View Poll Results: Should these boreholes be built?
Red: Yes 6 16.67%
Red: No 6 16.67%
Blue: Yes 7 19.44%
Blue: No 5 13.89%
Green: Yes 7 19.44%
Green: No 5 13.89%
Write-in 0 0%
Xenobanana 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 21, 2003, 21:42   #1
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Official: More Centralis boreholes?
Poll will last 2 days.

The Red borehole will not cause ecodamage and will be crawled for energy by the Tacticus Academy former already there; the other two will, and will be worked by the bases they are next to.

EDIT: See below for the correct map.

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; January 21, 2003 at 21:55.
Old January 21, 2003, 21:54   #2
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

F*cking hell. This really doesn't seem to want to post the right images. I'll see if it works this time.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	borehole plan ii.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	34601  
Old January 21, 2003, 23:37   #3
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 09:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
All 3, especially the no eco-damage one.

Question: Would any of the un-used land south of TA be suitable for a borehole? Perhaps 6,92? Also, could a borehole be drilled on the far end of the two-square peninsula west of Antioch (5,83)? Or are there bases planned for these areas and/or are they not under your jurisdiction?

edit: there's also the 19,91 spot 2 squares east of the Capital and the 15,81 spot 2 squares north of TBIBTU.

Last edited by Cedayon; January 21, 2003 at 23:51.
Old January 21, 2003, 23:54   #4
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Those areas would be quite suitable for borehole construction, and AFAIK, there are no bases planned for there ATM.

As for whether I have jurisdiction over them; for the Antioch peninsula, undoubtedly; for the area south of TA, I'd say it's a kind of null zone, which no-one currently governs because no-one has any use for it, so I don't see what's to stop me from at least proposing some borehole consturction there.
Old January 22, 2003, 00:11   #5
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 09:54
One on the Antioch Peninsula would be nice (it would be vulnerable to shore bombardment, but still).

The 6,92 spot of TA is just one square outside the base radius, and quite distant from any other base, so I don't think anyone has a better claim than you. Perhaps, though, that region could be more efficiently developed as an energy park. It depends on how many crawlers we want to post there.

I think it would be prudent to drill as many boreholes away from population centers (ie outside base radii) as is feasible, so that fewer boreholes and other undersirable-in-ones-backyard improvements need to be built near the bases. It is nice to get both the minerals and energy from one, though.
Old January 22, 2003, 08:36   #6
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 16:54
Yes yes YES w/o even looking at the Pic ;=)
Old January 22, 2003, 09:35   #7
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 15:54
Well as promised I voted no. Why don't you be the first to build some echelon mirrors
Old January 22, 2003, 09:37   #8
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Because, as yet, I see nowhere where they would be of any use. It might be better to use them in the area south of TA, but then again, it might not. I'll use whichever option is most effective.
Old January 22, 2003, 11:09   #9
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 14:54
No on all, though if the red one passes, I won't be too upset. If it doesn't create eco-damage, it's not too bad. If you wish to blight your landscape it is not such a problem to me. When it comes to the eco-damage, I voted no, as I do not wish the people to be subjected to the fear of worm rape. But then, all of this is pretty predictable from me by now

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 22, 2003, 18:00   #10
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 11:54
all of them
Old January 22, 2003, 18:26   #11
Kirov
Prince

Local Time: 16:54
Yes three times.