Old January 24, 2003, 16:07   #1
MindsBigger
Settler

Local Time: 15:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
A Whoremaids Tale: 903 of Babylonian Whoring
A Whoremaids Tale: 903 years of Babylonian Whoring

The doors of the great hall were massive. I stood before them in a stupor. Not because of the sheer grandeur of their intricate carvings and endless epitaphs, but because my neck could barely hold my head high enough to witness the hinged monument in it entirety. You see I have traveled far from my home, and winters between the Tigris and Euphrates seem to have consumed the joyous Spring that our land once reveled in. The journey from Samarra has left its mark on both horse and rider. My hands have yet to straighten from the permanent fist born of nine straight days gripping the reins of my steed through the ice blast of a cruel Mesopotamia wilderness. Only the scent of roasting hog revives me from my frozen insomnia. The hardtack turns in my stomach.

The sound of a great burden could be heard. The creaking and moaning of the thousand year old doors preceded their actual moving by what seemed liked an eternity. A slight wind brushed my face. I was forced to step back a considerable distance to accommodate the wide arc of each lumbering door. Those would be the first of many steps back I would take that evening; back into an age almost forgotten.

Nebuchadnezzar III presented himself before a hall of overwhelming gilded excess.

I knelt, and bowed my head.

"Hail! We’ve been expecting you traveler. Come, let me show you the great palace of Babylon."

I followed the young king into the hall. The room glowed with the golden brilliance of uncountable treasure and artifacts. I had heard of this palace and indeed read of many more like it, but never had I had the opportunity to experience the grandeur of the throne of a civilization myself.

"My Father had this constructed in honor of Hammurabi's Code," he said, pointing to large slab of marble covered in etchings. "Did you know the Gardens are almost complete? To bad my Father couldn’t have witness the final construction himself. Did you know the Gardens were created to..."

I cared not to listen to this young man’s account of things conceived before his own conception. Nebuchadnezzar III, son of the great Nebuchadnezzar II, had been known for some time now to be a fool. His lack consideration for his inherited empire was all to evident during his frequent trips to the local whorehouses; which is where he spends most of his time, or so I’m told. The dereliction of his people is known know to many outside forces, and I fear the time of conquest is nigh. The sweeping tableaus of Babylonian leaders and kings which adorn the walls of this great room now only serve to cast down shame onto the ignoramus walking in front of me. If only he would stop talking long enough to notice.

He led me through the great hall and down several corridors, each one seemingly smaller then the last. I ceased looking about myself as the walls now no were mere sand stone. I followed the sound of this babbling leader down some winding stairs to the cellar...and then down more stairs to another cellar. It was colder now and the young king had the only torch. Finally we reached a rotting wooden door.

"Well, here it is. The palace library. The Whoremaids Tale was set aside for you. You should find everything you need inside. We are feasting in three hours" He motioned with his head as he opened the door. I found it strange that he did not enter the library. Perhaps he was scared he might learn something. I thanked the king and lit a small torch as I entered the library.

In my father’s time, the palace library was a grand spectacle. Books, manuscripts, records and maps of all kinds could be found and enjoyed in a modern sanctuary just off from the great hall. But ever since the new king established an arena for pit fighting in that sanctuary and moved the books to the wine celler, things have fallen into disrepair. My father was a personal scribe to Nebuchadnezzar II and I, my fathers apprentice. Fortunately such connections have allowed me access to places and books no commoner could ever get near. The book I came here to seek, the knowledge I have traveled so far to acquire is contained in the Whoremaids Tale. This book, or should I say tome, or codex even, since it is many volumes, is older then even the Ancient’s memory can serve. From what my fathers tells me, a whore mistress some millennia ago began keeping a journal of the happenings and goings-on of her brothel. This brothel is still being run today. It is Babylon’s most indelible artifact. From whore mistress to whore mistress, wench to wench, the this literary tradition was pass down with the proprietors of the whore house. My father never spoke of what was contained in the pages of these books but legend has it there are stories of ancient Kings, leaders, inventors and mysterious wanderers, all who have passed through the doors of the old brothel. Tales in the time of conquest and capture. Eras of great change, and great challenge. Like warriors on the bank of the Tigris, every war and peace has left its mark in the pages of the Tale.

