Old February 8, 2003, 11:01   #181
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 10:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
OK, I was able to connect to the FTP, I'm now downloading all the cities and uploading mine.

EDIT: Forget that second part, my city's already there.
Old February 8, 2003, 12:05   #182
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 17:03
I see you have also tried to create a dir, but I think all cities should be in the same dir, otherwise it'll be crowded with tons of dirs...
Old February 8, 2003, 13:16   #183
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 15:03
Kregston

Population: 4810
Commercial Jobs: 783
Industrial Jobs: 1569

Here you can see the newly built Kregston High, and Kregston's new expansion into the foot hills. Also, our rail system is now complete and fully functional, and will continue to expand with our cities growth.

With Kregston's continuing expansion we have had to demolish our wind mills in favor of a natural gas plant, which now powers the entire city. We have also expanded our industrial base to take advantage of the new power reserves.

Kregston's developement has been coming along very nicely, and I expect that our budget will be able to afford the construction of a seaport within the next 2 years.

You can download it here. (I couldn't get into ADG's ftp, but I'll put it there the next time I can get in, unless he does it for me)

Do It Ourselves
Old February 8, 2003, 13:31   #184
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:03
We all have a lot of excess power... You shouldnt pollute your pretty regions with power plants, even gas ones. Let me keep all the dirt.
Old February 8, 2003, 14:12   #185
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Osweld
(I couldn't get into ADG's ftp, but I'll put it there the next time I can get in, unless he does it for me)
Done...
Old February 8, 2003, 15:31   #186
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

To avoid having uninvited guests on my ftp, I'll PM some personel User/PW to you all... From later tonight the old account wont be avaliable...

If you haven't got the PM yet, or the login doesn't work, PM me...

Last edited by Adagio; February 8, 2003 at 15:41.
Old February 8, 2003, 15:35   #187
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
ADG,
It's cool that you decided to start keeping track of our progress. A couple of comments / suggestions though:

1) On the page, the first checkpoint is not January-03, it is January-02, since we started in year 00.

2) It would also be cool to keep track of the stats for the cities. So, maybe you could list the population / # of jobs / funds for each city on each checkpoint? So that we could later on make sort of a graph showing everybody's progress.

Also, I am playing my city now, and will be done soon.
Spore page
Old February 8, 2003, 15:44   #188
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by vovansim
1) On the page, the first checkpoint is not January-03, it is January-02, since we started in year 00.
I'll edit that, for next time I'm updating the site... forgot that we started year 00, and not year 01

Quote:
Originally posted by vovansim
2) It would also be cool to keep track of the stats for the cities. So, maybe you could list the population / # of jobs / funds for each city on each checkpoint? So that we could later on make sort of a graph showing everybody's progress.
Will get right to it...

Does someone has all cities, from end of first turn, so I can get all information? otherwise we have to just keep track on res/com/ind numbers...
Old February 8, 2003, 16:08   #189
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

If you don't like your PW, just pm me, with the pw you'd like to have, and I'll change it...
Old February 8, 2003, 16:09   #190
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
Will get right to it...

Does someone has all cities, from end of first turn, so I can get all information? otherwise we have to just keep track on res/com/ind numbers...
No, I don't have the initial cities... I've just overwritten them...
Spore page
Old February 8, 2003, 16:12   #191
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 07:03
GRRRR!

I am trying to get on to ADG's ftp site but it insists I need a password. I tried leaving the password blank, using password, and using "SimCity4" ass the password. I also tried logging in anonymously. None of these worked.

I have all cities except Jonny's, just need one more to play my second turn.

ADG, how do I get in to your ftp site this time?

John-SJ
Old February 8, 2003, 16:15   #192
vovan
Emperor

Read your PM, John.
Spore page
Old February 8, 2003, 16:16   #193
vovan
Emperor

Vovanburg times
1 January, 2004

Mayor cares for Vovanburg citizens
In biannual address to the citizens of Vovanburg, Mayor stated that despite all the difficulties the people are experiencing, bright future awaits our town. Indeed, in the past two years, thanks to the abundance of jobs in the neighboring towns, the population has grown 3400% to reach 3,946. Yet the people still have no running water, and no doctor to refer to in case of illness! Still the mayor claims such living conditions are alright. Below are some excerpts from his address:

It is true that our town is not the largest in the region, nor does it have all the amenities the others have to offer. Yet, I say to you, we are still prosperous. Our city will not become a home of the wealthy, but will provide a stepping-stone into a better life for the poor and uneducated sims of the SimNation. Indeed, how are all people from other regions coming to ours? They have no money or education to speak of. What, I ask you, would they do in the wealthy districts of Kregston, and ADGille? They wouldn’t be able to find a home, for they do not have any money. And they wouldn’t be able to find a job for they do not have any education. Our town, on the other hand, provides very cheap housing due to the fact that there are fewer public services to pay for with the income from rent. Yet the environment is clean, for we only use the wind to power our homes, and there are no dirty industries. Thus, the sims are healthy without much public services. And when they need a job, they can simply walk to the nearest bus station (which are conveniently located at every intersection) and ride to a neighboring city which has a good industrial infrastructure.

I envision the following future for our city: the sims from the SimNation will come into our region through Vovanburg. Here, they will be able to find cheap housing and means to commute to work in other towns. While working, they will also be able to attend evening classes, and thus improving their education gradually, they will be able to find a better paying job, and finally be able to afford housing in a more wealthy area of a neighbor. As they move out of our city, more sims will come in their place and follow their steps from poverty and ignorance to education and wealth.

