If I allow those others to vote, they'll just keep voting stranger and stranger... I logged the legitimite votes for Loud Medicine... what else can I do?

They really don't WANT to vote... just check the counterglow thread and see there!
Old January 20, 2003, 14:13   #191
spartak
King

Er Dark Cloud as usual your lack of knowledge embarresses yourself. Some of the above have other handles elsewhere but I'm not going to spouil it for them by revealing what they are.

You really are a rimmer aren't you? So much for the HoF being a genuinely democratic structure. AS Ming says all those who votes are long standing members of Poly and all those voted for have been long standing (and funny) members of 'Poly.

Loud Medicine needs no introduction.
Post Count Zero is Resource Consumer - DL creater extrodinaire, former owner of the Brian the Bug Master identity AND the evil spirit behind Jesus Egg that Wept.
Venom is just funny with an ability to walk the finest of lines.

Your who system sucks if you can't accept that posters of this quality have made a valid contribution to 'Poly and in the thoughts of many long standing members of this board worthy of inclusion in any HoF? How is this different then the block voting conducted by the AC forums in the last poll?

Grow up and see some sense will you?
Old January 20, 2003, 14:14   #192
DarkCloud
staff

Ming, please... Bas and Mad Monk will probably get off if they can talk their way out... and all the people on D and E really have no reprecussions... only 5 people cant vote in the future, and if one cares, he can talk his way out!

It's not as if I just outlawed all counterglow posters.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:15   #193
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
Ming. Please. See my side of the issue here.
Where am I going wrong?

If I allow those others to vote, they'll just keep voting stranger and stranger... I logged the legitimite votes for Loud Medicine... what else can I do?

They really don't WANT to vote... just check the counterglow thread and see there!
I can't see your side of the issue... because there isn't any issue. They are valid Apolyton Members voting for VALID Apolyton Members.

And yes, I've read the entire thread. I see nothing wrong with it. You allow other campaigning, this is no different. They are ALL "legitimite" votes... so there is plenty you can do. You can stop this by just allowing them to vote for who they want to (as long as they are voting for valid members)
Old January 20, 2003, 14:15   #194
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming

Why... it's fun. Can't I have fun like other people
Sure. You seem to have a lot of fun.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:16   #195
DarkCloud
staff

Taz,

All good points.
But you wanted to vote for them specifically to

"**** up the 'Poly HOFm "
Old January 20, 2003, 14:16   #196
spartak
King

DarkCloud - Check my post count - I'm a 'poly poster too...
Old January 20, 2003, 14:17   #197
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
It's not as if I just outlawed all counterglow posters.
You shouldn't outlaw ANY of them as long as they are valid members here. I look at who some of the non CG people are voting for, and I laugh. The people nominated by the CG block are no less appropriate.

Since you don't have a nominating process... this is going to happen. Deal with it... but not like this.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:18   #198
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Should have played it smarter, DC. Just wait until the polls are closed and just not count the Taz 3 votes. Your explanation could be along the lines of "case closed". Now, you're screwed.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:18   #199
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Darkcloud. Just to warn you: I'll probably forget all about this and accidently vote in the next election. Just ignore me when I do. Apologies in advance.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:19   #200
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Check your CG statement.

Old January 20, 2003, 14:19   #201
spartak
King

Quote:
Taz,

All good points.
But you wanted to vote for them specifically to

"**** up the 'Poly HOFm "
So what? Its not like I asked everyone to vote for Bumfluff, I chose posters who deserved recognition and I think you are taking my thread title too seriously - In case you hadn't noticed it was a joke.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:23   #202
Ming
lifer
Retired

You would think that DG would understand the concept of thread titles at CG...
Old January 20, 2003, 14:23   #203
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Taz
So what? Its not like I asked everyone to vote for Bumfluff, I chose posters who deserved recognition and I think you are taking my thread title too seriously - In case you hadn't noticed it was a joke.
You did it to **** up the HoF (which may be a worthy objective.) Whining about it getting stopped now is sorta silly. But the whole ABCDE list is kind of funny, no?
Old January 20, 2003, 14:24   #204
DarkCloud
staff

A joke?

Here, I'll repost what I said at counterglow- this is why I am reacting the way I did-

Quote:
As I said, I don't have any problem with you personally... it's just that you are ruining something precious to me... something I spend a lot of time on... (it took me 60 minutes to tally the first night; then 30 today)

If you want, vote for the people... they deserve to be in- but you said you wanted to ruin the hall

What if I just disregard the votes and permaban a few as yet unnamed people (to quote Robespierre... shortly before he was executed by the assembly)
Old January 20, 2003, 14:26   #205
spartak
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GP

You did it to **** up the HoF (which may be a worthy objective.) Whining about it getting stopped now is sorta silly. But the whole ABCDE list is kind of funny, no?
No the thread title was an attention grabber. I do think the HoF is silly but DC is wayyy overreacting here.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:26   #206
Ming
lifer
Retired

Why don't you just admit you over reacted and drop this silliness.

WE ALL KNOW YOU WORK HARD ON THIS AND PUT A LOT OF EFFORT INTO IT... and for that THANK YOU.

But please, you are taking this a "tad" too serious.

Let the people speak...
Old January 20, 2003, 14:28   #207
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 07:45
Yay! Freedom for the Taz 3!
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:29   #208
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Taz
No the thread title was an attention grabber. I do think the HoF is silly but DC is wayyy overreacting here.
BWAHAHAHAHA.

Sure he's over-reacting. And sure you were trying to **** up his Hall. Don't need an astrophysics degree to figure that out.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:29   #209
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Taz
No the thread title was an attention grabber.
Puleeeze.
Old January 20, 2003, 14:29   #210
spartak
King