I lit several candles. The library in the yellow light was now no more than a closet. Books piled to the ceiling like support pillars. In a room which used to hold a score of large wine caskets and enough room for thirty men, now held the scholarly wealth of Babylon and a small wooden table and chair. I retrieved the first book in the Whoremainds Tale and sat down. It was a small leather bound diary no bigger than the palm of my hand. I blew off the dust accumulated since my father touched its hide. No title, no lettering, just the dullness of a thousand years of existence. I carefully open its cover. A candle flame dances in the resonant stillness. I begin...
Old January 24, 2003, 17:23   #2
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 09:05
Inspired by the Handmaid's Tale, is it? Let us see what you make of this.
Spore page
Old January 24, 2003, 17:24   #3
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Local Time: 10:05
Very interesting.
Old January 24, 2003, 18:13   #4
MindsBigger
Settler

...the only thing this story shares with Atwoods' is the title....heh...i just coulndt resist...
Old January 24, 2003, 20:23   #5
gooberboob
Civilization II PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMNever Ending Stories
Warlord

This is extremely good, and it has whores, so I'm intrigued.... umm, more whores now please?
Old January 24, 2003, 21:23   #6
Samuel Johnson
Warlord

Local Time: 11:05
Yes, I like the way it begins - very original way to invite the reader into the story - a classic teaser!
Old January 24, 2003, 21:46   #7
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MindsBigger
...the only thing this story shares with Atwoods' is the title
And the concept of women as made for sex, I suppose. Only in Housemaid, they were for children, and in yours, probably for, well, fun.

Any ways, though looking at the name I thought this was going to be a stupid story, the intro tells me otherwise. It is very promising, indeed.

Let's get to action now. (No pun intended. )
Spore page
Old January 25, 2003, 04:21   #8
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 01:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Any ways, though looking at the name I thought this was going to be a stupid story, the intro tells me otherwise.
Ditto for me. Looks good, good, good.
Old January 26, 2003, 02:58   #9
MindsBigger
Settler

excerpt from 428 A.H.
...excerpt from 428 A.H. (1322 B.C. post-dated)

"Poke poke poke. That’s all those spearmen know how to do. No way to treat a lady you know."

"You’re a whore. And don’t forget that. Now it looks as if we have some men to entertain," Head
Mistress Zorella Anwar said and descended the stairs to the main foyer.
It was my first day and I had expected things to be different. Mistress Anwar had heard of my
abilities with the man-sprout and sought me at my old whorehouse, The Inn and Out. I immediately
jumped at the chance to entertain at Anwars brothel. It had long had a reputation as for the
best service and inturn, the wealthiest clients. I was growing tired of bedding the farmers and
road layers of our city who never bathed and could barely scrounge a dolpence to tip! The group
of spearmen who came in tonight were no cleaner, but their pockets run a bit deeper. Kurigalzu

II has been rather generous will the soldiers dole lately due to the increasing amount of Kassite
hordes at our borders. I can’t say I mind; the soldier boys are quick to lay and quick to leave
with their order always in the back of their minds. The mine diggers always try to extract every
last jewel from my fertile bed as long as their days wage will allow. Fortunately a mine diggers
pay wont get a tits glance in Anwar's place.

"Sosha!" Mistress Anwar beckoned. "Come down and meet Mayor Nebinonus of Ninevah."

My eyes widened. Finally a man of distinction. I had been whoring my whole life for this
moment. A mayor! If only I could see my mothers face when I tell her I bed the mayor of
Ninevah. Unfortunately she died in the ceremonial burial experiments of Ur three years ago but I
just know she is with Hammurabi looking down upon me with pride. I straighten my shallowlock and
gave my bosom a slight upward push before descending to make the grace of Mayor Nebinonus.

"She’s the freshest I have Mayor," Mistress Anwar said, pinching the soft fat of my ribs. "I
discovered her myself and she is quite talented with the man-sprout."

Mayor Nebinonus was as firmly planted to this earth as the poppy seeds are during the winds late
spring. Obviously he had a few too many sips of one of Anwar's redvine wine casks. 'The more they drink the less they think' Anwar would say. Or was is 'The more they sip the more they tip'? Either way I could tell the Mayor had about fifteen good minutes in him before he could no longer rely on his legs to keep him standing.

Mayor Nebinonus licked his wine soaked lips and looked at me as many a drunkard does when in the presence of a willing and voluptuous young woman. He dragged a finger across my breast and started to walk up the stairs, apparently to his usual room.

Mistress Anwar grabbed me by my chin, "Sosha, don’t get chatty with the Mayor, open you mouth only for the man-sprout you here?" I nodded to the best of my ability and upon the release of Anwar's firm hand I followed the Mayor upstairs.