A storm of applauds followed the Mayor’s description of the bright future that awaits every inhabitant of our town. Yet in the backs of our minds the question remains: was he sincere, or was that just a speech geared towards a single goal - to keep him in the mayoral position?
Spore page
Old February 8, 2003, 16:16   #194
vovan
Emperor

OK, the new city of Vovanburg is uploaded:

Population: 3,946
Commercial jobs: 457
Industrial jobs: 0
Funds: $70,000
Monthly income: $600

The existing blocks are growing, though there are still homeless people on the streets, the crime flourishes.

But the new blocks are also being built.

Vovanburg at four years of age.
Spore page
Old February 8, 2003, 16:17   #195
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

As mentioned above, you need the new PW, I sent to you...
Old February 8, 2003, 16:21   #196
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Great idea Vovansim... I'll put newspapers as those on my site too... (if you don't mind)
Old February 8, 2003, 16:23   #197
vovan
Emperor

Not at all. Go ahead.
Spore page
Old February 8, 2003, 16:37   #198
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

I'm currently uploading the updated Ocean City.

Ocean City - Populations as of 1904:
R: 9823
C: 1437
I: 3643

Ocean City is still waiting for connections from Elipolis and ADGillage to be built to us.
Old February 8, 2003, 16:40   #199
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

ADGille News
7 January, 2004

Mayor ADG on spending spree
4 years ago, ADGille started as a small industry town. All sims where living in Vovanburg, and drove to ADGille's dirty industry to get a job. The industry is still there, in ADGille, but during the last 2 years, sims from all over SimNation have been moving to our town. We now have a larger population than most other cities in San Francisco. We are also among the cities, with the largest number of Commercial Jobs. Mayor ADG has spent a lot of money lately, to make sure there's room for more sims in ADGille

But why do people move to ADGille? Is it because of our good health system? Is it because of our good schools? or is it because of the many jobs avaliable here? Mayor ADG believe it's all of them. Our sims are not the brightest in SimNation, but they are among the brightest in San Francisco, and with the good education we have here, in ADGille, the future looks brighter.

Mayor ADG knows the air in ADGille isn't that clean, as it's supposed to be, but with time he hopes the dirty industry goes away, and welcomes the more clean high tech industry. Also the farmland north to ADGille, wont be forgotten, in fact mayor ADG are planning on making the farmland greater in the near future. "Sure, farmland and high tech industry doesn't fit well together" mayor ADG says, "but San Francisco needs food on the tables too, and somebody has to grow it"...
Old February 8, 2003, 16:46   #200
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny
Ocean City is still waiting for connections from Elipolis and ADGillage to be built to us.
I did connect to your city, but you have to goto my city, and re-do the road, otherwise your city wont know that a road has been connected (it doesn't auto-connect when importing)

I see Eli has also connected to you, you just need to update your connections through our cities...
Old February 8, 2003, 17:04   #201
Jonny

OK, I fixed the connections. should I re-upload my city now with the connections fixed?
Old February 8, 2003, 17:06   #202
vovan
Emperor

No, you don't have to do that. Because the people who you connected with already have the connections. And those who do not have a border with you don't really care. When we upload the six-year mark, everything will come into place any way.

Also, as far as I understand, we are only waiting for San Jose John for his four-year mark? And then we can go on to six years...
Spore page
Old February 8, 2003, 17:06   #203
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Not necesary, since for me, the connections works fine, and I belive it also works for Eli...
Old February 8, 2003, 17:12   #204
Jonny

OK then, so all were waiting for is John-SJ to play his turns, right?
Old February 8, 2003, 17:13   #205
vovan
Emperor

Yipper. But since you don't share a border with him, you can go on already, I think. Just don't upload the new city yet, and don't post the stats here, so that we don't disrupt the flow.
Spore page
Old February 8, 2003, 17:22   #206
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 15:03
You might be able to get the connections to apear by reconciling the borders instead of going into the other's city and changing it. (I haven't tried this with imports though)

By the way, Eli, you didn't connect to my city - you have two cities on your northern border, and I'm on the western half. I'll connect to you on this upcoming turn.

Do It Ourselves
Old February 8, 2003, 18:08   #207
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I'll close my ftp for the night in short time...
Old February 8, 2003, 19:22   #208
John-SJ
Emperor

Sorry for the delay in getting my '04 turn finished. I am trying to get Jonny's city file but it appears ADG's ftp site is down. I keep timing out trying to connect.

John-SJ

edit:
ADG: "I'll close my ftp for the night in short time..."

Oh, well, I guess that explains it.
Old February 8, 2003, 21:54   #209
John-SJ
Emperor

It just occurred to me, I seriously doubt that my participation in this game is going to work.

During the week I will not be able to download the game until somewhere between 5-8 pm pst and with ADG in Europe and shutting his ftp down at night there isn't really a time when I will ahve access to it except on weekends.

I think the best thing for me to do is just bow out gracefully now and leave my city to anyone who might want it.

ADG, you came up with a great idea, good luck to you and all of the SC4 "PBEM" players.

John-SJ
Old February 8, 2003, 22:49   #210
vovan
Emperor

John,

It's kind of bad to loose somebody for such a simple problem... Maybe we could find some other place to host the files?
Spore page

Last edited by vovan; February 8, 2003 at 23:28.