Old January 31, 2003, 17:00   #31
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 09:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I couldn't stand being a vegetarian, let alone a vegan.

I really don't care if it makes me more likely to get some kind of disease sometime way in the future, men have been eating meat for as long as I can remember ( ) and it seems to work just fine.

Life wouldn't be the same without big, juicy steaks & burgers, bacon in the morning, etc. I'll take steak over vitamin pills any day.
Old January 31, 2003, 17:05   #32
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 08:26
Let's face facts we evolved as omnivores, ergo, an omnivorous diet is what our bodies are designed to eat. If you exclude certain parts of our "natural" diet then you're doing your body a disservice irrespective of whither you're excluding meat or vegetables.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old January 31, 2003, 17:11   #33
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 00:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
and it seems to work just fine.
This works better:
http://okinawaprogram.com/news/newsday.html

my diet is fairly okinawaish in its general outline (except for less fish and tea and more salsa, chips and beer) and it so far so good
Old January 31, 2003, 17:29   #34
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 18:26
Quote:
my diet is fairly okinawaish in its general outline (except for less fish and tea and more salsa, chips and beer)
when I guess my diet is okinawaish as well.
Old January 31, 2003, 18:23   #35
Blisterz
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Willem

Engivita yeast on popcorn tastes great! It's also one of the best sources of B-12. It's good on salads as well.

OH YA! You know what else the magic power know was Engivita yeast is good for? Cut firm Tofu in strips (about the size of chicken fingers), dip them in soy sauce then roll them in Engivita yeast and fry them (I fry then in Canola oil with a drop of sesame oil). Soooooo good.

Try and tell me what you think

A close friend of mine has raised her son Vegan, and he is strong as an ox. One of the toughest 6 year olds I have ever seen. Never been sick either, not a cold flu nothing. Funny, to spite his mom he took a free sample of Bacon from a guy at the grocery store. He was so sick for the rest of the night. He body was really upset about being treated nice its whole life then having that poison fed to it.

William Seward Burroughs
February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.
Old January 31, 2003, 18:23   #36
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 10:26
Quote:
Let's face facts we evolved as omnivores, ergo, an omnivorous diet is what our bodies are designed to eat. If you exclude certain parts of our "natural" diet then you're doing your body a disservice irrespective of whither you're excluding meat or vegetables.
There is some controversy from Genesis on whether men originally were instructed to eat vegetables only.

For me, what makes a man unclean is what comes out of his mouth not what goes in. I'm not a vegetarian, but I'll eat vegetarian with those who are.
Old January 31, 2003, 18:34   #37
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
Castrated males also tend to suffer less from hear desease, and die older.

Have you schediuled your operation already?
Wrong. Back in Italy when sometimes they would castrate some little boys to preserve their high singing voice, they would grow very fat and die young.

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old January 31, 2003, 18:51   #38
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:26
Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18

There is some controversy from Genesis on whether men originally were instructed to eat vegetables only.

For me, what makes a man unclean is what comes out of his mouth not what goes in. I'm not a vegetarian, but I'll eat vegetarian with those who are.
Who cares about the bible? Looking at real physiological evidence, we are omnivores. Look at our teeth or the nature of our alimentary canal.
Old January 31, 2003, 19:12   #39
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 15:26
Vegan, Vegetarian...all the same to me

Anyway, meat is GOOD. I've tasted spiced corn...its pretty good, but it can NEVER compare to a nicely spiced, large juicy STEAK.

The real key is balance. Going on one extreme or the other is unhealthy, however if you exercise regularly and have a good, balanced diet....you'll be healthy. So simply eating corn isn't good, but eating burgers for every meal isn't healthy either.

But dont deny yourself the pleasure of the great

MOTHER COW. Thats a silly thing to do
Old January 31, 2003, 19:24   #40
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Who cares about the bible? Looking at real physiological evidence, we are omnivores. Look at our teeth or the nature of our alimentary canal.
PH-
I never said we weren't omnivores!

Evolution can only say what we have become. Have human beings always been omnivores? Or for that reason, will we stay omnivores? Evolution can't favour one over the other.

Besides, it's a non-issue. Some will be herbrivores, others carnivores.

Best to keep the carnivores away from the herbrivores, though.
Old January 31, 2003, 20:03   #41
molly bloom
King

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
that still doesn't change the fact plants taste like ****
Bizarre. Never eat coriander/cilantro?

How about rocket/roquette/arugula?

Mustard greens? Watercress? An apple? Roast aubergine/eggplant? Barbecued sweetcorn? Cassava chips? Honeydew melon? Pumpkin? Quandong? Illawarra plum?

They're all plants- and they taste great.

I don't know what you're talking about by international law. G.W. Bush, 12/03