Now I had never been one to keep my mouth shut. I guess it just comes with the territory. A man will tell you anything and answer everything upon receiving the gifts of a talented whoremaid, and I just had to know about the world beyond my short reach.

I reached the third room on the right. The mayor was struggling to get his pantaloons over his boots. If didn’t have such an inquisitive fire in me I would have stood there and watched this
comedic spectacle unfold, but I just had to know. "Mayor, tell me of the Oracle, I hear it is almost completed?" The construction of the Oracle in Ninevah caused quite a commotion all over the empire. Just imagine the new wisdom of our priests, and rejuvenation of our temples. Yes, the people will be so happy!

"The orifice? Why yes its almost erected," the Mayor said stripping off the several layers of undergarments usually worn by men of his rank. The dance of a undressing drunk was sure hilarity. If he had taken his eyes of my body long enough to see what he was doing he might have had more success.

"What about the priests? Have they come to pay respects? There must be thousands of them." I exclaimed, loosening the strings of my shallowlock.

"Yes yes, the priests. They have come or they will be coming or yes...oh yes...they are coming."

The mayor blurted, rolling on to the bed, not entirely successful in removing his clothes.

Matters such as the Oracle were fantasies to me. For a young girl with simple parents, the Oracle was a dream, a glimpse of the wonder the new world held. "Who is the patron? Will it be finished before Delphi?" I let the last of my garments glide to the floor and walked slowly, naked, over to the mayor.

"Patron? Delphi?...I oh...its almost finished...almost fin-,"

By the time I completed the fifteen steps over to the bed, the Mayor had curled into a ball and was snoring loudly. I took an honest gratuity from the mayors overcoat, kissed him gently on the forehead and blew out the candles.

"Almost completed," I said to myself. Yes Babylon is really becoming something.

I opened the door and headed down to the foyer where Mistress Anwar was waiting.

-Whoremaid Sosha
Old January 26, 2003, 07:20   #10
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 16:05
Well its certainly different, have you had much experience of whoring yourself ? only you seem well informed or researched.

Interesting start
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old January 26, 2003, 08:31   #11
Sparkle
Chieftain

Excuse me, but what does a man-sprout mean? Didn´t find it in any vocabulary :-)
Old January 26, 2003, 13:58   #12
vovan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle
Excuse me, but what does a man-sprout mean? Didn´t find it in any vocabulary :-)
Errr... Well... I would think from the context ("open you mouth only for the man-sprout", etc.) that that would be male genitalia.
Spore page
Old January 26, 2003, 14:02   #13
vovan
Emperor

MindsBigger, this is certainly an original story. But from the introduction I thought it would be more along the lines that the context would introduce historical events - as indeed that would be a great and very original perspective. But it seems you are digging a little too deeply into the proficiency of Sosha with the man-sprout, and a little underdeveloping the reason we are here to read this story - "stories of ancient Kings, leaders, inventors and mysterious wanderers." I hope there will be a little more of that in the next installment. Though what we have already is nice. So, please keep the goods coming.

PS: Oh, and I was wondering, would you happen to live in a place where prostitution is legal by any chance? Say, Nevada, or Amsterdam?
Spore page
Old January 26, 2003, 15:27   #14
MindsBigger
Settler

patience vonvansim.....cant a young whoremaid have some fun?....im just riding the traditional narrative ark right now....and i live in vermont...where its too cold for short skirts on street corners....
Old January 26, 2003, 19:06   #15
gooberboob
Civilization II PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMNever Ending Stories
Warlord

I love it... we need more whores in stories, the only other besides you and me to make them prominent is Metaliturtle.
Old January 27, 2003, 01:00   #16
Sparkle
Chieftain

vovansim

I´m starting to get an impression that when someone goes out with something unusual and controversial in the story, like whoring or holocaust, there´s always someone else who adds a polite, but in fact negative comment to it :-( (I have read all the stories here)
Old January 27, 2003, 01:16   #17
vovan
Emperor

Well, Sparkle, for one thing, that is my opinion, and I expressed it the way it is.

Secondly, I believe that it is not only praise the authors should receive, but also criticism where it is due.

Thirdly, note that I am not against a story that involves prostitution as such. What I am against, however, is a story focused solely on that aspect, especially since the intro promised a different approach.

Finally, I don't quite understand the phrase "polite, but negative." Do all negative responses have to be in the form of bashing in your opinion?

PS: Oh, and don't think that all I do is criticize stories. I just try to be honest when expressing my impressions, that's all.
Spore page
Old January 27, 2003, 04:32   #18
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

If we cant be honest then really there is no point in being here Sparkle. I whole heartedly back vovansim's approach and style, in fact he far better expressed some of my concerns than I could.

I would not wish to read a whole story based on the goings on in a whores bed chamber, but as we have seen Mindsbigger as responded to vovan's concerns and promised much more and different to come, so I would quite happily join vovan and wait and see what he comes up with.

This forum prides itself on its honest and fair critique and support for the writers who post their stories here, and I as one of the writers would not have it any other way.

Finally Sparkle those who do flame and bash dont usually last very long here and our vovan is probably one of the most active and fairminded weve got.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old January 27, 2003, 05:20   #19
gooberboob
Warlord

Actually, from the perspective of a writer (Although I don't believe the pieces I post here to be literature in ANY sense of the word) comments that point out exactly where the flaws are, AND ways to improve are the most helpful to me, and they are the comments I enjoy the most. Yes, posts like "keep it up" "Great job" or "" do make me feel good, posts that say things like "Develop this character more" or "I wanna see what happens to this character" make me more enthusiastic about my story, and more inclined to post.

Additionally, Minds, this is the first story of yours I've read (this may be your first story on here, I dunno) but you've shown far better organization than what I use, and it shows. Where I just kinda write what I want with my posts, this seems to have direction, I'd expect to see this to the end.

Oh, and did I mention that the elaboration on the whores is no problem from my perspective?
Old January 27, 2003, 12:46   #20
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Bravo. May your sprout harvest be fruitful.
Old January 27, 2003, 13:32   #21
Sparkle
Chieftain

ChrisiusMaximus

I really don´t have anything against the way vovansim commented the story. I like it here because all critics of the stories are polite, not arrogant and have some niveau. The only thing that I find a bit sad is the general feeling that I got when reading some more controversial stories and their comments, about the "mentality" here being a bit more conservative than I´m used to. But maybe it should be that way :-)
Old January 27, 2003, 14:57   #22
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Sparkle you may well be right I dont know for sure, I think I have perhaps been over critical at times but you will agree Im sure that honest and fairly intended critique is better than no response at all.

I have seen civfanatics forum but I dont post there prefering Apolyton's civ3 stories by far, and the impression I have got which may be wrong is, there forum suffers from very little feedback.

Could there ever be to much feedback ? I dont know that either but a writer could always request people not to post if they wish it so.

Any way sparkle its good to see another new name here and I welcome your input to this forum, and would like to read your stories when you post them.
Old January 27, 2003, 17:02   #23
Sparkle
Chieftain

ChrisiusMaximus

I´v never been to Civfanatics forum, didn´t know there were also some stories :-)

I´m working on a story, too, I already have it in Czech, I must translate it into English and let the translation corectness revise by a native English speaker, and then I post it here too :-) Hope it would be soon
Old January 27, 2003, 18:03   #24
vovan
Emperor

Sparkle, I am glad that you understand my concerns, and that you like it here at our forum. It is always nice to have new people join in.

Also, sorry about picking on your word choice in my previous post - I didn't know that you weren't a native speaker (yes, I know, the flag, but you see many people here pick flags just to stand out, because there are many american flags around, but this is the first time I have seen a Czech one).

Finally, I am looking forward to that story of yours.

Now back to MindsBigger's story. Sorry about diverting the focus off of it there, Minds.
Spore page
Old January 27, 2003, 18:07   #25
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Local Time: 10:05
Ah, Sparkle, you're from Prague. It never ceases to amaze me the way foreign Apolytoners can communicate so well in English, even though they think in their native language.
Old January 27, 2003, 20:38   #26
gooberboob
Warlord

Or how poorly Native English speakers on Apolyton can butcher it
Old January 28, 2003, 17:47   #27
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

nice job
Old January 28, 2003, 18:55   #28
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Well come on Mr Mindsbigger were just bursting to find out what happens next.

EDIT in actual fact our goober is foaming at the mouth just thinking about all those whores!!
Old January 28, 2003, 20:48   #29
gooberboob
Warlord

Actually, I just went and spent the night at my girlfriend's house... solved my umm... problem with the foaming and the mouth and whatnot immediately.
Old January 29, 2003, 00:08   #30
MindsBigger
Settler

i apologize fellas....for my tardiness....the nest espisode has a bit more length...but it should be ready in about 12-36 hours....